Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

Unless the government shuts down everything, then my position is to carry on as normal. However I am a relatively fit nearly 61 year old and my concern is for others much older than me. Should they go to the football or any other gathering for that matter?

37 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Unless the government shuts down everything, then my position is to carry on as normal. However I am a relatively fit nearly 61 year old and my concern is for others much older than me. Should they go to the football or any other gathering for that matter?

85% of those over 80 who catch it survive it, the over 80's do have the highest mortality rate, but the vast majority wont catch it, and a huge majority of those who do survive it, Keep calm and Carry on following the Mighty.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

The 1st case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Kilmarnock, a testing station is being setup at Crosshouse Hospital, according to the Scottish Government....

Where exactly has this been confirmed? latest reports are Ayrshire only according to Scottish Government, 

19 minutes ago, Andy said:

85% of those over 80 who catch it survive it, the over 80's do have the highest mortality rate, but the vast majority wont catch it, and a huge majority of those who do survive it, Keep calm and Carry on following the Mighty.

The lethality (deaths per 1,000 infections) is probably seriously over estimated at present as there are probably loads of folks got it without any discernible symptoms. Unfortunately the authorities seem awfae keen on slowing down the spread of something largely fairly innocuous that will probably reach everywhere eventually. I'm guessing this is to prevent a "spike" crashing the NHS, rather like everybody turning on their kettle for a cup of tea at halftime would crash the grid.

So best prepare for loads of "un-necessary" match cancelations coming to a stadium near you.  

P.S. there seemed to be an increased lethality in Chinese males over 40. But this may be linked to the large number of Chinese men who smoke. So another gold star to the Scottish government for banning smoking in pubs. :)

Edited by gdevoy

15 minutes ago, charlie1 said:

Where exactly has this been confirmed? latest reports are Ayrshire only according to Scottish Government, 

A number of local news outlets running with this, and it is the same story that was previously rubbished by some (lol) in the Sun.