Decision Time

mitch14

2 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

Aye but how many less Killie fans were there than the game 2 years ago ? I still say that Conahs quay s**t show has a lot to do with many folk not coming to bigger games 

CQN really was unforgivable. A ground full of people supporting Killie. Many of them possibly never been inside RP before. Playing a team of amateurs. Eff me a nils all draw would have taken us through. Naw, I cannot accept any mitigation for the damage done to the teams profile in the community that night. 

As for getting gubbed out the cup by Smary Face and his team who could at best be described as "agricultural", well s**t happens. Mistakes were made, Our manager lacked experience and our squad was thin. One of those will fix itself and I hope to hell Dyer fixes the other too.   

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

The CQN game really did scunner me for the season, I was gutted to be honest. Really wanted a wee turnnto Serbia, and the place would have been rocking when they came to RP. Sums up the season all in all really 

I'll never forget how buzzing I was booking up that trip, must have been 50/60 of our lot booked up. Planes, trains and automobiles. Then the sheer sick feeling walking out the ground that night knowing we'd blown the chance to see Killie play a team like Partizan Belgrade away from home in Europe.

It would have been the biggest Killie support ever outside Britain/Ireland and we made a rip roaring arse of it.

41 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll never forget how buzzing I was booking up that trip, must have been 50/60 of our lot booked up. Planes, trains and automobiles. Then the sheer sick feeling walking out the ground that night knowing we'd blown the chance to see Killie play a team like Partizan Belgrade away from home in Europe.

It would have been the biggest Killie support ever outside Britain/Ireland and we made a rip roaring arse of it.

I'm still not over it. Heart sinks every time I think about it, by far the most gutted and angry I've ever been as a Killie fan. 

I wasnt convinced by the initial move of give it to AD until the end of the season.However,what is clear from the last 5 or 6 matches is that these players are busting a gut to play for him,which suggests that they have bought into his plans  I feel for him as he has been massively let down by the board during the transfer window.For any top League side to operate without a forward on the bench is incredible.

As to the naivity of bringing on Johnson,again the same move worked against Rangers Also he probably felt rightly that a taller CH in Johnson than Del Fabro was the right move against a physical side like Aberdeen.Had we got through 2 minutes last night everything would look different.

After Celtic we have a winnable run of games coming up which could still see us make top 6.The managerial decision has to be made after the last pre-split game.

Keep harping on about Motherwell but the same model of working on pre contracts in April/May is a must.The board have to seriously step up to the plate now.1 shambolic transfer window was bad,2 was ridiculous,but 3 in a row?

At the moment the board have made a roaring hunt of the last 2 appointments in the way they have dithered and delayed.It simply cant happen again.Either it is AD as soon as the split is reached,or someone else is brought in then,not deep into the summer 

Edited by Jedi2

9 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Give it a rest. I’m not saying we will finish in the top 6 but to make out we have no chance is ridiculous. 

So you’ve went from “hyperbolic nonsense” to “I’m not saying we will make it” on my statement that we won’t make top six. If you had even the slightest bit of confidence in this team or the manager having enough about them to make top six, you would’ve stood your ground. 

Just now, Zorro said:

So you’ve went from “hyperbolic nonsense” to “I’m not saying we will make it” on my statement that we won’t make top six. If you had even the slightest bit of confidence in this team or the manager having enough about them to make top six, you would’ve stood your ground. 

Why you finding this so hard to understand? You just love an argument. 

There is no way anyone can say for certain that we have no chance of making the top six considering we are 4 points off it currently. That’s the point I’m making. 

I stand by the statement that you are being a dramatic wee lassie  

4 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Why you finding this so hard to understand? You just love an argument. 

There is no way anyone can say for certain that we have no chance of making the top six considering we are 4 points off it currently. That’s the point I’m making. 

I stand by the statement that you are being a dramatic wee lassie  

Saying “that’s hyperbolic nonsense” when  “I disagree”, would’ve done, is textbook argumentative behaviour. Now you look like one of those yappy wee dugs, whose balls shrink and they slink off with their tail between their legs when the big dog barks back. 

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

None but I don’t think he cares much. Clearly doesn’t fancy being his own man.

What makes you think he doesn’t care? 

think that’s a very inaccurate assessment. 

He deserves til the end of the season to show what he’s got, there’s been a definite improvement since he took over. Last night was a sickener but the feel good factor had returned around the club. 

and Holts name wouldn’t even be mentioned if he wasn’t a club legend. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Saying “that’s hyperbolic nonsense” when  “I disagree”, would’ve done, is textbook argumentative behaviour. Now you look like one of those yappy wee dugs, whose balls shrink and they slink off with their tail between their legs when the big dog barks back. 

Together we are stronger, sometimes it needs to be remembered.

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Right sound big dog. We will finish top 6, there ye go.