Dons Cup Home Fred

skygod

5 minutes ago, KTID150 said:

If El Makarinis taken off when everyone can see that he’s clearly blowing out of his arse, he doesn’t give a lazy tired stupid foul away and we see the game out 1-0. We get back in it and then f**king throw it away. Absolutely gutted.

I think Dyer tries to ape SC and leave substitutions until late to play out time.

McInnes showed tonight that sometimes you have to be bold and use them to win the game.

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

You thought the ref was good?

Or we were bad?

Ref was horrific .... think it was 20mins before he gave us a decision. 

Kabamba gets dragged everywhere and the decision went against him most of the time.

Ferguson several fouls, spoken to twice then takes Dicker late .... and walks away scot free 

Logan blatantly body checked Burke .... nothing.

SOD and Cosgrove have some handbags .... only SOD gets spoken to.

Numerous times a player would go past an Aberdeen player and the arms shot out to take them out the game .... not one of them was penalised.

Aye. I agree mate. But everyone could see how knackered he was. He’s no played much football recently and gave all he had. I understand too that our bench isn’t the strongest but fresh legs, I personally thought would’ve made a difference. Thought big Findlay was outstanding until he gave away the pen!

You will watch football for the rest of the season and not see one penalty given for a player who’s already kicked the ball out for a bye kick getting body checked. Walsh’s performance was a disgrace and he couldn’t do enough to ensure Aberdeen got all the big decisions in their favour. Their second goal another example. 

Well we properly killed that one up!

A true masterclass in how to snatch defeat from the Jaws of victory

Ref was abysmal

Brophy had at least four really good chances, has to take one of them for me. 

And the 'defending at the end' let's not go there

First half we were good, then second half think we struggled with the Don's changes. 

Showed great determination to get back in the lead in et only to chuck it away

4 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Stonewaller....as the guy played the ball out the park, Findlay charged at him took him clean out the game.

I was down other end and couldn't see properly. What the f**k was he thinking? Even from where I was it looked like it was running out. 

I just can't get my head round this yet. Can understand making the sub to see out last few minutes but we've panicked and absolutely shat ourselves. Dunno who to blame really. Quite incredible being on the end of that one, I think I'll just try and block this out. 

Seasons over now, 3 cup ties at home this season and we've made an arse of the lot of them 

A week ago against Rangers AD took Brophy off on 90 mins for Johnson, to go with 3 CHs and see the game out, makes sense. Does the same tonight with 2 mins to go when 3-2 ahead. Nothing wrong with the choice of sub. 

Problem lies in not being able to freshen things up in a game by bringing on a striker for either Brophy or Kabamba as we simply don't have one.

We 'managed' a late lead against Rangers, we didn't tonight due to a very dodgy pen.....think you would have to say its a huge slice of luck for Aberdeen to get a refereeing decision at that stage.

You can argue that the players cant be suddenly 'more tired' at the end with only 2 mins to go, but having put so much into a game there must be a mental tiredness that creeps in having dragged ourselves back into it, massive effort to get another lead, and then hit with a sickening refereeing call. How often do you see these given? At the end of the day the players are human, you are mentally trying to deal with one blow, they get a huge undeserved lift, and we are hit again when we are down.

Edited by Jedi2

For the most part I thought we were terrific. A handful of crazy moments let us down.

By far the better team in the first half and despite the pressure comfortable in the second. A moment of class from El Makrini and a disaster at the end. Into extra time we let ourselves down on a number of occasions. No quality goals conceded they were all cheap and preventable.

We had some great chances to kill it at 1-0. I’m starting to really dislike Brophy’s left foot. 

I said on another thread the squad depth is killing us. I think Kiltie was possibly too attack minded to replace El Makrini at that time but the fresh legs were needed. The options just aren’t there. We can’t keep asking the same 12/13 players to give us everything as they have. 

3 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

A week ago against Rangers AD took Brophy off on 90 mins for Johnson, to go with 3 CHs and see the game out, makes sense. Does the same tonight with 2 mins to go when 3-2 ahead. Nothing wrong with the choice of sub. 

Problem lies in not being able to freshen things up in a game by bringing on a striker for either Brophy or Kabamba as we simply don't have one.

We 'managed' a late lead against Rangers, we didn't tonight due to a very dodgy pen.....think you would have to say its a huge slice of luck for Aberdeen to get a refereeing decision at that stage.

You can argue that the players cant be suddenly 'more tired' at the end with only 2 mins to go, but having put so much into a game there must be a mental tiredness that creeps in having dragged ourselves back into it, massive effort to get another lead, and then hit with a sickening refereeing call. How often do you see these given? At the end of the day the players are human, you are mentally trying to deal with one blow, they get a huge undeserved lift, and we are hit again when we are down.

The problem is Brophy is our recognised penalty taker. So close to penalties you don't take your taker off.

Agreed about the squad depth but even in the 90mins we were to slow to make changes. 

Irrespective of who did what and possibly one of the worst refereeing performances we have ever seen at rugby park the players should have been able to manage the game better for the last 3 minutes of normal time and the last 2 minutes of extra time totally gutted by this result!

The claims that we lost due to the foul for the penalty I can began to understand the rational behind them. To say we lost due to El Makrini’s foul and then apportion a lot of the blame to him is unreasonable however. If you believe he’s responsible and don’t acknowledge the abysmal defending from the resulting set piece then it’s purely agenda driven. The man gets a free header; defence is nowhere to be seen. Also, he scores an incredible goal to kickstart our game. If you’re saying we’re out if not for him giving away a foul, you must surely admit we’d never have got off the mark without him then?