Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

4 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Just listening to Jeremy Hunt interrogating NHS leaders. Excellent performance and will not allow them any prevarication or diversion. Very impressed. What a difference to the jabbing fingered dumb ass so called "leader"  at WM who gets away with every question he doesnt like

Jeremy Hunt has played a blinder so far, and I'm one of his biggest critics. 

The news coming out of Italian ICUs actually makes me a bit more optimistic. 

It's bad, but they haven't had to implement widespread reverse triage measures.

They expect that cases will peak in the next couple of weeks. 

This must mean that the lockdown has worked, or alternatively means that there is a larger rate of asymptomatic infection than previously thought. 

Correction: according to my Italian colleagues, they're restricting ICU to those under 70

Edited by fraz65

43 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

As someone who worked under Hunts jurisdiction I’d urge those who’ve recently changed their thoughts on this man to read the opendemocracy report on his time in charge of the NHS . 
Johnson is an arse but Hunt is indeed that rhyming slang person . 

I'm judging him on today and the crisis on our hands.  So viewing it, not knowing his past and let's be honest this is unprecedented,  his intelligent and coherent performance today, in my opinion, warranted merit, compared to the bumbling arsehole we have in charge with his false gravity. I think your remark is a bit out of order Bonbon. He asked questions and forced answers in terms of timescales etc. Clean slate for me so basically I'm saying dont urge me. I'll make my own assessments.  

44 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Fkn hell a Tory you’ve not given the benefit of the doubt to.  Pigs have indeed flown.

btw I think all Torys are the same absolute Jeremy Hunts

My benefit of the doubt is for this govt and it’s actions  not individuals . But you keep thinking otherwise 

18 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I'm judging him on today and the crisis on our hands.  So viewing it, not knowing his past and let's be honest this is unprecedented,  his intelligent and coherent performance today, in my opinion, warranted merit, compared to the bumbling arsehole we have in charge with his false gravity. I think your remark is a bit out of order Bonbon. He asked questions and forced answers in terms of timescales etc. Clean slate for me so basically I'm saying dont urge me. I'll make my own assessments.  

It’s just a pity he didn’t perform intelligently when in charge of the NHS and there wouldn’t be the shortage of ICU beds , ventilators , staff shortages and more importantly the morale of the medical teams who had to work under the conditions that his policies caused . 
Now that he has no portfolio he’s now seen fit to criticise govt policies that he helped implement .Now that’s never happened before in the history of politics ;) 
‘I’m not urging anybody to dislike the man just be aware of his past actions . 

44 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

It’s just a pity he didn’t perform intelligently when in charge of the NHS and there wouldn’t be the shortage of ICU beds , ventilators , staff shortages and more importantly the morale of the medical teams who had to work under the conditions that his policies caused . 
Now that he has no portfolio he’s now seen fit to criticise govt policies that he helped implement .Now that’s never happened before in the history of politics ;) 
‘I’m not urging anybody to dislike the man just be aware of his past actions . 

Fair enough Bonbon. Accept that but regardless of past actions this is such a different scenario 

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

It's not what they say though that matters, it's what they do. If only he was previously in a position to make a difference.

Yep I agree with this. 

I think that the previously low baseline meant that I was pleasantly surprised that he said more sensible things than the PM. 

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

What are reverse triage measures? Is that where they effectively decide who gets treatment and who dies?

It's a means of allocating scarce resources in a crisis. 

We do this every day on ICU. In a crisis situation, we would just have more objective and stricter criteria. 

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Open your nose then.

He's a cynical opportunist who's heavily responsible for the current problems in the NHS. He oversaw the rapid privatisation of the NHS in England, the massive cuts and the battle with doctors over pay, and who wrote a pamphlet on the benefits of selling it off, is now being presented by the media as an impartial oracle on this situation?

Not being a total buffoon doesn't make him a hero. His agenda seems to me to be making his leadership bid for after this virus. 

He said on C4 News tonight he had "done a lot of pandemic planning" while Secy. of State for Health but didn't know about the grave shortage of ventilators, despite it being in multiple reports?!?

I smell s**te!

Remember when China built a 1000 bed infection control hospital in record time?

Testing testing testing was recommended by the W H O.

Why aren't we doing anything like this before it's needed, cos it's gonna be... we're such mugs with who we allow to make decisions for us!

47 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Remember when China built a 1000 bed infection control hospital in record time?

Testing testing testing was recommended by the W H O.

Why aren't we doing anything like this before it's needed, cos it's gonna be... we're such mugs with who we allow to make decisions for us!

Because we have clueless pm running  the show

I work in an EoS hospital and things have really ramped up since Thursday night. This is my first day off since then, feeling so tired and mentally drained dealing with the planning and logistics required to keep delivering care to immunosuppressed patients. Guidelines change twice a day. Increased staff shortages already. Rumours that final year medical students and nursing students in their last six months of training are going to be qualified early to fill the gaps are circulating. Hand sanitiser is being stolen from the walls, public toilets are  going through considerably more toilet paper and paper towels than usual. Clinics cancelled. Face to face training cancelled. I’m gonna try and sleep the rest of the day to prepare for the s**t show I’ll return to tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I work in an EoS hospital and things have really ramped up since Thursday night. This is my first day off since then, feeling so tired and mentally drained dealing with the planning and logistics required to keep delivering care to immunosuppressed patients. Guidelines change twice a day. Increased staff shortages already. Rumours that final year medical students and nursing students in their last six months of training are going to be qualified early to fill the gaps are circulating. Hand sanitiser is being stolen from the walls, public toilets are  going through considerably more toilet paper and paper towels than usual. Clinics cancelled. Face to face training cancelled. I’m gonna try and sleep the rest of the day to prepare for the s**t show I’ll return to tomorrow. 

Fair play to you and everyone else working hard in our NHS. 

Sadly I think this will be a test of humanity which we as a society will fail at. People already stealing hand sanitiser and toilet rolls is the tip of the iceberg. 

All the best in the coming weeks. 

31 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Good luck Zorro. Keep us updated on what's happening. 

We're all in this together.