Is Top Six still on ?

zinger

Could see Livi picking up 4 points from their 2 games v Hearts and Aberdeen, which would put them on 42. We would need 3 wins from 5 (including against them) plus a point in the other 2 to get to 43.

Meanwhile St.Johnstone looking at that list could win against St.Mirren, Livi and Hamilton giving them a possible 9 and putting them on 41.

All 'ifs/ buts/ and maybes' clearly, but we are still in this....even if we lose to Aberdeen again, we could still do it by winning against Accies, St.Mirren, and Livi and getting a point at Fir Park.

Edited by Jedi2

I think it’s unlikely, but possible.

We need to get something out of the Aberdeen game, then probably need 9 points out of the next 4 games, including beating Livi.  It would be our best patch of form of the season at a time where our skinny squad might be tiring.

Defeat against Aberdeen and our season is over.  

On 2/24/2020 at 10:41 AM, The Hunter said:

Definitely is. Our form (if we can eradicate some of the silly mistakes), is as good anyone’s at the moment (tic apart). We really need to get that Aberdeen monkey off our backs next time out. If we can win that game, we’re set up nicely for winnable games. 

I’d love an explanation on why this comment has been downvoted?!

Unlikely but still a very outside chance if everything went our way. Being Mr Pessimistic I just want to see us safe from relegation/playoff. It is still a concern that a team which had lost seven on the spin just four weeks ago could easily revert to type, especially with suspensions/injuries exposing the threadbare nature of our squad.

5 hours ago, The Hunter said:

I’d love an explanation on why this comment has been downvoted?!

Who cares? It's imaginary red numbers on your screen. Take the message that some people disagree with you, but don't want to comment on it. Plenty other things to spend your time on than worry about this.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:00 PM, Mojike and Bod said:

Poor decisions and poor recruitment culminating in a lack of squad depth will see us miss out on top 6.  Unfortunately we are not a top 6 side this season.  I will be genuinely amazed if we now finish in the top 6.  Season has pretty much been a write off with some disastrous cup exits. 

A lot of mistakes made and learning required by the board ahead of next season.  Similar recruitment in the summer will probably see us relegated next season if we don't get our act together.

To follow on from this if we do not make top 6 do we continue with AD and JF as our recruitment team or change it straight after split to give new recruitment team time to assess the market for next season.

4 minutes ago, georgekillie said:

To follow on from this if we do not make top 6 do we continue with AD and JF as our recruitment team or change it straight after split to give new recruitment team time to assess the market for next season.

I don’t think changing a Head of Football Operations, responsible for reviewing every aspect of club from top to bottom, after four months, makes any sense whatsoever.

James Fowler is not Chief Scout so getting rid of him on back of one transfer window, a month in the door, would be crazy.

The summer window is the big one, mess up again and we may have to reconsider. If Bowie is going to turn to James Fowler for footballing decisions, who is he going to turn to if JF isn't getting the job done ? BB was on easy street before because he had an experienced manager who probably took all the footballing decisions, the only question BB had to answer was whether we had the budget to pay the players that SSC brought in. 

11 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I don’t think changing a Head of Football Operations, responsible for reviewing every aspect of club from top to bottom, after four months, makes any sense whatsoever.

James Fowler is not Chief Scout so getting rid of him on back of one transfer window, a month in the door, would be crazy.

Agreed stability is what's required give the man time to put his plan / vision in place. We got 2 men in JF and AD as HoFO and Manager with integrity and a passion for Killie, give them time to build something here, results have not been great agreed but you can definitely see an improvement in performance and it looks like we are playing to a plan most of the time. We could make top six but for me its safety first then build for next season, put this season down to a learning curve, steep learning curve.

3 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

Who is the chief scout then? Club website says J.F. responsible for all football related appointments and recruitment.

Edited by georgekillie