New Manager

DuncD

50 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

If searching for a new manager takes away from a competent player recruitment campaign, I’d rather go with Dyer for another season.  

This

At very least the fall back might be a McCulloch esque 'signed the right players but need a better boss' situation. 

Starting the summer looking for a new boss would be a disaster. 

I’ve nothing to base it on but I’ve got a notion that Dyer will be announced permanently tomorrow night.

Club could spin it as good forward planning and he’s had enough results to appease a large section of the support. Certainly better results than he had when he got it until the summer. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

I’ve nothing to base it on but I’ve got a notion that Dyer will be announced permanently tomorrow night.

I really can't see this happening, and hope i am correct. Theres many mixed opinions about this and can't see it being viewed as a positive news story.

I hope the club are currently welcoming applications for the position and reviewing them. Time for James Fowler to make a big decision and prove he is the right person for his job.

My gut feeling is that AD was a good shout for the Caretaker role until the end of the season to keep us safe, have an outside but unlikely chance of a top six place and buy some time for a review of who else is available and interested out there.

Something about his body language and demeanour that just doesn't seem right for a long term appointment.

A good end to the season will give the board a dilemma and I hope that is the case of course but my experience of seeing and hearing successful manager over many years doesn't make me think he is the man for the job long term. Hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Dyer is still in the driving seat. If he has a strong finish to the season the job rightfully should be his. 

Like the job was rightfully Gary Locke’s after one defeat in seven as caretaker? 

If the players start imploring the board to give it to AD, that should be the confirmation they need to start looking outside.

Edited by skygod

There should at least be interviews. If Dyer then becomes the best candidate then so be it.

But my opinion is this, if Dyer really is the best candidate, our level of applicants compared to the summer (supposedly), has gone down massively.

There is still some right good managers out there that can take us in the right direction.

One last thing, if we dont appoint Dyer as manager, he CANNOT automatically become the new manager assistant

25 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

There should at least be interviews. If Dyer then becomes the best candidate then so be it.

But my opinion is this, if Dyer really is the best candidate, our level of applicants compared to the summer (supposedly), has gone down massively.

There is still some right good managers out there that can take us in the right direction.

One last thing, if we dont appoint Dyer as manager, he CANNOT automatically become the new manager assistant

Agree with all points made there.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Given AD is not here come June, and following the pain and embarrassment of the AA debacle, does anybody have any confidence in anyone near the board to find somebody who:

a) could do an even adequate job
b) we could afford
c) would want to come here and
d) is available

BB said that he had kept the applications from the time that SC was appointed, and the applications received last summer were of a much higher calibre. 

But we still managed to make a complete hash of it so, to answer your question, no! 

25 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

If Scotland fails to qualify for euros. Previously managers have left their post as Scotland manager. So maybe the messiah Sir Steve Clarke could return. It's a long shot. Although I'd take Paul Clement 

Clarke was leaving at end of his contract regardless of whether he got the Scotland job.