Dons Cup Home Fred

skygod

8 hours ago, piffer said:

Was the wrong choice for me but he didn’t have the right choice available to him. Either another CM to try and get a tight control of the game or a runner who could press. We let them come too far forward and play in our half. Against Rangers they were putting balls in from deeper we were coping with better. I don’t recall Rangers getting near the line in the last few minutes Aberdeen hit it every time. 

Someone like Wilson would’ve been ideal or even Thomas at a push...

9 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Watched the goals in killietv. That has 2 mins ffs. Findlay basically runs from the goals to the edge of the box and assaults Ferguson. I don't like putting blame on him because he has been arguably our best player but what was he thinking 

Big man was strolling the game as well - so out of character. As you say, its verging on assault. A rush of blood but wasnt the time or place to be doing something so stupid. Sadly i think a lot of the blame goes on Stuart for what followed. Heads were down after that and then the subsequent equaliser. 

6 minutes ago, KennyH80 said:

Big man was strolling the game as well - so out of character. As you say, its verging on assault. A rush of blood but wasnt the time or place to be doing something so stupid. Sadly i think a lot of the blame goes on Stuart for what followed. Heads were down after that and then the subsequent equaliser. 

I think we need to cut him a bit slack. He’s played a lot of football, in a short period of time, after being out injured for months. I’d suggest our return to form had much more to do with his return than any other changes at the club. 

3 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I think we need to cut him a bit slack. He’s played a lot of football, in a short period of time, after being out injured for months. I’d suggest our return to form had much more to do with his return than any other changes at the club. 

Absolutely agree. Which is why i was even more surprised last night when he made that challenge. 

We are so typical killie aren't we nowhere near as street wise as last night's opponents by a long long way we just do not know how to win these types of games ( and not for the first time btw) .Aberdeen did everything in their box of tricks and we just could not cope it is becoming really depressing how many times we let things like this happen and as has been said we must be the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and giving that wee rat mcinnes some breathing space gutted doesn't come anywhere near describing how we are feeling!

Should never have been extra time, the many chances that were not taken were a repeat of numerous games this season. A sign of things to come.. You bet. In over 50 years watching Killie I am struggling to recall watching a capitulation as was witnessed in the last few minutes last night .  :15:

4 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Forced myself to watch it. Horrific stuff. Aberdeen second goal as clear a foul as you will ever see in the build up - unpunished by Walsh. Last three goals, tired looking defences, dire decision-making.

I was trying not to watch it, I was at the other end of the ground for the equaliser so I had no idea why it went in, I wish I still didn’t know why it went in. Shocking from the young man.