Matthew Kennedy

19 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Grown men wishing injury to a player is embarrassing. He done nothing wrong, it was all a bit of banter. Aye, he’s a hun. But he never has and never will “hate killie” so stop talking pish. He loved his time at killie and would have been an idiot to turn down Everton, get a grip.

Only one person - OP - has wished injury on him that I can see. Everybody else has just basically said he is an obnoxious wee SevCo-loving wank.

2 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

I heard a story that he once said he would rather be watching Rangers than "waste his time" being on the bench at Killie.

This apparently said during a game when he was on the bench at Killie.

Did he not tweet something similar. It think it was him. We were away somewhere on a week night and there was an OF game at the same time and he tweeted about being gutted to miss it. 

3 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Only one person - OP - has wished injury on him that I can see. Everybody else has just basically said he is an obnoxious wee SevCo-loving wank.

So he’s not allowed to be a hun? Like the other 80% of people brought up in Ayrshire. Get a grip mate. He’s celebrated a goal which I believe was his first goal for aberdeen. He’s a sound guy. Only wank is the guy wishing injury on him.

3 hours ago, piffer said:

Did he not tweet something similar. It think it was him. We were away somewhere on a week night and there was an OF game at the same time and he tweeted about being gutted to miss it. 

Aye, away to Inverness I believe. But he was 17 at the time, everyone makes mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

Matty Kennedy feels his move to Everton at just 16 helped turn him into the player he is today, as he revealed the strict measures imposed by Alan Stubbs.

The winger left Kilmarnock at the age of just 16 to join the Premier League side but never made a first team appearance.

Kennedy joined St Johnstone after a series of loan moves away from Goodison Park, and signed for Aberdeen in January.

He told the Dons' official website : "It was a bit mad looking back now, leaving home at 16.

"I still remember my first day down there and my mum dropping me off at my digs. She was devastated that she was leaving her son at that age!

"It was tough at the time but it is just the sacrifice that you have to make.

“There are a lot of good players, who are a similar ability to me but have totally faded away because they stayed at home and went out with their friends and had a lot of distractions. 

"I think it helped me going down there, it kept my two feet very firmly on the ground. It kept me focused, they don’t let being a footballer go to your head, which is sadly what happens to a lot of young players. There are players who were better than me who are no longer in the game.

Sam Cosgrove and Ryan Hedges were at Everton as young players too and like them, I’ve got nothing but praise for their academy. I don’t think you could have a better youth set up. My coaches were David Unsworth, Alan Stubbs and David Weir, all pretty good players!

"They were strict on and off the park. I remember me and a few of the boys at the digs were messing about one night, just at the dinner table, and the landlady was not happy.

"We had a game the next day, so Alan Stubbs dropped us all! That is how strict it was. Little things like that make you grow up a bit quicker but it was just their way of looking after you and trying to make you a better person."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matty-kennedy-recalls-harsh-everton-21662370

He was two months short of his 18th birthday when he joined Everton. 

If he couldn't remember clearly, the Aberdeen website of the Record could have checked.

As for not making a first team appearance, he started five games and was substituted in nine times.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:44 PM, Guff92 said:

So he’s not allowed to be a hun? Like the other 80% of people brought up in Ayrshire. Get a grip mate. He’s celebrated a goal which I believe was his first goal for aberdeen. He’s a sound guy. Only wank is the guy wishing injury on him.

Agreed - we've had plenty of OF fans in our team and still do. Our captain even has a picture of the Billy McNeill tribute when we played them on his Twitter Bio, Dom Thomas has a Tommy Burns Quote and guys like Taylor etc were regulars at Rangers games whilst at Killie.

Players can support whoever they want - there have been very, very few genuine Killie fans in my lifetime who've played for us. Hooky, Holt and Mahood - struggling after that.

I thought he was pretty ordinary any time we played St. Johnstone, but was impressed with him in the Cup and league games. Looked at who was replacing Macdonald in yesterday's reserve game and Walker's Twitter account had posts about Sevco, doesn't bother me in the least as long as they play well for Killie. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed - we've had plenty of OF fans in our team and still do. Our captain even has a picture of the Billy McNeill tribute when we played them on his Twitter Bio, Dom Thomas has a Tommy Burns Quote and guys like Taylor etc were regulars at Rangers games whilst at Killie.

Players can support whoever they want - there have been very, very few genuine Killie fans in my lifetime who've played for us. Hooky, Holt and Mahood - struggling after that.

Exactly. He f**ked up on social media but he was 17 at the time!! I’d have him in our team every week. Sour grapes on here.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:35 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm sure Blair MIllar was and is a big Killie fan. Was a vital player for us as well.