Squad Rebuild

Hambino

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

I got the impression that the players weren’t knocked back because of quality or position. If you look at comments Dyer has made on signings. Broadfoot was someone he could trust and Bunn was a fantastic person. I may have read it wrong but think he meant some of those mentioned wouldn’t fit in with the group in terms of attitude, work rate etc. You can draw your own conclusions from that but the attitude and work ethic with the current squad.

That was my take on it, also said players have to want to be here and would not upset the wage structure to sign someone. 

52 minutes ago, piffer said:

I got the impression that the players weren’t knocked back because of quality or position. If you look at comments Dyer has made on signings. Broadfoot was someone he could trust and Bunn was a fantastic person. I may have read it wrong but think he meant some of those mentioned wouldn’t fit in with the group in terms of attitude, work rate etc. You can draw your own conclusions from that but the attitude and work ethic with the current squad.

From the wording of it all, my best guess is that this referred to players that we were offered on the day from the category of bigger clubs trying to flog some loanees. The equivalent of a phone call offering Bright Enobohkare where all we'd need to do was say yes. 

We've wasted time on a few of those in the past few seasons so I could understand a boss saying no in those circumstances. 

Reading between the lines I don wonder if there was sense but still a bit of naivety in that - appease the fans a bit, add to the squad, positivity etc. Difficult to tell. 

10 hours ago, piffer said:

If that's the case then my conclusion would be that he made a huge mistake in knocking back more bodies and thinking the squad would see us through. Some reinforcements and I'm sure we would have been battling for the top six.
In terms of attitude and work rate I would say the current squad aren't exactly the best example of concentration and fitness given the amount of times we have thrown away winning positions and lost late goals.
It's just more evidence that we have a very inexperienced manager who is still learning the job and as a result is making a lot of mistakes. We should be able to do better and I wouldn't trust Dyer to improve things in the summer transfer window.

28 minutes ago, historyman said:

If that's the case then my conclusion would be that he made a huge mistake in knocking back more bodies and thinking the squad would see us through. Some reinforcements and I'm sure we would have been battling for the top six.
In terms of attitude and work rate I would say the current squad aren't exactly the best example of concentration and fitness given the amount of times we have thrown away winning positions and lost late goals.
It's just more evidence that we have a very inexperienced manager who is still learning the job and as a result is making a lot of mistakes. We should be able to do better and I wouldn't trust Dyer to improve things in the summer transfer window.

I’m surprised the attitude and workrate is being questioned. 

Concentration and tactical nous, fair enough, but the players are clearly giving their best. Games against Hibs, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts, County were all good performances.

2 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

In regards gk, I'd be going after Hladky at At Mirren. Still not signed with anyone for next season to my knowledge

Very good keeper. Not a chance of us going for him. He'll get plenty of offers in the summer. 

He's made it clear he wants to go to England 

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Very good keeper. Not a chance of us going for him. He'll get plenty of offers in the summer. 

He's made it clear he wants to go to England 

Possibly, but if you don’t ask you don’t get.

We need to hope the club have started our rebuilding for next season, no way will we be able to bring in the amount of players we need during the summer going by our track record.

2 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Possibly, but if you don’t ask you don’t get.

We need to hope the club have started our rebuilding for next season, no way will we be able to bring in the amount of players we need during the summer going by our track record.

We are on a par financially with St Mirren. Moving from them to us isn't much of a move and I would imagine not that appealing.

7 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

I’m surprised the attitude and workrate is being questioned. 

Concentration and tactical nous, fair enough, but the players are clearly giving their best. Games against Hibs, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts, County were all good performances.

Work rate maybe not but attitude as a whole from some has been questionable all season. Not just on the park on a Saturday. Dyer publicly questioned one individuals at the AGM

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

Work rate maybe not but attitude as a whole from some has been questionable all season. Not just on the park on a Saturday. Dyer publicly questioned one individuals at the AGM

I agree up to a point. I’m talking more about the on-pitch attitude. Under AA I thought it was good (apart from the petulance at times). I never felt they were not playing for him.

I don’t feel our bad performances have been attitude-related. We have just been getting results of a bottom half team. Which, with our squad depth, we are.

21 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Interesting reading/listening to analysis of the weekends games - St Mirren fans seem to be questioning whether Waters is good enough for them let alone us... 

Heard a lot of talk from the saints fans they're undecided whether hes influenced their team. 

He has started and player every game, every minute bar our 2 soon to be 3.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:32 PM, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Had a look at transfer market website it seems that in the summer all 4 senior Goalkeepers being out of contract that being Branescu, Koprivec, MacDonald and MacKay. Thats not good.

Lyle is still a reserve player dont think he's ready should be sent on loan to Championship or league 1 for experience imo.

Why is that not good? At least 3 of them are not good enough so I dont really see the issue 

43 minutes ago, trenwick said:

i see jim spence tweeted about dundee united trying to sign findlay, i know there splashing cash at it, but surely this is pish.. it's in the courier..... local rag

Read all about it...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1187120/exclusive-dundee-united-line-up-stunning-summer-move-for-scotland-centre-back-stuart-findlay/

Let's see what their "substantial fee" is...

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

"He was linked with a £500,000 move to England last summer but United would hope to pay significantly less than that given there will only be 12 months left on his current deal with Killie"

xD xD xD xD xD

If they want him for considerably less, they’ll need to throw in Shankland to sweeten the deal. £300k + Shankland sounds about right.