Keepers

Night hawk

Folk on this forum love going backwards! 

We had two keepers come in and make McDonald look very average. Yes the current two are not great at all but I'd rather persist with them than go back the way. McDonald isn't good enough for us the same as the two we've had this season aren't. I'd expect a couple of keepers in during summer.

McDonald at his peak was barely top league standard. He’s clearly past his peak now. 

I don’t think Brancescu is as bad as many others do, but there is better out there.   The No.1 position will be one of many that needs to be on the recruitment list in the summer. 

None of our existing keepers are standouts.

Koprivec is contracted though and therefore ‘our’ keeper - I think his distribution is better than Branescu too, flatter more direct kicking as opposed to big hoofs.

Would rather we element with him than Larry, but very little in it for me

Edited by dasboag

4 hours ago, dasboag said:

Koprivec is contracted though and therefore ‘our’ keeper - I think his distribution is better than Branescu too, flatter more direct kicking as opposed to big hoofs.

Koprivec is absolutely woeful. 

Both he and Branescu will be gone in the summer so I'm not sure what the relevance of him being under contract is. 

9 hours ago, killie1961 said:

Marciano from Hibs would do

There are better back up keepers in the league than we have starting  at present.

Cerny and Bogdan to name two.

Would love to be able to scoop up Hladky from st Mirren but he'll have some good offers I imagine.

Edited by red_dug

10 hours ago, Crocket said:

Folk on this forum love going backwards! 

We had two keepers come in and make McDonald look very average. Yes the current two are not great at all but I'd rather persist with them than go back the way. McDonald isn't good enough for us the same as the two we've had this season aren't. I'd expect a couple of keepers in during summer.

Why wait till summer? The H.O.F.O. should have made this a priority as Alessios 2 keepers are costing us goals in most games. McDonald never cost us goals as often as the 2 we have now.

Edited by georgekillie

11 hours ago, dasboag said:

All the keepers are out of contract at the end of the season so whether they're a loan or not isn't terribly relevant. We have as much chance of extending Larry as we do Koprivec and Branescu is by a fair distance the best goalie at the club. Lyle is probably the only goalie of the 5 likely to be here next season but from what little I've seen of him I don't see him troubling the first team. 

10 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Jamie Mac might yet go through a game for us by coming off his line. Might. Would rather the current two donkeys than him

Yes, it’s great the way they come off their line and get nowhere near the ball. They are both garbage. MacDonald made nowhere near the number of mistakes that they do. Total liabilities and we need to get rid of both of them this summer. 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

Yes, it’s great the way they come off their line and get nowhere near the ball. They are both garbage. MacDonald made nowhere near the number of mistakes that they do. Total liabilities and we need to get rid of both of them this summer. 

Go back and watch the string of mistakes that led to him being dropped last season. If that's not enough for you then go back and watch him v CQN. I'd go as far as to say he was the main reason we went out of Europe. He was embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I'd go as far as to say he was the main reason we went out of Europe. He was embarrassing. 

If that’s what you think I suggest you go back and watch the games yourself so can see the missed chances and the calamitous defending. If you are blaming Macdonald for our European exit then your bias against him is blinding you. 

53 minutes ago, Night hawk said:

McDonald's best days prob behind him but for a few seasons he was outstanding for us when we had a lot of dross in front of him. Mackay looked good when he came on as sub v rangers last game of last season but nobody seems to know where he is or what's wrong with him? 

Only Z would suggest MacDonald wasn't superb for is over a few seasons.  MacKay seems to be made of chocolate, maybe his body was growing too fast and he wasnt physically able to do what professional football demands, hopefully it will get there but there must be some considerable doubt over his long term fitness.