Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

From comments by colleagues who like me still asked to come into work -- the trains into Glasgow early this morning were far busier than last week due to the reduced service and also less carriages with many standing fairly close to each other -- which again seems to go against all the advice .........

Though the removal of car parking charges in Glasgow might help those still told to report to work 

16 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

From comments by colleagues who like me still asked to come into work -- the trains into Glasgow early this morning were far busier than last week due to the reduced service and also less carriages with many standing fairly close to each other -- which again seems to go against all the advice .........

Though the removal of car parking charges in Glasgow might help those still told to report to work 

In Prague they are pretty much running the public transport services as normal. There are only a handful of people on many of the services but this is seen as a desirable outcome to help prevent the spread of infection. People can use public transport and maintain social distancing measures.

I think the only cuts to the service are from 10:30pm and night buses as there is very little demand with nowhere open for people to go in the evenings.

Similarly parking charges and zones have been scrapped for now so many are travelling to work by car.

Like many others I am working from home.

30 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

..... due to the reduced service and also less carriages ...........

That says we are still driven by, Milo Minderbinder, Money is god, Busness is all, US ideology. Misses the point of enhance virus protection as the key objective. 

32 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

I take it you can't work from home ? 

Talk of upping measures in my work (tesco) today. Police at the door ensuring people are only in for essentials and not for some place to hang about like some still are. And that folk arent unnecessarily in groups. I. E. The 60+ brigade this morning out in force as couples and just taking their time to buy a few wee things.   

Much quieter from around lunchtime tho and shelves looking a bit better. Sold two pallets of bog roll today however it took much longer for them to go. Why its still only limited to two is beyond me. Every single person that bought it just about taking two because they can. Totaly unnecessary. Fresh food in particular looking more healthy today. With two deliveries planned tonight. 

21 minutes ago, skygod said:

You take care of your heart! 

Will do. Thank ye Skygod.  All Killie lads n lasses. Look after yourselves and families and then your buddies. I was going to adopt an auld yin in my village, the old lady that walks passed my door on her way to the bus stop and often looks at me like I'm a Scots unintelligible ruffian. Was going to do her shopping. Think that idea is screwed for the mo!. 

Boris to address the nation at 2030. Lockdown?

I was back at work today and will be for the duration as we are classed as critical. Office staff working from home but unfortunately field staff can’t. Would imagine we will be on emergency calls only soon enough. Was surprised at how busy things were. Quieter than usual no doubt but a lot more folk about than I expected. 

Wish they would put us on lock down .Company I work for told a worker to stay at home as he had been abroad the told the rest of the workforce that they were cutting a shift but all were still to come in needed or not .The manager is a nut job and says there is a shortage of material but it will be here shortly from Italy !! 

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

Boris to address the nation at 2030. Lockdown?

I think so.  Coronavirus bill going through WM at present.  Until that goes through they don't have the powers to enforce a lockdown.  Apparently Macron was saying on the phone to BJ he had to do more, otherwise the French (and EU) would ban transit to the UK.

7 minutes ago, RAG said:

I think so.  Coronavirus bill going through WM at present.  Until that goes through they don't have the powers to enforce a lockdown.  Apparently Macron was saying on the phone to BJ he had to do more, otherwise the French (and EU) would ban transit to the UK.

Have the French been stopping supplies at the tunnel/ferries or is that just fake news?

I think lock down is on the cards. If not today then certainly by the end of the week. 

46 minutes ago, piffer said:

Have the French been stopping supplies at the tunnel/ferries or is that just fake news?

I think lock down is on the cards. If not today then certainly by the end of the week. 

It was on the BBC politics podcast on Sunday.  Macron told BJ unless he got a grip on it, lockdown etc,  they'd stop transit to the UK.  Apparently about 1/3 of the new imported cases in Singapore had travelled through London and 1/6 of the overall new cases in Singapore had travelled through London.

Lockdown from tonight... unless

Shopping for essentials only.

1 exercise activity per day

Medical need

Travel to and from work that cannot be done at home.

Edit: will be looked at in 3 weeks and may be relaxed at that time.

Edited by chubbs

8 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

It's not lockdown. He has not gone far enough. No direction on policing it. Factory's stay open etc etc. 

The Lockdown happened in stages in Germany, France and Spain.  They said they'd review it in 3 weeks and in 3 weeks it will be a worse situation. Less chance of social disorder if you erode day by day, rather than chop folks liberty off in one foul swoop.  BoJo showing some carrot before he uses a stick IMO.

Edited by RAG