Scaremongering or Not, Corona Virus = Nae Killie

Andy

The UK also paid $20million for Coronavirus tests that didn’t work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/world/europe/coronavirus-antibody-test-uk.html

Facing a global scramble for materials, British officials bought millions of unproven kits from China in a gamble that became an embarrassment.

The two Chinese companies were offering a risky proposition: two million home test kits said to detect antibodies for the coronavirus for at least $20m, take it or leave it.

The asking price was high, the technology was unproven and the money had to be paid upfront. And the buyer would be required to pick up the crate loads of test kits from a facility in China.

Why is it the folk we vote in at Westminster to look after us, think nothing of spending our hard earned public money like confetti on all sorts of s**tty projects, but when it comes to the things that really matter, they're as tight as two coats of paint?

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

Agreed , our OAPs should be paid more but unfortunately now even if it’s desirable it will be undeliverable given the state of our finances 

It’s amazing how often the U.K. state can get away with the idea “that now is not the time...”. TBF at least it’s not “ no pension is better than a bad pension”.

It’s less surprising when they find money stuffed down the back of the sofa for their latest war or for a bribe slush fund. 

24 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The UK also paid $20million for Coronavirus tests that didn’t work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/world/europe/coronavirus-antibody-test-uk.html

Facing a global scramble for materials, British officials bought millions of unproven kits from China in a gamble that became an embarrassment.

The two Chinese companies were offering a risky proposition: two million home test kits said to detect antibodies for the coronavirus for at least $20m, take it or leave it.

The asking price was high, the technology was unproven and the money had to be paid upfront. And the buyer would be required to pick up the crate loads of test kits from a facility in China.

Why is it the folk we vote in at Westminster to look after us, think nothing of spending our hard earned public money like confetti on all sorts of s**tty projects, but when it comes to the things that really matter, they're as tight as two coats of paint?

Don’t forget the Turkish surgical gowns, bought from the bazaar in Marmaris. 

3 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

Agreed , our OAPs should be paid more but unfortunately now even if it’s desirable it will be undeliverable given the state of our finances 

It's amazing how governments have no money when it comes to the morally right thing to do, but can magic up trillions for corrupt bankers and endless f**king wars.

20 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

The age rise to 70 and or 75 was a social justice think tank recommendation, the DWP have stated it’s not their policy for this to become law . 

We're 'Better Together'. 

Edited by RAG

34 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Im in that film with Robert.......I tell anyone prepared to listen.....:)

Snap....  in the Chadwick I appear about 6 feet above the crossbar ( insert  your own joke here ) Had it in VHS format until my wife “lost” it somehow 

11 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Snap....  in the Chadwick I appear about 6 feet above the crossbar ( insert  your own joke here ) Had it in VHS format until my wife “lost” it somehow 

What an odd day it was, wasnt it Bonbon! I was up for the UEFA match so stayed for the filming. Remember us getting moved about to make the ground look fuller, then the heavens opened. Still got me programme somewhere.

1 minute ago, Shropshire_killie said:

What an odd day it was, wasnt it Bonbon! I was up for the UEFA match so stayed for the filming. Remember us getting moved about to make the ground look fuller, then the heavens opened. Still got me programme somewhere.

Yes ? Forgot until you reminded me about the rain :) . Iirc it took several takes until fat sally got the perfect goal ? 

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

Yes ? Forgot until you reminded me about the rain :) . Iirc it took several takes until fat sally got the perfect goal ? 

In actual fact they fitted the unexpected downpour fitted into the story well as Kilnockies goalie got injured and they brought the yank in I think. But fat sally was injured at the time genuinely so didnt play! I remember the extra takes tho. Quite interesting actually!

10 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

In actual fact they fitted the unexpected downpour fitted into the story well as Kilnockies goalie got injured and they brought the yank in I think. But fat sally was injured at the time genuinely so didnt play! I remember the extra takes tho. Quite interesting actually!

My memory is going . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 5:37 PM, chubbs said:

They're probably counting a swab of each nostril as two individual tests.

Wasn't far wrong .... twats have admitted counting the nostril swabs and saliva sample from the same person as two tests.

This has inflated the current daily figures by around 20% and this figure was higher before they started counting the tests that were posted out but not returned.  No doubt those will be double counted as well .... one when sent and again when they are returned 

45 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Wasn't far wrong .... twats have admitted counting the nostril swabs and saliva sample from the same person as two tests.

This has inflated the current daily figures by around 20% and this figure was higher before they started counting the tests that were posted out but not returned.  No doubt those will be double counted as well .... one when sent and again when they are returned 

When you see the contortions they have to go through to make their own assessment of their own performance match their own target ( we used to call that being delusional in the old days) who can be surprised that they have failed to meet a commitment to do something real like roll out the track and trace app. Frank Spencer eat your heart out.

An example of things to come ? 

163 people flew into Lanzarote from Madrid today , one passenger , who thought he might have the virus and was waiting for his results was confirmed positive when he arrived 2 and a half hours later . He is now in hospital and everyone one else on that flight , including crew , are now having to do 14 days quarantine . All because of one selfish idiot 

6 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

An example of things to come ? 

163 people flew into Lanzarote from Madrid today , one passenger , who thought he might have the virus and was waiting for his results was confirmed positive when he arrived 2 and a half hours later . He is now in hospital and everyone one else on that flight , including crew , are now having to do 14 days quarantine . All because of one selfish idiot 

I agree..

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Zorro said:

But Carlaw the Tory mouthpiece at Holyrood claims this discharging infected patuents into care homes was all down to Nicola Sturgeon and the wickedly reckless SNP..

And anyway Hancock says the governments response to the virus has been world beating.

Surely shome mishtake.

14 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

But Carlaw the Tory mouthpiece at Holyrood claims this discharging infected patuents into care homes was all down to Nicola Sturgeon and the wickedly reckless SNP..

And anyway Hancock says the governments response to the virus has been world beating.

Surely shome mishtake.

If you go on YouTube there’s also a clip of Carlaw and some Labour duffer complaining about the Scottish governments failure to deal with delayed discharges to free up hospital beds for the predicted pressure on the NHS. He wanted patients discharged earlier.  If nothing else he’s consistent in being inconsistent in what he thinks the Scottish government is at fault for.