New Manager

DuncD

3 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Let's hit the reset button.

We are not at Clarke levels. We will struggle to ever get back to them.

10 points would be an excellent return from those 5 games. Not the very least.

You've just hit the mediocrity button.

Nobody is saying we are a shoe in to hit to those levels again but home matches against St Mirren/Livi/Aberdeen and away games against two teams in freefall isn't exactly being overly optimistic hoping to win 3 out of 5.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Backing the team and being concerned about the managerial appointment process aren't exclusive to each other.

BB's track record of appointing managers isn't exactly a great.

Steve Clarke was a great appointment - that one fell on his lap. The rest have been disasters and non have lasted longer than a year.

If AD is appointed I hope he's a massive success but you can surely see why folk are sceptical.

I think it's really unfair the way dyer has been treated by a section of the fans on here. I estimate this website (active users/ posters) only accounts for about 5% of Killie fans however there is a real hysteria over his interim appointment.

I personally am not certain he is the right man to become full time manager but giving the turn around since the disaster left behind by Alessio I would say he is doing just fine.

He was an integral part of our success over the past 2 seasons so should be given the respect he deserves. IMO

Edited by Twonky65

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You've just hit the mediocrity button.

Nobody is saying we are a shoe in to hit to those levels again but home matches against St Mirren/Livi/Aberdeen and away games against two teams in freefall isn't exactly being overly optimistic hoping to win 3 out of 5.

Sadly mediocrity suits killie fine.

I agree we should go out to win every game but 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat out of 5 games will suit me all season long.

1 minute ago, Twonky65 said:

I think it's really unfair the way dyer has been treated by a section of the fans on here. I understand this website (active users) only accounts for about 5% of Killie fans however there is a real hysteria over his interim appointment.

Folk being concerned about his appointment is bad treatment? I am shocked that you are shocked that folk were concerned that we were giving the job to somebody who had just overseen 3 defeats on the spin with no goals and then given job until end of the season, that then was followed by another two defeats.

Folk are worried they are seeing history repeat itself. Sorry if that is unkind on AD but that's how I see it.

6 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

I

I personally am not certain he is the right man to become full time manager but giving the turn around since the disaster left behind by Alessio I would say he is doing just fine.

Aye, some turnaround - we've gone from 5th to 7th and St Johnstone go above us and we drop to 8th if they get anything in their game in hand.

I like AD, I hope he's a massive success if he gets the job but sorry, I don't think we should just be handing him the job based on his performance so far.

You might, others might not but folk are entitled to their opinion.

5 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Sadly mediocrity suits killie fine.

I agree we should go out to win every game but 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat out of 5 games will suit me all season long.

I said we should be aiming to get that at least, you thought that was some sort of outlandish target.

You settle for mediocre all you want. More fool you.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Folk being concerned about his appointment is bad treatment? I am shocked that you are shocked that folk were concerned that we were giving the job to somebody who had just overseen 3 defeats on the spin with no goals and then given job until end of the season, that then was followed by another two defeats.

Folk are worried they are seeing history repeat itself. Sorry if that is unkind on AD but that's how I see it.

Aye, some turnaround - we've gone from 5th to 7th and St Johnstone go above us and we drop to 8th if they get anything in their game in hand.

I like AD, I hope he's a massive success if he gets the job but sorry, I don't think we should just be handing him the job based on his performance so far.

You might, others might not but folk are entitled to their opinion.

I understand where you and others are coming from. However, bigger picture, get through this season (which has stunk since before connahs quay) and look forward to a full transfer window, pre season regime and a tried and tested approach

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Won 4 (one against QP in cup)

Lost 8 (One being in Cup against Aberdeen)

Draw 1 (Cup away to Aberdeen)

That's not good reading and certainly not worthy of being a shoe in for the job,

Replicate that over a season and we're in trouble. 9 points out of a possible 30 is relegation zone form.

I get that record. Black and white - can't be argued, that's what it is.

What can be argued is losing seven in a row as it didn't happen.

For what it's worth, my view is that Dyer does need results to improve (like the vast majority of managers) but I balance that against the much better all round performances that we have seen in all the February games so I'm not as down on him as a lot on the forum appear to be.

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Next up is an Aberdeen, a Motherwell team in free fall, a s**te St Mirren side, a rank rotten Hamilton team and Livi at home who are terrible away from home.

We should be looking at 10pts at the very least.

Absolutely, I'd be looking at least for 10.  The teams attitude seems to be getting back to where it should be  but will need to see how much the capitulation against the sheep took out of them.

I'd love it if we gave those cheating f**kers a proper doing.

38 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Remember Sir Steve said Billy Bowie was the best chairman he ever worked with.

Let's back Billy (and the manager of his choosing). 

I'm not surprised to see this web site classed as a fans forum because there doesn't appear to be many supporters on it!

'fans' to you mean people who blindly follow whatever direction the club's owner goes in?

Are you going to give lessons on being a super duper fan with rainbows and cherries on top?

28 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Knowing that this is what you are basing your opinion of AD's performance on makes sense.

Alessio didn't leave behind less of a disaster than any other manager who would have got that job ahead of him last summer.

Edited by bute-killiefan

18 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

I get that record. Black and white - can't be argued, that's what it is.

For what it's worth, my view is that Dyer does need results to improve (like the vast majority of managers) but I balance that against the much better all round performances that we have seen in all the February games so I'm not as down on him as a lot on the forum appear to be.

I'm not down on him getting it at end of the season if he gets the results. I 100% would not be offering the job just now based on how we've done so far.

If he has a good end to the season then it's his to lose but I wouldn't say he's done anywhere near enough as yet to be given it before Feb is finished as some are suggesting.

18 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Correct, team lost 7 in a row. He just lost 5 of them.

We have found a way of playing now we have Kabamba and look more dangerous but it's a results based business and AD is doing no better than the man sacked before him.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, bute-killiefan said:

Fully expect to get slaughtered for this. Fowler's job should have been given to Jim Jefferies

Not sure about this, JJ's transfer targets were out of date ten years ago. As a mentor to an inexperienced manager I think he'd be a great addition to most clubs in Scotland - but I don't see him as a DoF.

4 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Not sure about this, JJ's transfer targets were out of date ten years ago. As a mentor to an inexperienced manager I think he'd be a great addition to most clubs in Scotland - but I don't see him as a DoF.

Reading the AGM thread now and Fowler's comments have gone some way in changing my mind about him being there.

18 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Fully expect to get slaughtered for this. Fowler's job should have been given to Jim Jefferies

I absolutely slated Fowler at the transfer window but i think i was in the wrong. He appears to be doing the right things behind the scenes. As he said himself, and was the case, he had players lined up to sign on deadline day and Dyer knocked them back. Theres other positive decisions Fowler has made behind the scenes so I'm more than happy to give him a chance. I would be very disappointed and disheartened however if Dyer is the first choice for new manager and we don't go through a proper interview process. 

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I absolutely slated Fowler at the transfer window but i think i was in the wrong. He appears to be doing the right things behind the scenes. As he said himself, and was the case, he had players lined up to sign on deadline day and Dyer knocked them back. Theres other positive decisions Fowler has made behind the scenes so I'm more than happy to give him a chance. I would be very disappointed and disheartened however if Dyer is the first choice for new manager and we don't go through a proper interview process. 

Totally agree. I think I was naive to think he'd come in and focus right away on signings. He is 100% doing the right thing by creating an infrastructure and system to allow him (and whoever takes the position after him) to be successful. 

I am much happier with him being there now as I was before I read the notes from the AGM. I am with you on Dyer too. But if he does get it, I trust he will have as good a support as he could ask for to find players.

1 hour ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

As he said himself, and was the case, he had players lined up to sign on deadline day and Dyer knocked them back.

This sounds like poor communications between Fowler and Dyer. Why was Fowler spending valuable time on DEADLINE day sorting terms out with potential signings without checking that Dyer was keen on them. He would have been better spending the most crucial day of the window talking to players that Dyer was interested in - which should have been sorted out in the preceding days.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

This sounds like poor communications between Fowler and Dyer. Why was Fowler spending valuable time on DEADLINE day sorting terms out with potential signings without checking that Dyer was keen on them. He would have been better spending the most crucial day of the window talking to players that Dyer was interested in - which should have been sorted out in the preceding days.

It's difficult to read without context. 

Could be that Fowler had a first choice target agreed with Dyer and a backup that came much later who Fowler was aware was doable. First choice goes somewhere else and Dyer doesn't fancy the short notice back up / thinks too much of a risk without more scouting. 

I imagine there are all manner of Mutch types offered to us and we would only need to say yes. That might be all that is meant by 'lined up'. 

Edited by mitch14

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

we are a shoe in 

you put your left shoe in, you put your left shoe out...                 Try "shoo-in", it's in the language.

shoo-in
noun
INFORMAL

1. a person or thing that is certain to succeed, especially someone who is certain to win a competition.
    "he was a shoo-in for re-election"

Choose languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIris**talianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Edited by jasper
supplementary slagging

I know it’s only one game (and they are losing 3-1) but if John Robertson’s ICT play like that every week he’s due another crack at SPL. Very entertaining style.

David Carson in midfield looks great. Like Alan Power. But not as good, obviously.

edit: ten men; 4-1. Different game if they had scored rather than hit post.

edit: 5. Forget it. He’s s**t.

Edited by NorfolkG