Get top 6 then 4th

Ngonge88

Was having a look at fixtures this morning.

If we manage to get top 6, we would be due to be at home to motherwell and celtic, away to rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs.

Does anyone still have a bit of belief we could get 4th n qualify for Europe if we win tonight? Aberdeen are garbage (except against us normally) and I think will fall away.

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

If we manage to get top 6, we would be due to be at home to motherwell and celtic, away to rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs.

Does anyone still have a bit of belief we could get 4th n qualify for Europe if we win tonight? Aberdeen are garbage (except against us normally) and I think will fall away.

That's based on Hibs getting top 6 instead of Livi too.

I think we have the potential to sneak top six, but I disagree about Aberdeen.  I think they'll get Cosgrove scoring again, hit a bit of form and end up third.  Actually think Motherwell are more catchable.  But probably not for us, still not enough depth leading to inability to change things off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I love your optimism dreams can come true.

Obviously want us to finish as high as possible but I would much rather we focus our attentions on getting a good squad and preparation in place for next season. 

This season has been bitterly disappointing with respect to our preparation and the way it panned out. 

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Another close season like last year and we can lose the gates, a victory tonight puts us right in the mix, history and experience does not bode well for Killie fans when we have a great opportunity.

Anyway, no sense in getting into Europe, the way things are going we won’t be allowed to go anywhere.

Is Benidorm open ? We are going next week 

4 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Absolutely not no.

Just one point on two home games v Hibs and Aberdeen when we should have had four.

Can't see us making it to the top six now which is a real shame. A wee bit of investment in January and I've no doubt we would have made it but the manager is having to continually rely on the same very small group of players. 

Edited by historyman

6 hours ago, Fudger said:

Aye we might make an extra few quid out bigger crowds but I’m more concerned about getting players on longer contracts and bringing in some talent for next season. 

You don't see a connection between the extra money and better contracts and players? 

Although admittedly we blew it last summer. 

1 hour ago, Prahakillie said:

You don't see a connection between the extra money and better contracts and players? 

Although admittedly we blew it last summer. 

can’t see it making that much of a difference and yes use last year as an example, best finish and one of the worst pre seasons for recruitment. 

8 hours ago, Fudger said:

Really not that fussed on scraping into the top 6, just don’t see the big appeal. Aye we might make an extra few quid out bigger crowds but I’m more concerned about getting players on longer contracts and bringing in some talent for next season. 

Its also around 100k a league place. 

Finishing higher up will help signing players on longer contracts. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 points is still a lot at this stage. We really would need to win all our games to make top six. If Hibs get 8 points out of Aberdeen away, St Johnstone Home, Hamilton away, Celtic home it doesn't matter what we do.

Need to cheer on our old friends Aberdeen at the weekend and get a result at Hamilton which won't be easy and if that happens just take it until it's mathematically impossible.