Bobby Madden

Shows where the SFA are when their referees only need 10 sessions at 2 hours each to be qualified for top flight spfl games....... albeit you need to work your way through the leagues that’s cringeworthy when you compare it to other leagues.

1 hour ago, DuncD said:

Shows where the SFA are when their referees only need 10 sessions at 2 hours each to be qualified for top flight spfl games....... albeit you need to work your way through the leagues that’s cringeworthy when you compare it to other leagues.

Ten sessions of what?

17 hours ago, DuncD said:

That's not entirely  true - that's so they can ref at any level.

He started at U13.

it's not like they do the course then start in League 2.  They are constantly assessed (no jokes) and plenty never get to SPFL level.

18 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Like the fact when he's getting stick from the crowd he gives it back. 

Agreed. When I played amateur, the best refs tended to be the ones who would interact and give a little back. 

I remember being on the bench once and the ref made a shocking decision, I start giving him verbal about how bad he was. He turns to our sideline, picks me out and says "you're criticising me...? You can't even get a game a for this pish so be quiet ya sub w****r". Whole sideline in hysterics at my expense and the game carried on, attention off the ref and his decision. 

35 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

The guy behind me on Wednesday night constantly berated Bobby Madden throughout the game......no one took it upon themselves to point out it wasn't him refereeing.

I heard a guy constantly shouting at Madden. Quite disrespectful to John Rowbothem I thought.