Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

34 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Fair play to you and everyone else working hard in our NHS. 

Sadly I think this will be a test of humanity which we as a society will fail at. People already stealing hand sanitiser and toilet rolls is the tip of the iceberg. 

All the best in the coming weeks. 

Aye, folks selfishness is beyond depressing.

Don't even start me on the "Brits abroad" w****rs we've seen in the news the past few days in Benidorm taking the piss and not paying one bit of notice to the restrictions. Cretins.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

29 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Fair play to you and everyone else working hard in our NHS. 

Sadly I think this will be a test of humanity which we as a society will fail at. People already stealing hand sanitiser and toilet rolls is the tip of the iceberg. 

All the best in the coming weeks. 

Read yesterday that €50,000 worth of facemasks were stolen from a lorry delivering to a German hospital. Unbelievable, and repulsive that there's a market for stuff like that. 

Best of luck both @Zorro and @fraz65your updates are interesting and I'm looking forward to following them through to the day they start to become a bit more positive, however long that might take. 

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't even start me on the "Brits abroad" w****rs we've seen in the news the past few days in Benidorn. Cretins.

My mate in the Canaries tells me that there was a smaller scale but similar incident in Tenerife. 

update it was morrocans involved sorry . 

Edited by Bonbon19
Update for accuracy

Ancillary staff being sent home to work from homes and their departments are being deep cleaned for additional call centre and other support staff.   My brother in law works in the facilities function and he is now working from home.

Potential for the health and social care partnership staff being drafted into pharmacies and call centres or even basic triage as well.  My wife has been informed she could end up in a hospital or community pharmacy to assist (she is a and pharmacy tech with the social care partnership)

Feels like Sxotland has a plan for the NHS and its controlled.  Hope England and Wales have one too, perhaps those from englandshire can tell us? English NHS doesnt fill me with any confidence.

A call to LBC from a Professor at the Institute Pasteur Shanghai and is currently working on Coronavirus Outreach. He explained why he thinks the UK Government has got it wrong, based on his work on the ground in China, and how distant this virus has been from people in the West. Quite interesting.

(8min video...)

https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/latest/skin-plugin/amp_iframe.html?pcode=lybG4xOtZ5VVs97XtFOmFWfHkY5g&ec=BsZHRhajE6mLOy6bTM4rlFNazbq9NYHV&pbid=3c42758a1392415089daa0d272925bcf

Edited by Scooter

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't even start me on the "Brits abroad" w****rs we've seen in the news the past few days in Benidorm taking the piss and not paying one bit of notice to the restrictions. Cretins.

Agreed mate, it was grim viewing. Brits abroad = scum of the earth.

On a positive note, a guy got stopped in Tennessee yesterday with a truck full of hand wash he had procured to sell for profit on the "black market". The authorities caught him and sent all the product to a local charity. f**k you and anyone else trying to profiteer from those in need.  

9 minutes ago, Fudger said:

On a positive note, a guy got stopped in Tennessee yesterday with a truck full of hand wash he had procured to sell for profit on the "black market". The authorities caught him and sent all the product to a local charity. f**k you and anyone else trying to profiteer from those in need.  

Pretty sure 'profiteering' is still a criminal offence in the UK .... 

Schools in Scotland and Wales to close from Friday, England to probably follow suit. How are nurses, doctors, emergency services employees going to get childcare if both parents are working and grandparents are over 70 or have an underlying health issue ? 

Edited by Wrangodog

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:
 By the end of it, suggests that even with full suppression in force. Lockdowns, quarantines, school closures worldwide etc, global immunisation (eventually) - that this is life for 18 months. 

What's even scarier is, now that this thing is out the box, we'll never get it back in, so we'll all just have to live with it!

8 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Schools in England to close from Friday except for children of key workers eg. NHS staff, police, and delivery drivers. Surely Scotland will follow suit ? 

That is to be announced tomorrow.

UK Education Secretary has announced the exams have been postponed as well ... 

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

A scary, scary twitter thread. By the end of it, suggests that even with full suppression in force. Lockdowns, quarantines, school closures worldwide etc, global immunisation (eventually) - that this is life for 18 months. 

The US are apparently modelling a ‘worst case’ of 20% unemployment.  In wars you get full employment, this looks to me, more like a traditional plague than a war.  Ironically on the day Bernie Sanders will get turfed out the race for the white house, they might have to look at ‘left wing’ policies like a basic minimum income to save the capitalist system.

They have to bail out the people, if Labour and movement are to be restricted, they can’t just bail out business like in 2008.  

44 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Other way round - Nicola Sturgeon said schools would close this morning.

That wasn't what I was asking, it was about what happens with the children of essential staff who don't have childcare in Scotland. Anyway, there is to be an announcement about this from the Scottish government tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

That wasn't what I was asking, it was about what happens with the children of essential staff who don't have childcare in Scotland. Anyway, there is to be an announcement about this from the Scottish government tomorrow. 

Likely schools will operate with a skeleton staff to make sure vulnerable children and those of key workers who cannot be looked after at home will be able to attend school,  get fed and I'd expect they will be doing the same video.or online educational stuff as the kids who are at home should be doing.

2 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

A scary, scary twitter thread. By the end of it, suggests that even with full suppression in force. Lockdowns, quarantines, school closures worldwide etc, global immunisation (eventually) - that this is life for 18 months. 

It is certainly more than a few weeks. The best estimate us that it will take 3 months to start easing. How long it takes to get back to "normal" after that is an unknown. Another few months seems reasonable the 18 month estimates are based on no natural immunity emerging and us having to use a vaccine which will take that long to distribute widely. So I would see that as an unlikely scenario. Unless of course this thing has been  genetically engineered in a weapins lab with the specific purpose of avoiding creating immunity.