Alessio’s signings.

Killieboykfc

I know opinion is pretty split amongst our support on here about AA but Jesus Christ his signings were absolutely chronic. 

The fact we have folk like St Clair and Hendrie just taking a wage and doing nothing whilst we desperately need extra wide players and a left back to challenge Niko (another honking signing) shows just how poor his recruitment was. 

His rotten transfer window and the failure to strengthen in January has really cost us tonight.  

I thought El Makrini played well tonight in a very unfamiliar role.

Hamalainen is no Greg Taylor but did anyone think we'd get anyone of anything like that quality? We've had FAR worse full-backs in recent years.

Branescu gets too much hate and wasn't at fault for any of the goals tonight and Del Fabro has been quality.

Koprivec is s**te, and honestly I forgot we had St Clair so they are definitely poor signing.

Hendrie, Sow and Jackson don't really strike me as Alessio signings, more as guys who are known to our scouts and the club and were available for free.

So overall a mixed bag I'd say, and probably reflective of the fact we appointed a guy with no experience of the Scottish game or making signings (Italian clubs always have a sporting director).

Live and learn.

El Makrini, pass marks. 

Del Fabro, outstanding.

Niko, pass marks.

Branescu, pass marks.

3 outfield that have featured the most and for the most part they’ve performed well. Del Fabro is incredibly consistent and would be an ideal singing long term to begin our rebuild. Niko’s form certainly varies but he’s been very good overall in his game. El Makrini has popped up with a few goals this season, assists, and is an excellent system player in the side. Branescu takes more too much flak for me, he’s saved us multiple times and was part of our impressive clean sheet run. Others are/were (as some have departed) clearly just a case of agents calling up and offering players. See Sow, Jackson and Hendrie.

Don’t agree with the sentiment that Alessio’s signings are the issue. And if this were the case, why weren’t replacements sought out and brought in?

Was a baffling summer window in so many ways and January was not that much better in terms of doing what was required

Did wonder at the time if El Mak had already been lined up to join us before AA came in.....but in any case he and DDF have at least made a positive contribution whilst at our club ......Niko has been ok.....others in the most part been proved to be very disappointing ......the fact that St Clair as a loan player is still around is very very strange ...for all parties ....his parent club , the player and for us 

Edited by Scouser2

9 minutes ago, jh2633 said:

El Makrini, pass marks. 

Del Fabro, outstanding.

Niko, pass marks.

Branescu, pass marks.

3 outfield that have featured the most and for the most part they’ve performed well. Del Fabro is incredibly consistent and would be an ideal singing long term to begin our rebuild. Niko’s form certainly varies but he’s been very good overall in his game. El Makrini has popped up with a few goals this season, assists, and is an excellent system player in the side. Branescu takes more too much flak for me, he’s saved us multiple times and was part of our impressive clean sheet run. Others are/were (as some have departed) clearly just a case of agents calling up and offering players. See Sow, Jackson and Hendrie.

Don’t agree with the sentiment that Alessio’s signings are the issue. And if this were the case, why weren’t replacements sought out and brought in?

I wish I knew, because they should have been. 

Dumb and Dumber in nets are two of the biggest jobbers I’ve ever seen play in goals for us. Genuinely terrible goalkeepers. 

For every one good game Niko has, he then has 5 absolute s**tters and the same goes for El Makrini. 

Del Fabro is quite rash I think at times but I actually quite like him paired with Findlay and would love to see him here permanently. 

The rest of his signings aren’t even worth mentioning they have been that ineffective. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

Also see the agent chat, why do folk sort of excuse those players that are apparently agent suggestions? 

He could have easily said no to the agents and not signed utter s**te like Sow, Jackson etc but he decided to sign them. 

If it was someone like Gary Locke in charge signing haddies off the recommendation of agents he would have got absolute pelters so it’s always been a bit odd to me as to why so many folk defended AA when he done this. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

6 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

I know opinion is pretty split amongst our support on here about AA but Jesus Christ his signings were absolutely chronic. 

The fact we have folk like St Clair and Hendrie just taking a wage and doing nothing whilst we desperately need extra wide players and a left back to challenge Niko (another honking signing) shows just how poor his recruitment was. 

His rotten transfer window and the failure to strengthen in January has really cost us tonight.  

It's also due to (dare I say it) a lack of long-term signings during Steve Clarke's time in charge. 

Our recent success (in terms of player recruitment) has almost entirely been down to one good summer transfer window under Lee McCulloch. 

Edited by fraz65

Del Fabro has been a success IMO. Certainly one I’d look to get on board long term if possible
Hamalainen can be hit and miss. Has his good games and bad. Nowhere near the consistency of Taylor though. 
El Makrini is a decent player but he’s very much a square peg in a round hole for us. He does a job but does not offer the attacking intent we crave for the player in there alongside Power and Dicker.

The rest I’m not overly fussed with. Both keepers have a mistake in them with Branescu being a bit more reliable. Hendrie has contributed nothing and neither has St Clair. Sow and Jackson were panic signings who offered little. 

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

It's also due to (dare I say it) a lack of long-term signings during Steve Clarke's time in charge. 

Our recent success (in terms of player recruitment) has almost entirely been down to one good summer transfer window under Lee McCulloch. 

SOD 

Power 

Brophy

Had a hand in Dicker signing too. 

McCulloch certainly had an eye for a player. 

5 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Alessio would have saw that game through last night. 

Saw a couple of people say that. Not sure how Alessio can prevent our star defender getting a rush of blood to the head and doing something utterly ridiculous, or Makrini sliding on the wet surface and giving away a free kick. 

I was an Alessio fan btw and absolutely against his sacking. 

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

11 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Also see the agent chat, why do folk sort of excuse those players that are apparently agent suggestions? 

He could have easily said no to the agents and not signed utter s**te like Sow, Jackson etc but he decided to sign them. 

If it was someone like Gary Locke in charge signing haddies off the recommendation of agents he would have got absolute pelters so it’s always been a bit odd to me as to why so many folk defended AA when he done this. 

Not excusing it away due to agents offering players up but sometimes it’s all a club like Kilmarnock will have. A poor summer from the board in terms on getting a new manager in led to a stunted recruitment process. If we needed bodies in the door in the last 24/48 hours on the window we’re no longer in a position to be picky, and that is/was not the manager’s fault at that stage. We don’t have an extensive scouting network, or any scouting apparatus really so unconventional methods need to be sought out for player recruitment. Eremenko being the prime example. 

17 minutes ago, jh2633 said:

Not excusing it away due to agents offering players up but sometimes it’s all a club like Kilmarnock will have. A poor summer from the board in terms on getting a new manager in led to a stunted recruitment process. If we needed bodies in the door in the last 24/48 hours on the window we’re no longer in a position to be picky, and that is/was not the manager’s fault at that stage. We don’t have an extensive scouting network, or any scouting apparatus really so unconventional methods need to be sought out for player recruitment. Eremenko being the prime example. 

He had plenty of time to get players in but made an arse of it. We took a bunch of trialists to Spain and every one of them was an agent recommended player. We had a scout recommend him players and he wasn’t interested, he preferred to just go off the agent tips. 

I’ve never seen a manager get such an easy ride for making such an arse of a transfer window than AA. Seems to be everyone else’s fault but his. 

9 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

He would have lost to Queens Park, despite having us sitting 5th in the Premier League and comfortably having beaten other SPL sides during his reign, where's your logic behind this? 

Don’t buy the statement he would have lost to QP but I don’t think we would have scored 6 goals. 

Also don’t get your logic though that we would have been in front to win that game last night under him when we couldn’t beat a dreadful hibs side in our last cup final under him.  He was ridiculously defensive and it cost us in several games. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

12 minutes ago, Alan Gilmour said:

branescu is guilty of been caught on his heels too much, their 1st, 2nd and 3rd lastnight he could of done more. stands there watching the ball come into the box for the first and doesnt move until contact has been made. hopeless goalkeeping this season 

Aberdeen’s first was 100% Niko’s fault. Nobody else’s. 

Edited by Zorro