celtic away, Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Did Ian Wilson not request a loan move to get regular game time as he would have been well down the pecking order with us rather than the club wanting rid? I’m sure AD would have preferred him as an option.

Club should have made sure we had someone in the door before we let him leave. 

2 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Did Ian Wilson not request a loan move to get regular game time as he would have been well down the pecking order with us rather than the club wanting rid? I’m sure AD would have preferred him as an option.

Yes and we could have said no until we had at least some cover in.

Same with left back, we got an un droppable left back that's costing us goals on a weekly basis.

24 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Did anybody notice what appeared to be a handball by a Celtic player at a corner before the Brophy penalty ? Doesn't appear on the Sportscene highlights but is on the SPFL YouTube highlights near the beginning. 

I'm sure it was given the full slo-mo, zoom analysis on Sportscene.

And yes, it was handball.

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yes and we could have said no until we had at least some cover in.

Same with left back, we got an un droppable left back that's costing us goals on a weekly basis.

For what it’s worth I reckon Niko’s due a bit of slack. I thought he was excellent against Aberdeen. And he’s constantly playing in a set up with no natural left midfielder supporting him out there. Watch how many time he’s stuck out on the left picking up 2 players and has to wait for a midfielder to get across. 

This also adds to the Mckenzie debate. No doubt he’s full of running and is a useful player...but where does he really fit in? Because playing Mckenzie as the left side equivalent to Burke doesn’t work. Burke hugs the touch line all game. Mckenzie drifts into a more natural central position, as does Makrini, and as a result leaves Niko isolated.  The team is imbalanced as a 4-4-2 if you don’t play 2 out and out wingers.

You could easily argue our central 3 were to blame for celtics first 2 goals and the third wasn’t helped by Burke (I think) who was ball watching and was late tracking the runner.  I reckon Niko could be great but needs a bit of support / guidance.