sheep home, Fred

CB

Tonight was the prime example of what happens when we don't have power in the team. Every time they broke up the park they were able to run straight at our defence who had no protection from the midfield.

For me it is looking like Broadfoot has reached the Boyd stage where he has stayed on for one more season than he can handle, which makes it more baffling that we gave him an 18 month contract.  For my money Del Fabro gives us more options to bring the ball out from the back quicker as well as a better arial presence at set pieces. 

Niko was good going forward tonight bringing the ball down when others were booting it out however defensively he was suspect again. Just a shame that we don't really have anyone who can give him a proper break.

Not the worst performance by a long shot but feels like a defeat.

7 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Your constant harping on makes it seem as if you almost want it to happen so you can say I told you so. 

Not really I’d rather our board conduct a proper recruitment process rather than just give Dyer the job when he’s clearly not the man. However it’s Billy’s baw and he does what he likes.

Edited by Mojike and Bod

Just now, Mojike and Bod said:

Selecting Broadfoot over Del Fabro is ridiculous and the reason why we are conceding daft goals. Dyer had no reason to unsettle the defence but his call. 

I had have Connor Johnson before Broadfoot. 

I've nothing against Broadfoot by the way I just think Johnson is more mobile and a better player with the ball at his feet 

2 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Selecting Broadfoot over Del Fabro is ridiculous and the reason why we are conceding daft goals. Dyer had no reason to unsettle the defence but his call. 

I was against Broadfoots signing and still don’t really want him but I don’t think he has been that bad. Our full backs are so pish at stopping crosses and it was an issue that we should have dealt with in January. 

Poor recruitment has killed us. 

A game of three half hours. We were excellent in the opening half hour and deserved our lead. We were as bad as we were good in the middle half hour and completely fell apart. Then we finished very strongly and were IMO the only team that looked like winning.

All the positives were in the opening and closing thirds. I thought we looked to have a better balance to the side with Kiltie and Burke wide. It just seemed more natural and less obvious how we would attack. In the opening half hour Brophy was superb.

In that middle third I felt Aberdeen tested the referee and roughed us up a bit. We didn’t fight back and they really exploited us in the full back areas. It was sheer stupidity on our part that we were constantly allowing them to get the crosses in and we got what we deserved from that.

Again we looked stretched squad wise. We were dominating towards the end but nothing off the bench to try something different.

Disappointing result given the position we were in in the first half. Delighted we took something from the game as I did fear total capitulation when they equalised. 

1 minute ago, Garvis said:

2 points dropped for me plus the referee shat it the sheep should have finished with nine men. Even wee rat face thought McLennan was getting sent off as he held Anderson back before he came on.

Lewis Ferguson stopped just short of begging the ref to send him off. That and McLennan were the two easiest decisions the ref had to make tonight and he completely bottled it

Until I read this thread, Broadfoots performance didn’t cross my mind. My issue with the goals was the lack of closing the space in wide areas to stop the cross. This is a consistent thing for us. We aren’t good at it. 

Apart from the 30 minute period I thought we were excellent and I do enjoy watching Dyer’s team. We just don’t have anything to change a game and if I’m honest, I’m not sure where the blame lies for that. 

The players have to realise that by putting in less than 100% in matches they are going to lose leads. They clearly haven’t learned from the previous Aberdeen match. It’s schoolboy at times and they have to be held accountable as its basic errors 

31 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

just give Dyer the job when he’s clearly not the man. 

I don't think there's anything clear about it either way. It's all up in the air. I'm seeing lots of good things, and lots of poor things. It's hard to gauge him when our recruitment has beenso poor. If you told me after St Mirren he clearly wasn't the man for the job I'd have agreed. Now, we're doing ok without getting over the line. Frustrating as f**k. 

23 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Supposed to be 30 secs added for a goal and also substitutions. 

"Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all time lost in that half through:

• substitutions

• assessment and/or removal of injured players

• wasting time

• disciplinary sanctions

• medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)

• delays relating to VAR ‘checks’ and ‘reviews’

• any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

The referee must not compensate for a timekeeping error during the first half by changing the length of the second half.

Many stoppages in play are entirely natural (e.g. throw-ins, goal kicks). An allowance is made only when delays are excessive."

Edited by skygod