Alessio’s signings.

Killieboykfc

On 2/20/2020 at 12:40 AM, Killieboykfc said:

I wish I knew, because they should have been. 

Dumb and Dumber in nets are two of the biggest jobbers I’ve ever seen play in goals for us. Genuinely terrible goalkeepers. 

For every one good game Niko has, he then has 5 absolute s**tters and the same goes for El Makrini. 

Del Fabro is quite rash I think at times but I actually quite like him paired with Findlay and would love to see him here permanently. 

The rest of his signings aren’t even worth mentioning they have been that ineffective. 

Extremely negative although you are entitled to your opinion.

El Makrini for me has been better than Tsihbola was, in my opinion.

Del Fabro I think has been superb.

Branescu kept plenty of clean sheets which fair enough were down to tactics but he still kept them. Don’t think he was brought in as the number one goalkeeper but I would suggest Jamie was actively looking for a move. Jamie never seemed happy here. 

Nico has been ok and fans have short memories. Back in October/November time when we went 3rd we were all saying we didn’t miss GT.

Strikers he signed were s**te/anonymous I won’t argue with that.

As for the squad players - we needed numbers in drastically. It was going to take a major dip in form for the following players to be dropped from the starting 11 that AA inherited:

SOD, Findlay, Rory, Power, Dicker, Burke, Brophy.

Thats 7/11 who were almost guaranteed to start most weeks all season long. Add that to the goalkeeper situation, Nico for GT and Del Fabro being the biggest success of all his signings and that’s 10 positions pretty much filled so little opportunity for us to see anything of the squad players.

7 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

Nico has been ok and fans have short memories. Back in October/November time when we went 3rd we were all saying we didn’t miss GT.

Anyone who typed or uttered those words should be sectioned. He had a decent game against Aberdeen in the 0-0 game and a very good game when we beat Rangers 2-1. Every other game he played if he wasn't diabolical he was completely average.

Always astounded me to hear folk speak so highly of him, I suppose it was said out of complete desperation that we wouldn't miss the best full back we've had at the club in past 30 odd years.

10 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Anyone who typed or uttered those words should be sectioned. He had a decent game against Aberdeen in the 0-0 game and a very good game when we beat Rangers 2-1. Every other game he played if he wasn't diabolical he was completely average.

Always astounded me to hear folk speak so highly of him, I suppose it was said out of complete desperation that we wouldn't miss the best full back we've had at the club in past 30 odd years.

Or perhaps you dont know what you're talking about.

Niko has been fine. Needs a rest but unfortunately hendrie is hopeless.

43 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I would agree that GT was a very good player for us and got the club a sizeable transfer fee ( allegedly) but we have had some outstanding full backs in the last 30 years as well Gus McPherson  and Tom Black to name but two.

37 minutes ago, Bbk said:

I would agree that GT was a very good player for us and got the club a sizeable transfer fee ( allegedly) but we have had some outstanding full backs in the last 30 years as well Gus McPherson  and Tom Black to name but two.

I just think the wee fella was a cut above the rest. I loved Hay, I even thought Baker was very underrated by our support, but wee Greg was sensational. In fact me and the boy were talking about our Killie dream team and last seasons back four was my favourite since I can remember. IMO better than the McGowen, Dindeleux (had his name on all my strips growing up) days.

22 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Saw a couple of people say that. Not sure how Alessio can prevent our star defender getting a rush of blood to the head and doing something utterly ridiculous, or Makrini sliding on the wet surface and giving away a free kick. 

I was an Alessio fan btw and absolutely against his sacking. 

Bringing on Johnston was a totally stupid decision by Dyer. 
Why disrupte the back four? and if he was going to do that DDF should have been the one coming on. Can not fathom that one at all. 
while we are on the topic Kiltie should have been on for El Mak 15-20 minutes earlier. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Bringing on Johnston was a totally stupid decision by Dyer. 
Why disrupte the back four? and if he was going to do that DDF should have been the one coming on. Can not fathom that one at all. 
while we are on the topic Kiltie should have been on for El Mak 15-20 minutes earlier. 

He should've put someone in midfield to clog that area up, ratherthan in the backline.

7 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Ok, while we talk of disrupting the back 4 at a late stage of a game, can we talk about disrupting the back 4 at home to Rangers a week earlier with the same changes?

Can we talk about Clarke bringing off Jones for Findlay at the same stage whilst 1-0 up at home to Celtic? 

Clarke bringing on Broadfoot for Brophy at home to Rangers on the 89th minute whilst 2-1 up? 

Or what about Alessio bringing on Bruce for Millar at Tynecastle early in the season when 1 up? 

Or even Jurgen Klopp, one of the best managers around, bringing on a centre half to replace a striker with 3 minutes to go of a champions league final? 

This argument of bringing on a defender to replace a striker late in a game somehow unsettling a defence is a bizarre one, as if it's not routine in every football league and tournament in the world. 

Arguments to suggest DDF instead of Johnson or earlier changes are fair ones, but I can't get my head around the unsettling of defences thing at all. 

These games are all different. The subs look the same on paper but that’s not always the case. You manage each game as it plays out. Defender for striker is always the best idea to shore things up. 

Compare it to Rangers last week. They were firing balls in from deep that our defence could attack. They didn’t have natural width beyond the fullbacks. Aberdeen was completely different. They had two fullbacks bombing on and two wide men in McGinn and Kennedy. They were hitting the line every time.

IMO an extra body pressing in midfield forces them to play further up the park. I don’t think Johnson coming on upset the back four as such it was perhaps just the wrong sub. Unfortunately looking at the bench he and Del Fabro were the only realistic options with no alternative in midfield except an untried youngster.

We seem to be very reactive in our transfer dealings. “We’re not scoring enough, let’s find a striker ”, “our keeper has chucked in a few, let’s find a goalie”. We then end up scrambling about looking for something at the last minute. 

There doesn’t appear to be any plan or structure to what we’re trying to achieve. In the summer we brought El Mak in when that area was probably our strongest. Broadfoot back in January to replace Bruce. So we end up with four CB’s and virtually no cover for the fullbacks. Have we been looking at right backs to replace SOD in the summer? Have we identified the creative midfielder we’ve been crying out for, for god knows how many years? Surely we have a shortlist of keepers or someone to provide backup to Burke (assuming we actually get around to offering him a contract)picked out? A backup striker who’ll chip in a few goals? I wish I had confidence we did, but it seems more likely we’ll wait until the transfer window is about to close and see what’s left in the bargain bin. 

27 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Ok, while we talk of disrupting the back 4 at a late stage of a game, can we talk about disrupting the back 4 at home to Rangers a week earlier with the same changes?

Can we talk about Clarke bringing off Jones for Findlay at the same stage whilst 1-0 up at home to Celtic? 

Clarke bringing on Broadfoot for Brophy at home to Rangers on the 89th minute whilst 2-1 up? 

Or what about Alessio bringing on Bruce for Millar at Tynecastle early in the season when 1 up? 

Or even Jurgen Klopp, one of the best managers around, bringing on a centre half to replace a striker with 3 minutes to go of a champions league final? 

This argument of bringing on a defender to replace a striker late in a game somehow unsettling a defence is a bizarre one, as if it's not routine in every football league and tournament in the world. 

Arguments to suggest DDF instead of Johnson or earlier changes are fair ones, but I can't get my head around the unsettling of defences thing at all. 

It's the same as when people argue that 2 strikers is more 'attacking' than 1. One of those things that rarely gets challenged, but doesn't actually make any real sense.

Regarding bringing Johnson on its very easy after the game to manage it retrospectively.  If AD had brought a midfielder on and the same result happened we would be asking why it wasn't a CB.  If DDF had scored the OG some would've asked why Johnson wasn't given a chance.

At the end of the day the players have let AD down, AD should've been able to bring on me and bute-killiefan with a couple of mins to go to add to the 9 professionals on the park already and expected us to see the job through.

21 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I just think the wee fella was a cut above the rest. I loved Hay, I even thought Baker was very underrated by our support, but wee Greg was sensational. In fact me and the boy were talking about our Killie dream team and last seasons back four was my favourite since I can remember. IMO better than the McGowen, Dindeleux (had his name on all my strips growing up) days.

Spot on! Although you missed an old fav - Dylan Kerr!

20 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Well said. There are times when a change undoubtedly does unsettle things. Seem to remember big Miles Addison coming on and throwing away a lead for us in another Aberdeen game. But the principle of defender for striker is sound. It just isn’t guaranteed to work every time unfortunately.  

20 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

He took off a penalty taker and the guy that came on scored an own goal that lost the game. Those are the facts. 
We sat far too deep in the second half and Dyer didn’t make changes to get us out of the last third until it was too late. McInnes changed things totally at half time and we didn’t react. Poor management and poor decisions from an inexperienced manager. 

On 2/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, Bullitt said:

Always astounded me to hear folk speak so highly of him, I suppose it was said out of complete desperation that we wouldn't miss the best full back we've had at the club in past 30 odd