Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

6 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Do we trust the SFA/SPFL to get anything right ?  Naw, we don't. 

The decision could very well be taken out of the SFA/SPFL hands if the Scottish Government decide to impose a ban of gatherings of over 5,000 people.

Edited by C4mmy31

'If' football matches were closed down on this basis, then shopping centres would also have to close as there are must be thousands of people potentially passing through them. Where would the line be drawn? Any office or indeed workplace....public transport, the list goes on. The hit to the economy would be colossal.

From the symptoms and impact it sounds like for the vast majority of people, it would be an unpleasant chest infection, but not a threat to life, outside people with existing chronic health conditions, and the very elderly. Clearly it can spread quickly, but....as said football matches couldn't be singled out without having to shut down workplaces, schools, public transport, shopping areas etc as well, if they go for these measures. At the moment, with 1 confirmed case in Scotland, it is some jump for it to affect 75% of the population.

Lots of folk getting their knickers in a twist about the handshake thing. Any effort to curb the spread isn't stupid.

Players who spit on the ground really shouldn't have to be told not to do it, and have never been encouraged to do it, like handshakes have been.

Any effort to slow the spread, however small, should be welcomed. If you think banning handshakes is hysterical, I don't know what to tell you.

Just now, Jedi2 said:

'If' football matches were closed down on this basis, then shopping centres would also have to close as there are must be thousands of people potentially passing through them. Where would the line be drawn? Any office or indeed workplace....public transport, the list goes on. The hit to the economy would be colossal.

From the symptoms and impact it sounds like for the vast majority of people, it would be an unpleasant chest infection, but not a threat to life, outside people with existing chronic health conditions, and the very elderly. Clearly it can spread quickly, but....as said football matches couldn't be singled out without having to shut down workplaces, schools, public transport, shopping areas etc as well, if they go for these measures. At the moment, with 1 confirmed case in Scotland, it is some jump for it to affect 75% of the population.

You'd need to close down every airport in Scotland, Central Station would be closed. There's 10,000s of people who go through there every single day. Public transport would shutdown.

It's not gonna happen. Country would be f**ked if they did.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You'd need to close down every airport in Scotland, Central Station would be closed. There's 10,000s of people who go through there every single day. Public transport would shutdown.

It's not gonna happen. Country would be f**ked if they did.

That happened all over China when they had big outbreaks.  China’s got a 1st class health system too, so presumably that’s how they’ll deal with it here. For most it’ll be a fortnight at home at worst, if it even happens.

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Derek the Dancer won't forget it either.

Ha ha, she most certainly wasnt called Derek,  and I'm sure she remembered the event and the offer of a 3 some the next morning with her mate.

It was certainly more interesting than watching the Killie play Motherwell. 

Edited by Beaker71

The media certainly are being a bit hysterical at times but the conspiracy theories that this isn’t a major threat / government trying to distract attention etc have to be wide of the mark. All across the world countries are taking this very seriously presumably because this is an unknown virus with no vaccination or treatment bringing huge risk to health but even if it only means a couple of weeks off work for most, a massive impact on the economy.

i think the point of the handshake ban may be missed a bit too. Banning handshakes between players at football matches will have minimal direct impact, but we are all now talking about whether we should be shaking hands etc day to day aren’t we? 

1 hour ago, EKX16 said:

I went into boots the other day and asked if there was anything that I could use to stop the spread of coronavirus and the woman replied "ammonia cleaner" I said "sorry love I thought you worked here.

She did.........only as a cleaner? 

1 hour ago, Tom061087 said:

The media certainly are being a bit hysterical at times but the conspiracy theories that this isn’t a major threat / government trying to distract attention etc have to be wide of the mark. All across the world countries are taking this very seriously presumably because this is an unknown virus with no vaccination or treatment bringing huge risk to health but even if it only means a couple of weeks off work for most, a massive impact on the economy.

i think the point of the handshake ban may be missed a bit too. Banning handshakes between players at football matches will have minimal direct impact, but we are all now talking about whether we should be shaking hands etc day to day aren’t we? 

I'm not sure.

Maybe the World Health Organisation, the global financial industry and politicians have got this wrong and it's actually all a fabrication to distract from the economic impact of Brexit. 

In future, they should consult Boydieisback and Squirrelhumper before making policy decisions. 

Just now, Andy said:

Case in Killie, games a bogey, run for the hills !!!!!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5348590/coronavirus-scotland-three-cases-covid-19/

If you actually read the story, somebody felt ill yesterday after returning from SE Asia.

The housing was put in lockdown as the person was tested. Place now open business as usual today and person didn't have it.

This is exactly the type of scaremongering that does my tits in.

Click bait s**te and folk read a headline and go with it as gospel.

It's almost as if folk are desperate for it to be as bad an epidemic as possible.

Bonkers.

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you actually read the story, somebody felt ill yesterday after returning from SE Asia.

The housing was put in lockdown as the person was tested. Place now open business as usual today and person didn't have it.

This is exactly the type of scaremongering that does my tits in.

Click bait s**te and folk read a headline and go with it as gospel.

It's almost as if folk are desperate for it to be as bad an epidemic as possible.

Bonkers.

It was an attempt at humor, although if you read the story it does suggest one of the three confirmed cases is in Ayrshire, perhaps not Kilmarnock.