Shat the bed

Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

No having the managers subs were the issue. No matter the players on the park, they should've been able to see that out no bother.

Makrini was having a good game and made 1 mistake. The freekick should still have been defended better. 

MIllen on for burke made sense, Burke was knackered and we were leading with 4/5 to go. Millen was only option for that side, can get down the park and in the end got us our 3rd goal.

A defender for Brophy was a change I actually was shouting for. Assume del fabro was struggling, surprised he didn't come on instead tho. Brophy was humped and we made the same sub before as have majority of managers. You stick on a defensive player to shore things up and waste time. Noone can account for Findlay, who had 118 superb minutes, making that challenge or Johnson's rush of blood. 

I felt we were undone by Brophy's lack of composure, the long range curling efforts were unlucky but twice he was straight in front of goal, with time, and he dribbled an effort to lewis with his left foot when there was time to move it to his stronger right.  

Said when he missed the 1 on 1 with Lewis it would bite us on the arse. 

Didn't think it would be as dramatic as it was. 

The ball he hit first time that came across from SOD I think. 

He had time to take a touch and pick his spot. 

Frustrating. 

47 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I don’t think Aberdeen were better team in second half.

From where I was sitting, it was like the Alamo. More or less constant Aberdeen pressure, with their movement far superior to ours. We we dead on our feet due to lack of options. In that sense, the Board are asking Dyer to do the job with one hand tied behind his back. 

1 hour ago, pmonty3 said:

Folk saying "he made the same subs against Rangers and it worked" are actually emphasising the opposite point. A totally different game last night. As I said earlier, the first sub is understandable. The second was crazy after what happened after Burke came off. 2 minutes to go. Changes shape and invites pressure. Blame lies with individual errors yes, but no way Dyer gets a free pass here. Inexperienced management I think. Aberdeen throw caution to the wind because we put a white flag up bringing Johnson on. We effectively said "we are done. You have 3 minutes to score twice." Which they did. 

All about opinions mate, and I'm not having a go by any means, but I don't see how it was a totally different game. We brought Millen on then conceded a goal but the goal wasn't in any way related to Millen coming on so I don't see how that can then be used as a benchmark for any future subs. Also bringing Johnson on against Rangers, isn't that waving the same white flag? It's common sense to me. 

Leave 2 strikers and a number 10 on the pitch whilst hanging on to a lead and sure - we might break on the counter, but Aberdeen score and we question why we didn't make any changes. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but as I've already said, the best managers in the world make the same changes as Dyer did last night 9 times out of 10.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

"We lose a game"

We didn't lose a game, we absolutely shat the bed and threw it away. Manager needs to take some of the blame for that given his subs. We have had two howlers in the last year in transfer windows and can barely fill a bench with players who've first team experience.

Board need to take some of the blame for that.

Our weaknesses are there for everyone to see. We have nowhere near the cover we need.

We’re paying the price for lack of investment in the squad over the the past year at least. We’re down to the bare bones, that was obvious from who was on the bench last night again. We lost the game last night because we didn’t take our chances and inexperience on the park to see out the game. I don’t see how AD can be held fully responsible for last night. However he is the manager. We ran out of steam and ideas at the end. They kept going and a freak goal wins the game. One serious point for me and was blatantly obvious during the final periods of normal time and ET last night is that we don’t have a leader on the park. We haven’t had anyone for quite some time. Someone who roles their sleeves up and makes himself heard, guiding the younger players through the final minutes of the game. If we had that we would have seen the game out last night. Instead Aberdeen were allowed to dominate and we couldn’t cope.

we haven’t invested in our squad and are paying the price. I find this even more gaulling, due to the fact that the 2 very successful business people on our board have made their personal wealth and their businesses successful by continually re-investing into their respective businesses. I’m not talking about putting more of their own money into the club. I’m talking about money generated by the club. We seem to have prioritised investment within the club on several areas except the players budget. Surely the club should have built in the success from 2018/19? I’m not saying we put the club at financial risk. However it’s perfectly clear that a decision was made at board level not to invest in 2 or 3 experienced players. I cannot understand this at all. It doesn’t make sense at all from a playing, supporters or business point. Ultimately we are now paying the price. Lay off AD and think about our strategy (or lack of) as a club. It’s embarrassing and an utter shambles. Finally, the last transfer window says it all. No lessons learned. JF’s honeymoon is over.

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

From where I was sitting, it was like the Alamo. More or less constant Aberdeen pressure, with their movement far superior to ours. We we dead on our feet due to lack of options. In that sense, the Board are asking Dyer to do the job with one hand tied behind his back. 

I thought they dominated possession but we were absolutely comfortable in defending their woeful crosses into the box. We created a couple of chances in that period too. 

Similar to our own second half performance at Hamilton on the second gameweek of the season. We dominated the second half but created very little, Hamilton weren't really in much danger. 

There are some games you can bounce back from and there are others that floor you. Last night was a real body blow, I suppose Motherwell supporters were feeling the same yesterday morning. I don't know if the board are capable of making correct appointments, I don't know if James Fowler is good enough as a HoF, and I don't know if the manager has what it takes. The squad of players we have now aren't good enough and can't compete in the post-split glut of fixtures. Hibs and Aberdeen could make changes and not lower the standard of the eleven players on the pitch, we can't and are paying the price for two hellish transfer windows. 

2 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

.... apart from that he scores goals, I think that’s quite handy.

Queens Park goal. Hits his arse and goes in. Didn't know a thing about it. 

Celtic goal. Can't argue, took it well. 

Aberdeen goal. Stood behind Devlin waiting on him clearing it. Devlin makes an arse of it and Kabamba couldn't miss. 

There’s no doubt he frees up space for Brophy, but when we are looking to play it to feet he is all over the place. 

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt as it's a step up from what he was playing, but he needs to sharpen up and be a bit more savvy and certainly more physical. 

It could be Tope all over again. 

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Aberdeen goal. Stood behind Devlin waiting on him clearing it. Devlin makes an arse of it and Kabamba couldn't miss. 

There’s no doubt he frees up space for Brophy, but when we are looking to play it to feet he is all over the place. 

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt as it's a step up from what he was playing, but he needs to sharpen up and be a bit more savvy and certainly more physical. 

They haven't been pretty, but they all count!

More importantly, he is getting in to positions to score goals - something we have been lacking for a while with Brophy ploughing a lone furrow.

Scored against County too.

Kabamba has been a great addition. He puts himself about, disrupts players, holds the ball in well, wins headers and has chipped in with 4 goals in what 9 games? Where's the downside?

My only gripe with the Brophy Kabamba partnership is they often make the same runs when a cross comes in or a long ball is punted up. Just need to stagger themselves on occasion. Should get that in time.

The addition of Kabamba has revitalised an attack that was absolutely moribund.  My only criticism is the fact that he should have started going to ground whenever he was being manhandled last night - a show of naivete typical of the team performance. 

I don't care how they go in, as long as they go in.

ps. I liked tope

Just watched the highlights, no idea why(!) - the last two goals look even worse when watching them back. Still cannot believe Findlay dived in the way he did - absolutely criminal. And Johnson - why is he trying to head that?! They will both probably be thinking the same today. Hopefully they both learn - that is all they can do now!

A quite different kind of player to Tope

10 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

It was the exact same principle behind each change though. Fresh legs to see out the game and taking off a striker - still leaving his much taller striker and a no10 on the pitch - to bring on a centre half for what was likely to be a bombardment of high balls into our penalty area. The logic behind it was perfectly sound and nobody at the time could have predicted anything like what was about to happen. 

Oh, I think you will there are a few on here who think differently. Hindsight is great, isn't it?

9 hours ago, Doonhamer said:

We’re paying the price for lack of investment in the squad over the the past year at least. We’re down to the bare bones, that was obvious from who was on the bench last night again. We lost the game last night because we didn’t take our chances and inexperience on the park to see out the game. I don’t see how AD can be held fully responsible for last night. However he is the manager. We ran out of steam and ideas at the end. They kept going and a freak goal wins the game. One serious point for me and was blatantly obvious during the final periods of normal time and ET last night is that we don’t have a leader on the park. We haven’t had anyone for quite some time. Someone who roles their sleeves up and makes himself heard, guiding the younger players through the final minutes of the game. If we had that we would have seen the game out last night. Instead Aberdeen were allowed to dominate and we couldn’t cope.

we haven’t invested in our squad and are paying the price. I find this even more gaulling, due to the fact that the 2 very successful business people on our board have made their personal wealth and their businesses successful by continually re-investing into their respective businesses. I’m not talking about putting more of their own money into the club. I’m talking about money generated by the club. We seem to have prioritised investment within the club on several areas except the players budget. Surely the club should have built in the success from 2018/19? I’m not saying we put the club at financial risk. However it’s perfectly clear that a decision was made at board level not to invest in 2 or 3 experienced players. I cannot understand this at all. It doesn’t make sense at all from a playing, supporters or business point. Ultimately we are now paying the price. Lay off AD and think about our strategy (or lack of) as a club. It’s embarrassing and an utter shambles. Finally, the last transfer window says it all. No lessons learned. JF’s honeymoon is over.

Absolutely this. Had a real opportunity this season to consolidate the gains of the SC era by some judicious investment in the team.   Mystifyingly, despite all the positive words from BB, the Board royally f**ked it up.

6 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Maybe he'll free up some brain cells for you.. 

9 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I thought they dominated possession but we were absolutely comfortable in defending their woeful crosses into the box. 

They scored directly from 3 crosses and the penalty came from not being able to defend a cross.

So no we weren’t comfortable in defending their Woeful  crosses. 

7 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

He’s scored four goals in what 7(?) games? Plus an assist and general all round good play. 

You are being awfully harsh on him.