Paul Dalglish

Prahakillie

On 2/27/2020 at 9:20 PM, caltonkid said:

If i remember correctly his only game for Killie was away to Partick Thistle, he was vastly overweight and blowing oot his arse during the warm up. Think he got subbed at half-time never to be seen again.

Correct - he should never have been allowed to start that game. Stephen, Tallon, McEachran and the boy Kearney at left back are the worst I have ever seen play fo us 

Edited by Pelesboots
Spelling

On 2/27/2020 at 10:02 PM, Jedi2 said:

Furphy is a good shout.....Lenny Lowe as well Also Eddie McNab?

In recent times....David Moberg Karlsson.

Was Furphy on loan from the colins? 

I was looking to see if this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3E_srL6bOY was his only game for us, and wikipedia (yes, I know) has him listed as an ayr player, on loan to us.

Willie Furphy
Personal information
Full name William Furphy
Date of birth 7 May 1966 (age 53)
Place of birth London, England
Playing position Centre-half
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1986–1993 Ayr United 210 (1)
1992–1993  Kilmarnock (loan) 1 (0)
1992–1993  Montrose (loan) 1 (0)
1992–1993  Dumbarton (loan)[1] 1 (0)
1994–1999 Ross County 103 (3)
1999–2000 Stranraer 16 (0)
2000–2002 Elgin City 30 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only

On 2/27/2020 at 9:20 PM, caltonkid said:

If i remember correctly his only game for Killie was away to Partick Thistle, he was vastly overweight and blowing oot his arse during the warm up. Think he got subbed at half-time never to be seen again.

Aye. Was replace by big Shaun.

Graham, MacPherson, Black, Monty, Paterson (McStay), Burns T, Mitchell, Burns H, Williamson, Campbell, Stephen (McSkimming)

Signed him within 2 hours of him arriving back in Scotland.

Photo from jags wiki

GW1061H1366_1.jpg

35 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

More John Lambie information required!

'...the squad has always enjoyed their Blackpool trips -- apart from one unfortunate accident in the early 1990s.

"John was thrown into the sea by the players and he hit a plank and suffered a punctured lung.

"He was in hospital for ten days and missed the next game," Alan said, swiftly adding the players are banned from ever throwing their manager into the sea again.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/5924567.resort-really-warmed/

16 minutes ago, CB said:

'...the squad has always enjoyed their Blackpool trips -- apart from one unfortunate accident in the early 1990s.

"John was thrown into the sea by the players and he hit a plank and suffered a punctured lung.

"He was in hospital for ten days and missed the next game," Alan said, swiftly adding the players are banned from ever throwing their manager into the sea again.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/5924567.resort-really-warmed/

Thanks...what a tale! Definitely in the lambie top 50 yarns.

Owen's was woeful but did win the penalty at Pittodrie that kept us up that year. 

Remember going to a cup game as a wee boy before McInally made his debut. Want to say Cappielow? Spent the whole journey being told about this superstar we had signed from Bayern Munich who was only 30 and would have plenty left in the tank. Remember my disappointment as some fat bloke waddled on from the bench then needed a breather after making it to the middle of the pitch. s**te. 

11 hours ago, livvy said:

Owen's was woeful but did win the penalty at Pittodrie that kept us up that year. 

Remember going to a cup game as a wee boy before McInally made his debut. Want to say Cappielow? Spent the whole journey being told about this superstar we had signed from Bayern Munich who was only 30 and would have plenty left in the tank. Remember my disappointment as some fat bloke waddled on from the bench then needed a breather after making it to the middle of the pitch. s**te. 

Owens never won a pen.

He basically came on as sub and straight away put a ball on Kyles head for the winner.

12 hours ago, Killietillidieu84 said:

Graeme Owens provided a cross for kevin Kyle to score one of the clubs most important goals at pittodrie or we might have been due to play Alloa on wed and not Aberdeen.

I fear it would of more likely been lower that championship by now if we had gone down with MJ at the helm