Nick Walsh

fullmetaljacket

13 hours ago, k-man said:

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but I genuinely believe this so called ref went out his way to get the sheep though to the next round, the thought of Killie or St Mirren in the Cup semi clearly not in the SFA's game plan. Absolutely dreadful display from min 1 to 120

That’s Old Firm levels of paranoia and delusion mate.

7 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

That’s Old Firm levels of paranoia and delusion mate.

It's not really I agree with k-man. I said to our group during the game that the standard of the officials performance was bordering on cheating. Also told them to watch McInnes and Docherty see how long it took them to start moaning at the 4th official, invading the pitch and generally try to influence the game illegally as much as they could get away with. I thought it might be 4 or 5 minutes, it was actually 36 seconds and they were at the 4th official. Alex never left the technical area even told Donnati several times to calm down when him and Docherty were squaring up. McInnes was on the pitch several times during the game passing written instructions to his players, once in the 26th minute he was told to get back by the 4th official. The lead up to there second goal was a blatant foul right in front of me and the linesman and the 4th official why did neither inform the referee ? They might not have officially been told to let McInnes influence the game by the SFA but they certainly did. We have to start influencing games in this way if we want success because playing by the rules gets you nowhere. If that all sounds bitter it's because I am they are the one club I'm desperate to see us put one over. McInnes is a wretch.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

It's not really I agree with k-man. I said to our group during the game that the standard of the officials performance was bordering on cheating. Also told them to watch McInnes and Docherty see how long it took them to start moaning at the 4th official, invading the pitch and generally try to influence the game illegally as much as they could get away with. I thought it might be 4 or 5 minutes, it was actually 36 seconds and they were at the 4th official. Alex never left the technical area even told Donnati several times to calm down when him and Docherty were squaring up. McInnes was on the pitch several times during the game passing written instructions to his players, once in the 26th minute he was told to get back by the 4th official. The lead up to there second goal was a blatant foul right in front of me and the linesman and the 4th official why did neither inform the referee ? They might not have officially been told to let McInnes influence the game by the SFA but they certainly did. We have to start influencing games in this way if we want success because playing by the rules gets you nowhere. If that all sounds bitter it's because I am they are the one club I'm desperate to see us put one over. McInnes is a wretch.

That’s nonsense, AD was talking to the 4th official throughout the match, AD was in his face a fair few times. Chris Burke had a ongoing argument with the 4th official and the Lino on that side.

To say that Aberdeen we’re guilty of refing the game is just OF levels of paranoia, Walsh is just pish and they know how to play to his s**tness without falling foul.

6 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

That’s nonsense, AD was talking to the 4th official throughout the match, AD was in his face a fair few times. Chris Burke had a ongoing argument with the 4th official and the Lino on that side.

To say that Aberdeen we’re guilty of refing the game is just OF levels of paranoia, Walsh is just pish and they know how to play to his s**tness without falling foul.

If I missed Alex talking to the 4th official I apologise but everything else happened. Why did McInnes spend a large part of the game on the touchline and on occasions on the pitch without being reprimanded ? Or was there LSD in my bovril ?

The referee the other night definitely made some very strange decisions but we only have ourselves to blame for not going to Paisley in the next round though it has stopped the debate on here about who should get one of the 1,600 tickets  and where they had to sit time to move on!

12 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

That is so true. A very uncomfortable fact for the SFA and its almost forgotten.

I haven't forgotten it. They were so competent and calm, never trying to impose their personalities and the players behaved properly throughout their all-too-brief period in Scottish football.It was just like seeing how classes react to different teaching styles. The guy who knows the job inside-out and stays calm will always get a far better response than the one who shouts or, even worse, tries to be down with the kids. It also helped that they had no reputations to live down or up to.