Shat the bed

Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I don't think you necessarily need to relate the two. We made the same change with Burke for Millen at the rangers game whilst level and we went on to win it. It wasn't a master sub then as much as this wasn't a poor sub tonight. It didn't cause Findlay to do what he did, so I don't see why it should then have an effect on the Brophy sub. 

Both subs were fine imo. 

Fair enough. I get that perspective. Just think if we don’t make that sub we win. Disrupted us. But agree no accounting for Findlay doing that. 

The disappointing thing for me is we had the game won twice and two individual errors from El Makrini and Findlay cost us twice.

You can’t blame Dyer for putting on Millen (who set up Kabamba’s goal btw) because Burkey was burst for 10 minutes before he made the change. Equally bringing on a centre-half when you are up 3-2 with 2 mins left is absolutely the right call. 

Individual errors cost us tonight. Not Dyer.

18 minutes ago, KTID said:

The disappointing thing for me is we had the game won twice and two individual errors from El Makrini and Findlay cost us twice.

You can’t blame Dyer for putting on Millen (who set up Kabamba’s goal btw) because Burkey was burst for 10 minutes before he made the change. Equally bringing on a centre-half when you are up 3-2 with 2 mins left is absolutely the right call. 

Individual errors cost us tonight. Not Dyer.

Agreed. It was poor game management from the player, absolutely criminal in fact. 

We made the exact same changes against Rangers and it worked fine. 

7 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

I think Kabamba is mince. 

I'd drop him. 

He's OK at winning the occasional header but apart from that.... 

He scored what should have been the winner. 

Does a lot more than just win the occasional header. 

He was fouled out of most of the game last night but Aberdeen spent so much time wrestling him that Brophy got more space and was able to cause problems. Had Brophy been more clinical he could have had three tonight, we’d have won and Kabamba’s impact would have been more obvious. 

A little more time to gel and that could be an excellent partnership. 

8 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

I think Kabamba is mince. 

I'd drop him. 

He's OK at winning the occasional header but apart from that.... 

Kabamba does a lot of the donkey work. There were a few occasions last night he held the ball up well. Hes an out ball that we have struggled for all season. He makes space for Brophy and has provided the occasional goal. 

I think hes exactly what we are looking for to partner Brophy long term. 

4 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I only read the first few posts on here and thought...oh oh hear we go again!

We lose a game and everybody is back slating the Manager and the board.

The same guys that were lauding the Manager and the board after we beat Sevco.

That’s fitba I suppose.

"We lose a game"

We didn't lose a game, we absolutely shat the bed and threw it away. Manager needs to take some of the blame for that given his subs. We have had two howlers in the last year in transfer windows and can barely fill a bench with players who've first team experience.

Board need to take some of the blame for that.

Our weaknesses are there for everyone to see. We have nowhere near the cover we need.

8 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I only read the first few posts on here and thought...oh oh hear we go again!

We lose a game and everybody is back slating the Manager and the board.

The same guys that were lauding the Manager and the board after we beat Sevco.

That’s fitba I suppose.

To be fair I think the board have been open to criticism for a while now. Don’t recall them getting many plaudits recently. What’s happened in the last two games is highlighting an important area they’ve let us down. Opinion on managers changes day to day, week to week, month to month. 

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We didn't lose a game, we absolutely shat the bed and threw it away. Manager needs to take some of the blame for that given his subs.

Again, does he get credit for making the exact same subs at the exact same stage of the match (ET aside) vs Rangers then? It doesn't matter what subs he made when Findlay is going to get a rush of blood to the head and do that. If he hadn't, we'd have likely seen the game out and absolutely nobody would have been talking about the subs. 

If there's any criticism of Dyer and subs last night it's that we needed some fresh legs on the pitch a bit earlier I thought.

5 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Again, does he get credit for making the exact same subs at the exact same stage of the match (ET aside) vs Rangers then? It doesn't matter what subs he made when Findlay is going to get a rush of blood to the head and do that. If he hadn't, we'd have likely seen the game out and absolutely nobody would have been talking about the subs. 

If there's any criticism of Dyer and subs last night it's that we needed some fresh legs on the pitch a bit earlier I thought.

He gets credit for what he did against Rangers. Last night was not Rangers though it was Aberdeen. What’s right for one game isn’t necessarily right for the next

Found it strange that the young inexperienced centre back was brought on instead of Del Fabro who has been a

regular for most of the season.  Also. in hindsight, the boy Connell might have been a better option to replace

Brophy in order to  hassle/run down the defenders instead of leaving Kabamba on his own for last 4 minutes.

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

He gets credit for what he did against Rangers. Last night was not Rangers though it was Aberdeen. What’s right for one game isn’t necessarily right for the next

It was the exact same principle behind each change though. Fresh legs to see out the game and taking off a striker - still leaving his much taller striker and a no10 on the pitch - to bring on a centre half for what was likely to be a bombardment of high balls into our penalty area. The logic behind it was perfectly sound and nobody at the time could have predicted anything like what was about to happen. 

Folk saying "he made the same subs against Rangers and it worked" are actually emphasising the opposite point. A totally different game last night. As I said earlier, the first sub is understandable. The second was crazy after what happened after Burke came off. 2 minutes to go. Changes shape and invites pressure. Blame lies with individual errors yes, but no way Dyer gets a free pass here. Inexperienced management I think. Aberdeen throw caution to the wind because we put a white flag up bringing Johnson on. We effectively said "we are done. You have 3 minutes to score twice." Which they did. 

10 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Totally disagree. I think he set the team up brilliantly; we pissed all over Aberdeen. The substitutions were poor but he has earned the chance to learn from his mistakes.

It was a lamentable start to his managerial career but, in the 118th minute, we were reflecting on a brilliant performance.

Sorry, Aberdeen were the better team in the second half. We were hanging on and the lack of subs screamed of a manager not knowing what to do incase it didn't work. Answer was to revert to a tactic that worked before? Do you not think Aberdeen were watching us the other night and expected this? We have such a thin squad and very little experience on the bench, if he was a strong manager he would have told Fowler that no one leaves until replacements are over the line.

20 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Sorry, Aberdeen were the better team in the second half. We were hanging on and the lack of subs screamed of a manager not knowing what to do incase it didn't work. Answer was to revert to a tactic that worked before? Do you not think Aberdeen were watching us the other night and expected this? We have such a thin squad and very little experience on the bench, if he was a strong manager he would have told Fowler that no one leaves until replacements are over the line.

I don’t think Aberdeen were better team in second half.

No doubt we absolutely bottled it and threw it away last night. There was enough experience out there that we should be able to see out the last 2 mins of extra time. Players and manager take the blame for that. 

However for me it goes deeper than and the last 2 games have highlighted what a disaster the club has been since the summer. Post Alessio we have put Dyer in charge and given him the absolute bare minimum to work with in terms of a squad.  We have come out the Jan transfer window worse than we went into it in terms of squad numbers. We said we were going to look at the free transfer market and nearly a month later still nobody else in. The decision to let Wilson and DT to go out on loan is baffling. 

Relying on the same 14/15 players was ultimately going to catch up with us and it has. The last 2 games has highlighted the lack of options in the squad and ability to be able to change personnel in the way that Aberdeen and Hibs were able to. We should have been making changes from 75 mins onwards last night to disrupt the flow of the game but we clearly had no faith in anyone on the bench to bring on and do that. It’s ultimately cost us the chance of finishing top 6 and the good chance of a cup run and trip to Hampden. 

The board, Fowler and to a lesser extent Dyer have let the fans down in a huge way this season. 

I was surprised initially that Broadfoot started, however, I thought he had a good game but to bring on Johnson in place of Del Fabro seemed bizarre. I genuinely think there is a problem personality wise in the dressing room with the back four and with Broadfoot back Del Fabro is going to get squeezed out.

The rights and wrongs of the substitutions aside it looked for as if Brophy was toiling with an injury for at least 20 minutes before coming off, hopefully I am wrong as this squad are on their knees at the moment. 

The team put in a great effort last night, yes stupid mistakes and a hopeless ref did not help, but it is the Board that are most to blame for yet again not learning from there mistakes and bolstering the squad. They had two windows to do it and failed miserably. Can't think many of these players will want to sign on for longer if they know the Board and management are not doing there bit as well.

A game we had "in the bag" twice we failed to see it through to the end due to individual mistakes. Its time for some perspective here. For 118 minutes we have had the most attacking threat in the game. Yes we gave the sheep a fair bit of possession in the second half but in the main they were creating very little. We have spent all that time watching the three stoodges at the heart of the sheep's defense climb all over Brophey and Kabamba with the clown that is Nick Walsh turning a blind eye to it all.

Two evenly matched teams, one makes more mistakes than the other resulting in defeat. There are positives to take out of this game, sadly a great number of people on this forum only want to see perceived negatives. The default position when we  get beat is to revert back to " the fiasco in the summer", AA's appointment and demise, the board's incompetence, the players who don't try, JF's appointment and 2 transfer windows when we didn't sign Lionel Messi. No one can change what happened in the past stop harping on about it and see the positives. The biggest positive I take out of last night ( omitting the penalty mistake ) is that Stuart Findlay is now a far better central defender than Scott McKenna the £7m poster boy.

I feel deflated after last night I am sure the players will feel much worse but I do know that we will rise again because WE ARE KILLIE.

No having the managers subs were the issue. No matter the players on the park, they should've been able to see that out no bother.

Makrini was having a good game and made 1 mistake. The freekick should still have been defended better. 

MIllen on for burke made sense, Burke was knackered and we were leading with 4/5 to go. Millen was only option for that side, can get down the park and in the end got us our 3rd goal.

A defender for Brophy was a change I actually was shouting for. Assume del fabro was struggling, surprised he didn't come on instead tho. Brophy was humped and we made the same sub before as have majority of managers. You stick on a defensive player to shore things up and waste time. Noone can account for Findlay, who had 118 superb minutes, making that challenge or Johnson's rush of blood. 

I felt we were undone by Brophy's lack of composure, the long range curling efforts were unlucky but twice he was straight in front of goal, with time, and he dribbled an effort to lewis with his left foot when there was time to move it to his stronger right.