Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

More chance of us oldies dying from the flu. It could be like the day after Diana died, the SFA were guilt-tripped into cancelling games when 99% of Scotland couldn't give a flying feck about her. Do we trust the SFA/SPFL to get anything right ?  Naw, we don't. 

They were guilt tripped into that by Huns kike McCoist and Goram with their faux grief.

12 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

More chance of us oldies dying from the flu..........

Keep hearing this yes you are more likely to die from flu, but this is on top of the normal flu deaths, and cancer which was mentioned earlier in the thread.

These illnesses will continue, with the addition of this virus.

Having said that I am happy to take my chances, and we should carry on normal activities, but be more vigilant. 

Just had an email at work advising on hand washing procedures and when to wash, quite frankly if you were not doing this already, you deserve a dose of something.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Keep hearing this yes you are more likely to die from flu, but this is on top of the normal flu deaths, and cancer which was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Having said that I am happy to take my chances, and we should carry on normal activities, but be more vigilant. 

Just had an email at work advising on hand washing procedures and when to wash, quite frankly if you were not doing this already, you deserve a dose of something.

A sign in the bogs to remind people to wash their hands would be a good idea. 

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

WHO have said that the fatality rate for this will be less than 99%.

I'll take my chances.

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

Indeed.

Sadly the threat of coronavirus reinforced by a stiffly worded e-mail from their employer is unlikely to change the habits of a lifetime.

44 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

More chance of us oldies dying from the flu. It could be like the day after Diana died, the SFA were guilt-tripped into cancelling games when 99% of Scotland couldn't give a flying feck about her. Do we trust the SFA/SPFL to get anything right ?  Naw, we don't. 

Remember it well. Shops in Aberdeen opened as soon as the funeral ended on the Saturday. Pittodrie could've been the same 

Absolutely no need for it to be moved to the Sunday, game could've went ahead as planned on the Saturday. 

Mass hysteria by grief junkies. 

6 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Remember it well. Shops in Aberdeen opened as soon as the funeral ended on the Saturday. Pittodrie could've been the same 

Absolutely no need for it to be moved to the Sunday, game could've went ahead as planned on the Saturday. 

Mass hysteria by grief junkies. 

Was it not Motherwell we were due to play ?

14 minutes ago, Lorielus said:

Especially when most of said employers will still pressure people to come to work while ill.

If your self employed and self isolate, will you get sick pay, no chance, so there is a massive risk of carriers spreading infection.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Scotland were playing Belarus day of the funeral until the Huns went all staunch and threw their sashes out the pram.

The Sunday (Saturday night) she died we were due to play Motherwell and it was postponed.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You answered it yourself.

It's likely that somewhere between 25 and 75% of the population will contract the virus. This will depend on a number of factors, including the success of self isolation, sanitary practices etc. 

Previous modelling on H1N1 predicts that the overall effect on the global economy could be as high as a GDP reduction of 7%, similar to the 2007 financial crisis. 

80% of those affected will have mild symptoms, 20% will require hospital admission and 5% will require ICU. These will mostly be older people with chronic health conditions, 

The strategy in most countries is one of containment and delay to stop health services being overwhelmed. It's not so much a question of stopping people getting the virus per se as it is of slowing the spread. 

If Coronavirus is as bad as seasonal 'flu then it's a major event. At this point in time, it looks as though it will be a lot worse, with a mortality rate of 1% vs. 0.1% for influenza A and a similar reproduction rate. 

9 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

...a mortality rate of 1%....

It might not sound it, but this is ridiculously high.

One death for every hundred who contract it, with a "reasonable worst case scenario" of 80% contraction rate, equates to almost half a million deaths by my calculation. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

I remember that night more than the day, ended up in a nightclub and went hom with the podium dancer.

Thank fk the SFA cancelled the games.

2 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

Pretty much what North Korea done. Shot the first person to contract it!

If China was still as much a closed book it was 40years ago we wouldn't have heard of this either.   A massive accident would've befallen wuhan city  with no survisors