Tom Brown Nostalgia-rama (Split from Rasic topic)

IMO

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Coyne was one of those players constantly rumoured to be signing for us, but never did.

If I remember correctly Burns invited Coyne to train with us following the death of Coyne's wife to help him try and take his mind off his loss.  

Later on it was rumoured he was going to sign for us but unfortunately he signed for Motherwell. 

Re Tom Brown did he not score against Dundee at rugby park in our 1st season back up and did somebody from Billy Dodds family ( I'm sure he was playing for Dundee at that time) not report that TB hadn't been properly registered back from the juniors and try to get us docked the points?

13 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Re Tom Brown did he not score against Dundee at rugby park in our 1st season back up and did somebody from Billy Dodds family ( I'm sure he was playing for Dundee at that time) not report that TB hadn't been properly registered back from the juniors and try to get us docked the points?

He defo scored that first game back against Dundee in a 1-0 win.

First I've heard of the Dodds story though although that wee rat was playing for Dundee.

2 hours ago, seedsy said:

Think Tommy coyne had all but agreed with TB to sign for us, but then f**ked us off and went to Motherwell 

Would have been a brilliant signing. 

That's what I remember from the time. TB thought it was in the bag, but then a signing on fee got was asked for by Coyne or his agent. Killie pulled the plug and he ended up at Fir Park.

Is he not Broono's cousin?

Did Brown not get sent off against Celtic after getting brought down on a break away then getting back up and sticking the nut in someone? Or did I just make that up? Left to shouts of Broooooonooooooooo? Under the lights at the old RP? Game finished 1-1?

2 minutes ago, G said:

Did Brown not get sent off against Celtic after getting brought down on a break away then getting back up and sticking the nut in someone? Or did I just make that up? Left to shouts of Broooooonooooooooo? Under the lights at the old RP? Game finished 1-1?

Broono v Peter Grant. Broono took some earlier punishment I seem to recall, then the red mist came down.

Brown was foaming at the mouth after that one!!!

2nd home game against them of that season... Scored the 2nd in 90th to make it 2-0... my fav goal of his! Worldy! 

superb chest down inside own half, pinged down the line to Williamson, takes return on edge of 18 and lobs it into top corner!

Edited by KillieBison

18 minutes ago, KillieBison said:

2nd home game against them of that season... Scored the 2nd in 90th to make it 2-0... my fav goal of his! Worldy! 

superb chest down inside own half, pinged down the line to Williamson, takes return on edge of 18 and lobs it into top corner!

That was an absolute belter of a goal. Williamson did great to set it up as well.

Memory could be playing tricks on me, but I think that game was a few days after the Rangers SF replay at Hampden. The Celtic win on the Saturday did a bit to raise the spirits after getting cheated out of that one.

I loved wee Tam Broon. Legend.

5 hours ago, KillieBison said:

I thought his best goal was against Partick Thistle at home. 

A dummy, a return pass from Ally Mitchell and then a finish into the top corner. 

The rumours at the time of Coyne training with Killie were that he was Tam Brown's cousin. I'm not sure if they were true or not. 

15 hours ago, KillieBison said:

Celtic support that day was tiny by their standards.

Ah, what finishing 4th in the league does to you eh.