Dons Cup Home Fred

skygod

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

The one which irritates me the most is Aberdeen’s first. Niko goes to sleep and drops his man. Totally preventable. So costly. 

and was a totally silly foul by El Mak for that free kick-- late in the game a player heading away from goals and an experienced player makes a silly challenge  

Edited by Scouser2

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

and was a totally silly foul by El Mak for that free kick-- late in the game a player heading away from goals and an experienced player fouls the player 

The foul wasn’t the reason we lost the goal. We should still have enough organisation to deal with a pretty routine ball into the box. We lost the goal because one player didn’t do the basics of his job. 

I think player fitness is an issue. We have now lost a few late goals and tired players are making poor decisions leading to goals. 

Under Alex Dyer the intensity of the training has increased but we could still be short of the levels reached over the last 2 seasons. 

It could be a legacy issue from AA’s time in charge. 

3 minutes ago, TTF said:

I think player fitness is an issue. We have now lost a few late goals and tired players are making poor decisions leading to goals. 

Under Alex Dyer the intensity of the training has increased but we could still be short of the levels reached over the last 2 seasons. 

Or it’s more likely that our squad is too small to play at high intensity for 90 minutes, twice a week. I have no doubt that there will have been players in our starting eleven last night who are carrying knocks or not taking a full part in training 

Niko is not aggressive enough or brave enough for me. Too passive all the time. Gives players to much space to run at him and doesn’t get close enough to block crosses. He’s an athlete and has a decent touch but he’s a liability at left back. Hendrie must be absolute dross cause he’s miles away from challenging and we have no other options. 

17 minutes ago, Zorro said:

The foul wasn’t the reason we lost the goal. We should still have enough organisation to deal with a pretty routine ball into the box. We lost the goal because one player didn’t do the basics of his job. 

You’re right but we still shouldn’t have put ourselves in the position to have to defend that. It was a ridiculous foul to give away. 

2 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Niko is not aggressive enough or brave enough for me. Too passive all the time. Gives players to much space to run at him and doesn’t get close enough to block crosses. He’s an athlete and has a decent touch but he’s a liability at left back. Hendrie must be absolute dross cause he’s miles away from challenging and we have no other options. 

Niko comes in for a lot of unfair criticism on here imo. I tend to think he’s pretty steady. Not as good as Taylor but certainly not as bad as some people make out. 

2 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

You’re right but we still shouldn’t have put ourselves in the position to have to defend that. It was a ridiculous foul to give away. 

We give away fouls around the box all the time, I’d prefer we didn’t, but once they’re given you just have to get organised and defend them. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

Niko comes in for a lot of unfair criticism on here imo. I tend to think he’s pretty steady. Not as good as Taylor but certainly not as bad as some people make out. 

He couldn’t lace Taylor’s boots. Greg was combative ,aggressive and could defend despite his stature. He rarely had anyone get better of him.

Niko doesn’t like to header the ball or get tight enough. That’s fine if your playing left wing but not left back. If I was playing us I’d be targeting him as I think he is a soft touch and can be bullied. 

6 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

He couldn’t lace Taylor’s boots. Greg was combative ,aggressive and could defend despite his stature. He rarely had anyone get better of him.

Niko doesn’t like to header the ball or get tight enough. That’s fine if your playing left wing but not left back. If I was playing us I’d be targeting him as I think he is a soft touch and can be bullied. 

Unfortunately we can’t afford a replacement Greg Taylor. Not many teams in our league can.

1 hour ago, anndeetee said:

I am not 100% certain, but I don't think it's a penalty.  By the time Findlay clatters Ferguson the ball is out of play. Either a corner or goal-kick and a card for the challenge.

If agree, the ball is not in play but I'd guess the laws would state that it would still be a penalty.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

If agree, the ball is not in play but I'd guess the laws would state that it would still be a penalty.

Well that isn't true, is it? Balls out, games dead, it's not a foul, but would still be a cautionable offence.

I don't think the ball is out at all, and this is straw-clutching at best. Ridiculous rush of blood to the head by a player who's normally the coolest.

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

The one which irritates me the most is Aberdeen’s first. Niko goes to sleep and drops his man. Totally preventable. So costly. 

Then for the penalty kick he gets beaten like he wasn't even there resulting in Findlay having to come across and cover. The guy is an absolute bombscare.

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

We do, but he's playing for St. Mirren and could make it to Hampden. One of our stranger decisions. 

Edited by Wrangodog

Terrible marking for the 1st, the second ODonnell spots and tracks Kennedy’s run but slows down at crucial moment when he had every chance to nick the loose ball away otherwise, the penalty is one of the daftest things I have seen a professional player do -Killie and Dicker’s reaction tells you what you that, and the 4th it’s as if it’s one of those where Johnson has got an idea in his head of what could go wrong and then inadvertently acted it out

pretty disappointing to score 3 against an Aberdeen side and still end up losing the game. Aberdeen seem to be a real bogey team and nearly always find a way to beat us.

have to say as well if Branescu had let in the Brophy free kick he would be absolutely slaughtered, not to take anything away from Brophy though as he hit it well enough.

20 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Then for the penalty kick he gets beaten like he wasn't even there resulting in Findlay having to come across and cover. The guy is an absolute bombscare.

I can take players getting beat, I can tak them making poor challenges or missing shots. I can’t take them switching off or a lack of effort (plenty of effort last night). For me those have been the defining elements of this season. 

19 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

If any blame is to be given  , Its to the lack of players in the squad....When you have to start a centre mid out on the wing and bring on a right back to play right wing , then what do we expect will happen...we are weaker. Also to play 120 mins with players who start every week and dont get rested ....it was a great effort tbh.

Spot on, canny fault the starting 11......... the problem is our squad is lacking depth and quality, that is the reason we are out the cup(would have won in normal time if the squad had more depth, allowing timely substitutions, imho).

5 hours ago, TTF said:

Sorry but I don't agree with that at all. We have a very small squad who have been asked to play a lot of very important games in a short period of time.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The ball wasn't out.

It was as clear a pen as you'll see.

Sheer lunacy to even challenge there but it was a stonewaller.

I wasn't at the game due to work, so hard to comment BUT I will !

Watched the highlights and think Niko gives up, familiar? 

Findlay's challenge brings down Ferguson and I'd have wanted it all day long however I watched the challenge from Bravo on Dennis in Man Utd versus Brugge and like ours last night the contact comes after the ball has been played by Ferguson.

Tonight the Brugge player is injured by a reckless flailing challenge by the keeper of Man Utd. that requires treatment, but no penalty, no booking and no disagrrement from the Brugge players.

Last night a penalty and a booking, the only difference is the quality / experience / judgement of the referee.

Obviously like all Killie fans I'm desperately disappointed but it's back to consistency of refereeing.

From all accounts as usual we got not much, see push for the second goal, from the referee but no comment.

McInnes was moaning last weekend to prep for this situation.

Just saying we might be too nice. 

First goal comes from a tangle of legs as the two players were chasing the ball ... it happens.  From that free kick, Considine finds free space and gets an easy header.  Niko seems to be watching someone on the edge of the box, while Millen and Power follow the runner. If either of the latter two stand then there's no goal.

Second there was a clear push but as happened throughout the entire 120mins, neither the ref nor linesman gave it ... lucky bounce puts the ball on Kennedy's head.

Third was a criminal tackle ... although Ferguson was lucky to be on the park at that point.  He was spoken to by the ref twice and then went in high and late on Dicker as well as other fouls and still never got booked.

Fourth was just one of those things ... fire the ball across the goal and see what happens.  Something we rarely do ... it's normally a floater.

Interesting thing was Cosgrove grabbed the ball from the net after the penalty and ran back ... they were gagging to get another shot off and we duly obliged by making the exact same fuc up from kickoff that we have made in every game this season.  Ball gets laid back and a big punt wide right to SOD.... every fukker knows what is coming when we kick off. If we take that ball sideways or backwards, we keep possession and go to penalties.

9 minutes ago, Tight End #79 said:

I wasn't at the game due to work, so hard to comment BUT I will !

Watched the highlights and think Niko gives up, familiar? 

Findlay's challenge brings down Ferguson and I'd have wanted it all day long however I watched the challenge from Bravo on Dennis in Man Utd versus Brugge and like ours last night the contact comes after the ball has been played by Ferguson.

Tonight the Brugge player is injured by a reckless flailing challenge by the keeper of Man Utd. that requires treatment, but no penalty, no booking and no disagrrement from the Brugge players.

Last night a penalty and a booking, the only difference is the quality / experience / judgement of the referee.

Obviously like all Killie fans I'm desperately disappointed but it's back to consistency of refereeing.

From all accounts as usual we got not much, see push for the second goal, from the referee but no comment.

McInnes was moaning last weekend to prep for this situation.

Just saying we might be too nice. 

I must admit if the positions were reversed and Aberdeen had been 1-0 up and we had used all our subs at half-time, then I think there would have been a few robust challenges flying in.