We are Killie - Alan Power

Mclean07

I need to listen again as it appeared to be seriously edited or I missed something.

At the end they said it had been great insight to him and Dicker ????

No sure if I missed a chunk of it was out walking.

Agree there was too much gimmicks not enough Power.

Edited by Andy

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply in detail, Gav.

The podcasts generally have been great, as far as I’m concerned. A good addition to the club’s media output and I appreciate the work which must go into them. 

Personally, I enjoy the quiz and Spotify roulette for a laugh. 

I just thought the addition of the sound effects to the AP one was a big faux-pas. 

57 minutes ago, Gavin Wallace said:

A bit harsh lol it’s how I normally speak.

Anyway...

I’ll get pulled in by Scott for this ( as well as my old man) but I’d like to say my piece on this...

I’ve been asked for my thoughts on the criticism and if I’m being honest, yes, I think it’s a bit harsh but the industry is full of opinions and we can’t please everyone. I’m fine with that. 

I and we take on board all criticism towards us, me and the podcast as well as what we do on a match day on the tannoy as well as Killie TV. Sometimes it’s hard not to take some of it personally, especially when we all put in the effort which, usually means working a lot later then we should. These are the things fans don’t see, Scott and Neil work incredibly hard and are often at their desks late in to the evening. Hats off to them. 

Now to this episode...

On the subjects of the sound effects, yes I understand what’s being said, however I think we used about 3 if you’re lucky. I get though, that it’s not everyone’s taste. They were put in to enhance and help with the Alan “Power Rankings” fun feature. I make no apologies for adding in what I think might add value to the podcast and make if it a bit more fun and relaxed when compared to other official club podcasts / content. We want to make it fun for all and show the lighter and human side of the players as well as having them speak out on things inside the club. 

All the podcasts are edited by me which takes around 4 hours to complete, which has to be done in the one hit, by the time I listen to the raw audio again and then edit out the “guff” as I call it. That’s the dead air, bits where we talk about the running order and the naughty words! I’m sure I could do half an hour of just bad words!! 

We want it to be fun, informative and light hearted. Something you can listen to on the move, in the car, in bed or making the dinner and not something totally serious. That’s why we have Spotify Roulette and The Podcast Pub Quiz. It shows the side to these players that you don’t see on the pitch. They are all human like the rest of us. Please be rest assured we edit out very, very little. The players share their stories, we just steer them in to it. I promise it’s not heavily edited, like it has been suggested. I’m a die-hard Killie fan like the rest of us and want people to hear these stories. We certainly don’t cut anyone off. 

I hope you don’t mind me commenting with my take on what you folks have been saying but please, before you say something like its “s**te” or “cheesy” remember that this is aimed at a very large demographic and won’t always suit all tastes all of the time. 

The feedback as a whole has been amazing for the podcast and please continue to fire it on here or below the posts on social media. Good or bad. 

We are doing a lot more than a lot of other clubs who have a lot more staff than we do.

Onwards and upwards because together...WE ARE KILLIE!!!

Cheers, 

Gav 

Their is nothing wrong with it, it allows us to look at players, not just as football players but humans too. People are negative about everything on here, but you don't hear the positives of it. Keep up the good work!

Can’t really fault any of the podcast episodes. There was a bit of a buzz in the background of the AP one but that’s my only complaint. 

If anything I wish some were longer, like the Findlay episode, because I enjoy listening to them. 

Good work @Gavin Wallace, it is appreciated. 

Edited by Killieboykfc