Aberdeen

kfc_superteam

3 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Lose tomorrow and top six is all but over

Not necessarily. Livingston go to Celtic tomorrow and St Johnstone on Saturday. They have a positive GD so a battering or two - unlikely as it is - would be good. 

Hibs are at Pittodrie on Saturday.

But we're running out of matches. 

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Not many options at all.

Brănescu

SOD  Del Fabro  Findlay  Hämäläinen

Burke    Dicker    McKenzie    Kiltie

Brophy   Kabamba

I would like to see Kiltie get a start somewhere but I don’t think we can play him and two up front. 
Power will be very much missed. The small size of our squad this season has been totally ridiculous. That has to change next season. 

7 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

A strong manager would've sat him down and told him no. His contract is here and we need him. If he's not happy, tough.

Who's place would Wilson be taking ? He was 3 rd choice at best and even with injury and suspension he wouldn’t be getting a starting place .

So, it's a squad game and the should show in trg why he deserves more game time.

Let's just send Millen, Hendrie, Wilson, Kiltie, Connel, Taylor and Thomas away on loan cause none of them can force themselves into starting XI.

Why were Larry, DDF, Johnson, Hammy and Millar sent here on loan? Cause they had no chance of game time at their club and were 5th choice at best.

9 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

I think Wilson forced his loan to get game time, but unfortunately it has worked out he'd probably have a chance to get some matches now

It sounded like Dyer told him at the time that he would get games here but he wasn't really willing to stick around.

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

Take it you didn’t see him against St Mirren 

He was honking at Ibrox too. I'd cut him some slack because he's not exactly been getting a run of games and both were hard games under the circumstances but he really showed nothing over the two games to suggest he should be anywhere near the first team.

10 hours ago, historyman said:

I would like to see Kiltie get a start somewhere but I don’t think we can play him and two up front. 
Power will be very much missed. The small size of our squad this season has been totally ridiculous. That has to change next season. 

If he wants to prove himself as someone who can play in our system then he has to do the attacking and defensive side of the game.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

If he wants to prove himself as someone who can play in our system then he has to do the attacking and defensive side of the game.

Or you could change the system. Kilitie could easily fit into a team with a lone striker - which is basically what we had under Clarke and also this season until Kabamba was signed. Equally he could play just off / behind Kabamba if Brophy was missing.

But when Power is missing from the middle of the park I don't see Kiltie as someone to bring in. It looks like Taylor is perhaps the only option available unless Dyer goes 5-3-2 but that will be a lot of work for Dicker, Burke and McKenzie to do. Again, shows the problems with crossing your fingers and running with such a small squad.

6 minutes ago, historyman said:

Or you could change the system. Kilitie could easily fit into a team with a lone striker - which is basically what we had under Clarke and also this season until Kabamba was signed. Equally he could play just off / behind Kabamba if Brophy was missing.

But when Power is missing from the middle of the park I don't see Kiltie as someone to bring in. It looks like Taylor is perhaps the only option available unless Dyer goes 5-3-2 but that will be a lot of work for Dicker, Burke and McKenzie to do. Again, shows the problems with crossing your fingers and running with such a small squad.

McKenzie would be filling Powers slot in the middle. Kiltie just needs to put in a shift. If he wants to prove himself now is his chance, if he can't get in when we have injuries he'll never get in.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:48 PM, Fletch said:

Not many options at all.

Brănescu

SOD  Del Fabro  Findlay  Hämäläinen

Burke    Dicker    McKenzie    Kiltie

Brophy   Kabamba

An attack minded team that will take the game to them - gets my vote.

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

McKenzie would be filling Powers slot in the middle. Kiltie just needs to put in a shift. If he wants to prove himself now is his chance, if he can't get in when we have injuries he'll never get in.

Didn’t say that Kiltie would be a replacement for Power but if we play two up front the demands on the midfield are different. 
I don’t think Eremenko or Stewart were ever required to put in a shift (not that I’m saying Kiltie is as good as them) but he would be bringing something else to the team such as the ability to link the play, take the ball in tight areas and not give it away, find space in the final third and hopefully create and take chances. 

Edited by historyman

20 minutes ago, historyman said:

Didn’t say that Kiltie would be a replacement for Power but if we play two up front the demands on the midfield are different. 
I don’t think Eremenko or Stewart were ever required to put in a shift (not that I’m saying Kiltie is as good as them) but he would be bringing something else to the team such as the ability to link the play, take the ball in tight areas and not give it away, find space in the final third and hopefully create and take chances. 

Not only not as good but not at all alike. Kiltie is young and mobile. You didn't ask Eremenko to put in a shift because he wasn't mobile at all. Stewart always gave his best but he's nothing at all like Kiltie physically. 

Kiltie should be more than capable of playing out wide with Dicker and McKenzie in the middle.