Brophy's Penalty record

Kaiastuart

22 hours ago, matthewn1986 said:

I remember a home game against St Johnstone in 1997 where we absolutely pummelled them but just couldn't score - Alan Main made save after save, and kept out a penalty from Reilly.  We were unlucky to lose 1-0.

Dylan Kerr also hit the post with a curling free kick that day. One of the best Killie performances I've seen as was the Dens Park game in 91 when Bobby Fleeting rescued us from drowning at half time. We lost both of them strange game football! 

2 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Dylan Kerr also hit the post with a curling free kick that day. One of the best Killie performances I've seen as was the Dens Park game in 91 when Bobby Fleeting rescued us from drowning at half time. We lost both of them strange game football! 

or stoned to death with giant ice balls

14 hours ago, skygod said:

Bloody hell - somebody else who remembers this! 

The match wasn’t televised so can we compare recollections?

It was 2 December 1967 - it must have been one of 19 year-old Eddie’s earliest games. Hearts were in fourth place, Killie 14th and a crowd of 5,558 was inside RP.

By coincidence, the referee was Bobby Wilson, who was in charge at Tynecastle a couple of years earlier. 

Killie led 2-0 but Hearts levelled it by half-time. 

In the 72nd minute, Eddie got the ball on the left wing just inside the Hearts half (Dundonald Road end). 

He beat two or three players in a mazy run to the corner flag where he cut in along the bye-line, beating another couple of defenders in the process. 

Moving out from the bye-line, he made himself an angle to smash the ball past Jim Cruikshank at his near post. 

The Hearts defence had its usual quota of hammer throwers back then including Alan Anderson and Arthur Thomson.

Is that about right? Have I embellished it too much or not enough? 

Great to hear that level of detail from our history. I only remember snapshots of the late  60s, early 70s when I first started going to RP with my Dad. Anyone thought of a book of fans memories?  

9 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

Great to hear that level of detail from our history. I only remember snapshots of the late  60s, early 70s when I first started going to RP with my Dad. Anyone thought of a book of fans memories?  

What a great idea that would’ve been for the 150th........awe, haud oan, naebody bothered tae ask us.....

.:17:

Edited by Loudoun Killie