Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

38 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

That's already brightened my day up. Cheers.

This virus ain't going to abate anytime soon, I think it's with us now and will be part of life.

These drawings from our young folk give us hope that we all can and will move forward, adapt to it and survive. 

A lot of poor people around the world are going to die because the rich, and I'm talking about folk who are 'comfortable' here too, still really don't give a f**k about them!

Where's the 'testing, testing, testing' that was recommended by the WHO? And there's a lot of folk that still need to work to put food on the table and/or put their heating on!

Also, when you look at flights into Heathrow today; 22 from New York, 9 from Los Angeles, 7 from Beijing, 8 from Hong Kong, 5 from Singapore, 3 from Kuala Lumpur, to name but a few; it makes a mockery of any travel ban and makes this testimony from an Indian doctor a little more potent...

IMG_20200330_125630.jpg.1bfc8dab2459b3f84dc6d672ee104a21.jpg

21 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Not sure about stopping breast, cervical and bowel screening. Quite a few young (ish) people are definitely going to die because of this. 

Have to agree , these cancers killed approximately 4000 people in Scotland in 2018 and have been on the decrease over the last few years . Early detection is a big factor in the decrease , don’t know how easy it is for say bowel screening lab at Dundee to switch over to covid testing . It’s possible its due to a manpower shortage in labs . 

27 minutes ago, Scooter said:

A lot of poor people around the world are going to die because the rich, and I'm talking about folk who are 'comfortable' here too, still really don't give a f**k about them!

Where's the 'testing, testing, testing' that was recommended by the WHO? And there's a lot of folk that still need to work to put food on the table and/or put their heating on!

Also, when you look at flights into Heathrow today; 22 from New York, 9 from Los Angeles, 7 from Beijing, 8 from Hong Kong, 5 from Singapore, 3 from Kuala Lumpur, to name but a few; it makes a mockery of any travel ban and makes this testimony from an Indian doctor a little more potent...

IMG_20200330_125630.jpg.1bfc8dab2459b3f84dc6d672ee104a21.jpg

Germans test 250000. UK 40000. When asked why, govt minister (cant recall her name), simply responded by saying "We are amongst the highest in testing countries across the globe". Evasion at.every turn. 

29 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I see BoJo got a rest but the rest of us have to self isolate. The level if testing in the UK is shockingly low. As is the level of protective gear for frontline workers. All down to the poor penny pinching management of BoJo and his cadre of buffoons. He really does run Trump a very close second in the useless blowhard if the year competition.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Germans test 250000. UK 40000. When asked why, govt minister (cant recall her name), simply responded by saying "We are amongst the highest in testing countries across the globe". Evasion at.every turn. 

Naw we urnae. We are near the lowest.

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I see BoJo got a rest but the rest of us have to self isolate. The level if testing in the UK is shockingly low. As is the level of protective gear for frontline workers. All down to the poor penny pinching management of BoJo and his cadre of buffoons. He really does run Trump a very close second in the useless blowhard if the year competition.

Not just down to Bozo, but every penny pinching, 'public money to private hands' Tory government we've ever had!!

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

This virus ain't going to abate anytime soon, I think it's with us now and will be part of life.

These drawings from our young folk give us hope that we all can and will move forward, adapt to it and survive. 

It's about immediate priorities and use if available funds.  Sxorland doesnt have borrowing powers so cant just magic up money as per the QE and empty promises of the Tories.  Also the screening involved in sole cases is invasive and all.pur both the NHS staff and public at risk at the moment.

In an ideal world we could do both, but were in a lockdown so all but the absolutely essential has to take a back seat.

Hopefully not for too long and we can get those who were delayed through the process to diagnosis quickly.

23 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

If you look in Germany at the death rate versus confirmed cases, they are becoming exceptions - definitely doing something right there.

Everyone else in Europe and America have similar population/detection/death rates

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html