Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

1 hour ago, Iainwhitton said:

Whats the thoughts on the potential for players to be forced into self isolation, and thus unavailable for selection. Ive more concern about games being postponed for lack of player availability than govt shutdowns.

This would only happen if they have the disease or someone close to them does. In which case, it would be the right decision.

22 hours ago, EKX16 said:

I went into boots the other day and asked if there was anything that I could use to stop the spread of coronavirus and the woman replied "ammonia cleaner" I said "sorry love I thought you worked here.

2 minutes ago, hindes57 said:

Just got back a Chemist's .....I said to the assistant, "What gets rid of Coronavirus?”
She said, "Ammonia cleaner."
I said, "Oh sorry, I thought you worked here!"

Boo - urns.

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

The Italian government have decided all sporting events are to be postponed or played behind closed doors.  The English FA are also considering closed doors games to see out the season.

Seriously what's the point, first sports person to catch this especially in football and it will all close down, imagine a dressing room where this has taken hold.

Think as others have said this is the real worry in terms of closing down the game in this country.

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

The Italian government have decided all sporting events are to be postponed or played behind closed doors.  The English FA are also considering closed doors games to see out the season.

If this was to happen here would the SPL/SFA order ALL games to be shown on TV somehow? IE would Killie TV be given the chance to show our home games to UK residents.

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Sports governing bodies and broadcasters have been called to a government meeting on Monday to discuss the staging of events behind closed doors if the coronavirus outbreak worsens and mass gatherings are banned. 

IMO this is over the top, at the moment.  Just now we actually have less people with the coronavirus than normal  seasonal flu, which is also down considerably in numbers on previous years.  Of course there is the potential, but so did SARS and bird flu, and even CJD.

I think this could be the warning on a pandemic, but this ain't the actual one.

What I don’t get is...
1) started in China and its nearly disappeared. Obviously the quarantine seems to have worked but still odd. 
2) it’s went mental in Iran (where there was qualms with the US) but hasn’t really hit their neighbours, Kuwait, Bahrain, Afghanistan etc. 
3) whys it no made it to Africa and gone absolutely mental? Same with India. 
4) whys it only old folk? Why no youngsters getting badly infected/dying?
5) I read a thing that our current economic model (stocks/shares/GDP etc) has a finite life? It can’t just keep growing forever. So this might be to slow the economy down? (Mass panic buying, folk no working n that)

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

What I don’t get is...
1) started in China and its nearly disappeared. Obviously the quarantine seems to have worked but still odd. 
2) it’s went mental in Iran (where there was qualms with the US) but hasn’t really hit their neighbours, Kuwait, Bahrain, Afghanistan etc. 
4) whys it only old folk? Why no youngsters getting badly infected/dying?
5) I read a thing that our current economic model (stocks/shares/GDP etc) has a finite life? It can’t just keep growing forever. So this might be to slow the economy down? (Mass panic buying, folk no working n that)

Number one above is the thing that is confusing me. In the UK we are preparing for a worst possible case, might not happen, with an 80% infection rate. In population terms this is 52 million. China as I understand it is at least 6 weeks ahead of the UK. They have a population of 1.4 billion. Why are there cases only around 80K.

14 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

IMO this is over the top, at the moment.  Just now we actually have less people with the coronavirus than normal  seasonal flu, which is also down considerably in numbers on previous years.  Of course there is the potential, but so did SARS and bird flu, and even CJD.

I think this could be the warning on a pandemic, but this ain't the actual one.

Thanks CMO.....

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

What I don’t get is...

Seemingly, it can’t survive in hot climates. 

The number of cases in the Southern Hemisphere generally is very low, I think I’m right in saying. 

44 minutes ago, killiefife said:

Number one above is the thing that is confusing me. In the UK we are preparing for a worst possible case, might not happen, with an 80% infection rate. In population terms this is 52 million. China as I understand it is at least 6 weeks ahead of the UK. They have a population of 1.4 billion. Why are there cases only around 80K.

China are literally welding infected people's doors shut to stop the spread.