Stuart Findlay

CBFC

20 minutes ago, DuncD said:

If your born in England your English. Your birth certificate isn’t going to be altered to say Scottish etc just because you identify as that. 

People on here and in the media always referred to Mehdi Taouil as Moroccan, although he was born in France;  Eremenko as Finnish when he was born in Russia. 

24 minutes ago, skygod said:

People on here and in the media always referred to Mehdi Taouil as Moroccan, although he was born in France;  Eremenko as Finnish when he was born in Russia. 

That’s fine albeit inaccurate. 

Scott MacTominay is English as he was born in England. However he identifies as Scottish so he can play international football. I would consider him Scottish as he makes an effort to play for scotland. But officially he is English. 

53 minutes ago, DuncD said:

If your born in England your English. Your birth certificate isn’t going to be altered to say Scottish etc just because you identify as that. 

If you're born in a stable does that make you a horse?

Your place of birth does not define your ethnicity, or race and on general would or rather should not define your nationality.  This would normally be from your parentage and lineage.

8 minutes ago, DuncD said:

That’s fine albeit inaccurate. 

Inaccurate how?

Taouil was born in France and Eremenko in Russia.

They were commonly referred to as Moroccan and Finnish respectively.

I think you're seeing something which isn't there if you think that's inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Inaccurate how?

Taouil was born in France and Eremenko in Russia.

They were commonly referred to as Moroccan and Finnish respectively.

I think you're seeing something which isn't there if you think that's inaccurate.

If your born in France and referred to as Moroccan that’s factually incorrect. You could see him as Moroccan but he’s french. Born in France therefore french. 

I think your seeing what you want to see. 

For the record I referred to Mehdi as Moroccan.

16 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

If you're born in a stable does that make you a horse?

Your place of birth does not define your ethnicity, or race and on general would or rather should not define your nationality.  This would normally be from your parentage and lineage.

Very poor example. A llama or billy goat could easily be born in a stable.....

Of course it doesn’t identify your ethnicity or race nobody said that.

Playing devils advocate, Would you agree with those that are born a male identifying as females despite having male body parts and being born a male in a Hospital? 

1 minute ago, Prahakillie said:

You really aren't. Not British either. 

Try getting a British passport simply on the basis you were born in England. 

So if your birth certificate reads England you aren’t English or British? What are you then? 

5 minutes ago, DuncD said:

If your born in France and referred to as Moroccan that’s factually incorrect. You could see him as Moroccan but he’s french. Born in France therefore french. 

I think your seeing what you want to see. 

Ah, you're saying that the media descriptions were inaccurate and not my post. I see now. 

The subject of nationality, citizenship, qualification for international football etc is a minefield these days, over which I'm happy to let others tie themselves in knots!

Just now, Prahakillie said:

You've lost me. 

Of course you can be born in England or elsewhere in UK and not be British. 

You must have misworded your above post then. 

I said if your born in England your English. 

you replied you really aren’t. Not British either.

i just don’t see how that’s the case