Decision Time

mitch14

8 minutes ago, KTID150 said:

What I’m saying is that AD then took over a group that were probably unhappy, on a poor run and hes revitalised us as a team. 

Alex Dyer was a part of that management team.

You can't pick and choose what matches make up his managerial record. He has a worse record and is lower in the league than his predecessor. 

Last night was absolutely criminal, throwing that lead away twice is shambolic and it doesn't feel any better today than it did at the time. 

I'm not sure what makes Alex Dyer absolutely the man for the job, last wednesday was great but we need to look long term and I'm yet to be convinced that he is the man to take us forward 

Hopefully a stop gap but behind the scenes they need to be preparing for next season asap. 

5 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Seems like you’re clutching at straws. AD’s had more than two years working with the players. How long does it take to say “just try and remember what SC told you to do”? 

Yes. Not as the gaffer tho mate. It appears that we’re not going to agree on this one and I’m not gona go tit for tat all day on it. Only time will tell if he is or isn’t the right man for the job bud.

I'm unsure on Holt in much the same way as I am with Dyer. Last night was on AD without question, but we are playing better and look a better side than we did prior to split.

My concern comes with recruitment as I think there will be a massive rebuilding job in the summer and I'm unsure after the last window if Dyer is the man to bring in real quality.

12 hours ago, skygod said:

I'm not convinced by Dyer. There's a big difference between being a No. 2 and the gaffer. Which reminds me - we should tell the SFA he's unavailable until further notice.

We're still suffering the consequences of the Alessio fiasco. 

It seems ridiculous that we gave Thomas and Waters contract extensions to the end of next season yet they're not deemed good enough to be at the club  now.

There's a big rebuild needed in the summer. Fowler has to be working on that now but we don't know which division we will be in or who the manager will be.

The club needs strong leadership from the boardroom and I don't think that is there.

Likewise I fully agree re Dyer and the Board's leadership.

The rebuild does not fill me with confidence. It seems clear that we struggle to bring players into the Club and this is the whole crux of the matter. Other teams at our level have encouraging results when it comes to signing players and we need to get to the root problem as to why we seem to have been left behind. Now is the time to work out if it is financial, the plastic pitch, the current management team and their longer term future, possible relegation threat or whatever other factors are relevant. At this point we do not seem to be able to attract the type of key players we need.

As another poster said if there any of the youngsters showing promise they surely now must get an opportunity to stake a claim. No point in having youths/reserves if they do not produce first team quality players and that structure has to be looked at closely and if it is failing then hard decisions need to be made as to the coaches and our coaching structure.

Edited by tanerba'Tam
typo

5 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

You can't pick and choose what matches make up his managerial record. He has a worse record and is lower in the league than his predecessor. 

Last night was absolutely criminal, throwing that lead away twice is shambolic and it doesn't feel any better today than it did at the time. 

I'm not sure what makes Alex Dyer absolutely the man for the job, last wednesday was great but we need to look long term and I'm yet to be convinced that he is the man to take us forward 

Hopefully a stop gap but behind the scenes they need to be preparing for next season asap. 

Since the Queens Park game the performances have been has good as they have been all season. Last night it was down to two stupid errors by experienced players that cost us badly.

Could Dyer have changed things differently? Of course he could have. But whether or not they would have changed the outcome of the match, nobody knows. We have definitely been playing more exciting football and SOD has returned to the player he was. If the performances continue the way they are then surely the results will follow. I think top 6 is out of our reach now that we lost to Hibs on Sunday, but if we can finish the pre-split games on a good run and take 9+ points post split I reckon he should be allowed to carry on the job and hopefully get some decent signings in during the summer,

3 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Since the Queens Park game the performances have been has good as they have been all season. Last night it was down to two stupid errors by experienced players that cost us badly.

Could Dyer have changed things differently? Of course he could have. But whether or not they would have changed the outcome of the match, nobody knows. We have definitely been playing more exciting football and SOD has returned to the player he was. If the performances continue the way they are then surely the results will follow. I think top 6 is out of our reach now that we lost to Hibs on Sunday, but if we can finish the pre-split games on a good run and take 9+ points post split I reckon he should be allowed to carry on the job and hopefully get some decent signings in during the summer,

Can't argue with that, it's the getting decent signings in that has blown our season. We are probably going to lose SoD and we can't afford to let Brophy run down his contract, so there are big changes coming at the end of the season to most areas of the team. Recruitment has to be better in the summer or the board may have to get rid of Fowler. Blowing three transfer-windows would put us back to pre-Clarke days and in serious danger of relegation, that would destroy anything that SSC had built. 

46 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

It’s a bit unfair to just go purely on stats to be honest. 

When Dyer took over we were a complete shambles thanks to the previous manager, who as you mentioned, had better stats. 

We are quite clearly a better team since the winter break and are playing the best stuff we have played all season. Yesterday was a s**te result but they happen, we’ll be back. 

27 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

It’s a bit unfair to just go purely on stats to be honest. 

When Dyer took over we were a complete shambles thanks to the previous manager, who as you mentioned, had better stats. 

We are quite clearly a better team since the winter break and are playing the best stuff we have played all season. Yesterday was a s**te result but they happen, we’ll be back. 

The stats also hide that we were every bit as good as then high flying Motherwell - it's not Dyers fault that he was left with Branescu to lose us that one... And we couldn't have done much more v Hibs either. 

I don't think he's "absolutely the man" but I do think we have improved massively in performance terms. We actually played better for most of the ninety last night than we did under Clarke v Aberdeen. There seems to me to be a clear system and plan in most games. 

Totally agree with the longer term worry as to whether he is a manager more than a coach - but we could certainly do a lot worse and, barring catastrophe, I don't see the board getting rid. If that's the case, then they would be as well giving it to him now. 

7 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

I think we need to wait to the split before we make any decisions. Lets see if Dyer can get us top six. If so then on the balance of it I would give him the gig.

Our chance of a top six finish disappeared against Hibs. We need to decide now, what is an acceptable position for us to finish. 

Seasons over, we aren't making top 6 and we need a few more wins to not get dragged into a playoff battle (I dont think we will) so we should be looking at next season already, especially behind the scenes.

Positivies for Dyer - we are playing alot better and creating plenty of chances which is a great sign / he gets players wanting to play for him which has been evident since he got the gig / Bamba is a good signing

Last night was on the players, the lack of awareness to waste time, kill the game in both the 90 & Extra Time is criminal from professional footballers, yes Dyer could have made subs sooner but we got ourselves twice in position to win the game with minutes left, and the players couldnt hold it together. Accies would have won both the 90 and ET last night with there tactics. Getting the ball back at 3-3 we should have passed it back to Larry, passed it about the back and at least got penalties.

To summarise I think I'd give the gig to Dyer, announce it now and get ready for next season, we can't afford to have a summer like last where we basically killed our season in those months

St Johnstone away was among our most inept performances this season. Aberdeen away in the cup was probably our most negative. Last night was definitely our most tactically naive. We played well against rangers and Hearts, but I’m not sure if these games just papered over the cracks or are a sign of genuine improvement. 

Holt pre contract.

Get it tied up early doors and move forward. 

Last night was absolute peak pre Steve Clarke mentality. Losing that game after having to see out about 4 mins and conceding is unforgivable. I’d have been going through the players if I was Dyer and I would be looking at my substitutions also. Bunn is a waste of wage along with Hendrie, St Clair and a few others. We are still short 2/3 bodies bringing on Millen and Johnson was in my opinion an invitation for Aberdeen to come have a go and they have done twice and won. 

4 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Holt pre contract.

Get it tied up early doors and move forward. 

Last night was absolute peak pre Steve Clarke mentality. Losing that game after having to see out about 4 mins and conceding is unforgivable. I’d have been going through the players if I was Dyer and I would be looking at my substitutions also. Bunn is a waste of wage along with Hendrie, St Clair and a few others. We are still short 2/3 bodies bringing on Millen and Johnson was in my opinion an invitation for Aberdeen to come have a go and they have done twice and won. 

His subs can be questioned but we still found ourselves in winning positions two times. I think we are suffering from the shambolic summer transfer policy and general mess up. Of those Bunn you would hang on Dyer, the rest/lack of depth falls on Angelo/Board

Dyers post match comments sum up last night perfectly, this one was on the players:

"They are not kids out there. They are experienced players who have been in this situation before and they should know how to see out the game."

2 minutes ago, Dan1el said:

His subs can be questioned but we still found ourselves in winning positions two times. I think we are suffering from the shambolic summer transfer policy and general mess up. Of those Bunn you would hang on Dyer, the rest/lack of depth falls on Angelo/Board

Dyers post match comments sum up last night perfectly, this one was on the players:

"They are not kids out there. They are experienced players who have been in this situation before and they should know how to see out the game."

Dyer brought on Johnson whos most inexperienced player in our squad to sure up the defence when we had Del Fabro whos our starting centre half on loan from Juventus there.

Bunn will probably be on decent money and he’s the new Dapo Kayode. Winning positions that’s great but when you self destruct it’s criminal. Findlay has to stand up and no dive in but is almost forced to by Niko being so f**king passive and letting guy get to by line. We then don’t win the first header in our own six yard box and the ball comes across and instead of putting it out for a corner or header it wide Connor Johnson tries to eat it. Both horrendous mistakes of judgement due to losing the first ball in box and allowing player to pass him.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

"seemed"?

Does that mean you weren't there?

We had about the same crowd as St Mirren and Motherwell combined and Motherwell are 3rd and admission was a good bit cheaper.

Aye but how many less Killie fans were there than the game 2 years ago ? I still say that Conahs quay s**t show has a lot to do with many folk not coming to bigger games