New Manager

DuncD

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Clarke was leaving at end of his contract regardless of whether he got the Scotland job.

This has become an accepted narrative. I don't know why this is said as fact.

He was offered the Scotland job, he accepted it. That is the only fact, anything more is speculation.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Start looking now then.

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

There should at least be interviews. If Dyer then becomes the best candidate then so be it.

But my opinion is this, if Dyer really is the best candidate, our level of applicants compared to the summer (supposedly), has gone down massively.

There is still some right good managers out there that can take us in the right direction.

One last thing, if we dont appoint Dyer as manager, he CANNOT automatically become the new manager assistant

Agree with the jist of this too - but worryingly I just don't see the club acting until the end of the season unless we start drifting towards relegation with Dyer. 

They've made it as difficult as possible to replace him before the end of the season. What an unnecessary position to get ourselves into... Story of the season. 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

I’ve nothing to base it on but I’ve got a notion that Dyer will be announced permanently tomorrow night.

Club could spin it as good forward planning and he’s had enough results to appease a large section of the support. Certainly better results than he had when he got it until the summer. 

Think you have it spot on mate, board will point out how team have improved performance wise in the last few games and how AD and JF have a better understanding of the transfer window now and won't be caught out again. Easy and safe option for board and without someone with football knowledge to guide them during any interview process appointing Dyer saves any hassle and prevents another" AA best manager in the league" situation

25 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

More lazy criticism from an internet nobody who feels the need to stick their oar in. Billy Bowie may not be the messiah but he doesn't deserve the cheap shots being made by our fans left right and centre, talk about lack of respect! We can question or criticise his decisions all we want if it is required but insinuating that the board don't care or that they are lazy is below the belt and beneath us as a support. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from snide entitled old firm fans.

I'm not for one suggesting the board are lazy or don't care, I'd be extremely disappointed however if we don't at least hold interviews for the job.

32 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Think you have it spot on mate, board will point out how team have improved performance wise in the last few games and how AD and JF have a better understanding of the transfer window now and won't be caught out again. Easy and safe option for board and without someone with football knowledge to guide them during any interview process appointing Dyer saves any hassle and prevents another" AA best manager in the league" situation

Jig was given the job under exactly the same circumstances and that was a disaster.

5 hours ago, virtuocity said:

If searching for a new manager takes away from a competent player recruitment campaign, I’d rather go with Dyer for another season.  

This would be embarrassing if it were the case. The club should be able to handle more than 2 things at once. As we’ve been seeing this season, it’s preparation that is key. Both sides of this needs to begin right now.

1 hour ago, gjkillie007 said:

Dyer will be given the job. Saves the board any work

Particularly bearing in mind the AA experience, unless we go from now till the end of the season without picking up any more points then I firmly believe this will be the case.

And even if we do go from now till the end of the season without picking up any more points I am reasonably certain this will still be the case.

Those on here advocating for a change of manger are, IMO on a totally different page to the board.

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Neil Warnock was mentioned but i think his wage budget is too high. But then again we got Clarke and Alessio on cheap. Plus Warnock said he wants a crack against the ungly sisters 

Punt AD, promote Donnati and splash some cash. As I have said before, its Donati that does all the shouting, taking notes and talking to players. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Neil Warnock was mentioned but i think his wage budget is too high. But then again we got Clarke and Alessio on cheap. Plus Warnock said he wants a crack against the ungly sisters 

Warnock will be the Huns boss once Gerrard f**ks off in May.

Him and the Huns would be perfectly suited.

My thoughts are that Steve Clarke  proved that you can make a silk purse out of pigs ears , with that in mind I think we should go for the most qualified application and hope that he has one or two class acts “owing him one”.

I honestly despaired at AD’s comments post match on Sunday and can only see us go downhill fast with a team of happy well paid 30 somethings’

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

I honestly despaired at AD’s comments post match on Sunday and can only see us go downhill fast with a team of happy well paid 30 somethings’

I don't think Fowler will let that happen. I'm hoping we will see the benefits of having him there come the summer as he is working away behind the scenes. Time will tell how it pans out and i could be wrong but hopefully not.

7 hours ago, 18yardhero said:

More lazy criticism from an internet nobody who feels the need to stick their oar in. Billy Bowie may not be the messiah but he doesn't deserve the cheap shots being made by our fans left right and centre, talk about lack of respect! We can question or criticise his decisions all we want if it is required but insinuating that the board don't care or that they are lazy is below the belt and beneath us as a support. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from snide entitled old firm fans.

So are you an internet somebody then?