Tom Brown Nostalgia-rama (Split from Rasic topic)

IMO

6 hours ago, IMO said:

Where is the next Tam Broon? Is there no one from that level we can take a punt on ? Never watch the juniors  so dont know but what is the risk ?

What a striker he turned out to be, some of my youngest memories as a young Killie fan were of Broono. 

I can still remember him scoring a 25 yarder against Aberdeen when the Moffat stand was mid-construction. 

Edited by stewartonpie

11 hours ago, stewartonpie said:

What a striker he turned out to be, some of my youngest memories as a young Killie fan were of Broono. 

I can still remember him scoring a 25 yarder against Aberdeen when the Moffat stand was mid-construction. 

He must be one of the few players to have a Junior Cup and Scottish Cup winners medal?

On 2/16/2020 at 6:09 AM, stewartonpie said:

He was an astonishing signing looking back.

To go straight from the juniors to the SPL and not look remotely out of place. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:09 PM, stewartonpie said:

Was that not Ally Mitchell? I could well be wrong but I mind standing on the Rugby Road terracing Oct 1993 and Bully scored you make it 1-1. 

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The season Mitchell scored the screamer was first year up in the Premier League.

I was stood on the Rugby Road terrace right behind it.

Couldn’t have been far from you. I remember that goal like it was yesterday, absolute peach. Loved standing on the Rugby Road end (apart from when it was pissing down) 

2 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Couldn’t have been far from you. I remember that goal like it was yesterday, absolute peach. Loved standing on the Rugby Road end (apart from when it was pissing down) 

Aye, I remember the Dundee Quarter Final that season in the Scottish and we couldn't get near the East Terrace due to the crowd. Got absolutely soaked!

On 2/15/2020 at 10:09 PM, stewartonpie said:

The first leg of becoming the first team to complete the 'set of four' against aberdeen.

Best goal I can remember Bruno scoring was a goal vs East Fife that season in a 4-0 win in the Scottish. Think we beat them 4-1 in league cup that season too with a 6pm kick off due to there being non floodlights. IIRC, it was only the Main Stand and Rugby Road Terracing open as the East wasn't finished and the Moffat was a building site. The East opened the following weekend in a 1-0 loss to Motherwell with that c**t Coyne scoring the winner I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Best goal I can remember Bruno scoring was a goal vs East Fife that season in a 4-0 win in the Scottish. Think we beat them 4-1 in league cup that season too with a 6pm kick off due to there being non floodlights. IIRC, it was only the Main Stand and Rugby Road Terracing open as the East wasn't finished and the Moffat was a building site. The East opened the following weekend in a 1-0 loss to Motherwell with that c**t Coyne scoring the winner I'm sure.

Scottish cup tie happened 'on this day'

Chadwick was well under way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMF6tdugZzY

League cup tie: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMm34cRN3PU

Motherwell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ6BtXSf7G0

It's fascinating watching the videos from that season. Seeing the ground take shape as it goes on.

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Coyne was one of those players constantly rumoured to be signing for us, but never did.

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Coyne was one of those players constantly rumoured to be signing for us, but never did.

Trained with us October/November 93. Was a slam dunk to sign. Opted for motherwell. We played them at the start of the year, booed the bugger out of the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNR_j_rnSk8

Think his boy was a youth with us.

18 minutes ago, CB said:

Trained with us October/November 93. Was a slam dunk to sign. Opted for motherwell. We played them at the start of the year, booed the bugger out of the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNR_j_rnSk8

Think his boy was a youth with us.

He was, played in same Youth Cup winning side as Naisy.

He's a Linlithgow now I'm sure.