sheep home, Fred

CB

1 minute ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I don't think there's anything clear about it either way. It's all up in the air. I'm seeing lots of good things, and lots of poor things. It's hard to gauge him when our recruitment has beenso poor. If you told me after St Mirren he clearly wasn't the man for the job I'd have agreed. Now, we're doing ok without getting over the line. Frustrating as f**k. 

Your last line sums it up.

I really don’t know where we are under Dyer. When we are good we have been very good but we have some horrific moments in us. St Mirren away, St Johnstone away, moments in the cup game, half an hour tonight.

I'd like to be in a position to know if he wants the job now though. His pre match stuff again he gives nothing. He talks about the club being the most important thing but seems set in keeping everything uncertain until the summer.

21 minutes ago, piffer said:

Lewis Ferguson stopped just short of begging the ref to send him off. That and McLennan were the two easiest decisions the ref had to make tonight and he completely bottled it

Two clear yellows especially the second given that Kiltie was lining up to shoot. Abysmal refeering that we have come to expect. All the more annoying given that Power got two of the softest yellow cards you will ever see against Celtic. 

21 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Better team for 60mins and should have won. Give Greg Kiltie a new contract now. 

Wonderful piece of skill to set him up for the shot when he scored. Only Burke in our team has that touch. We should offer him a contract - we’ve seen evidence of that skill in tue past few games.  The potential is still there and his fitness looks good. A real positive amongst recent disappointments.

Thought we were the far better team for most of the game and definitely deserved the 3 points. Lewis made some cracking saves for them and Larry didn’t really have too much to do. 

It’s frustrating that we aren’t getting the results that the performances deserve but there are definitely encouraging signs there. Kiltie was excellent as the game wore on and was getting in some cracking positions. By all accounts Niko should have closed down the man quicker for their first goal but I thought he had a really good game apart from that.

Lot of positives again but gutting not to get the deserved win.......we paid for a poor spell and dropping too deep...allowing them too much time on the ball , when we were on the front foot we dominated the game 

since we went to a front 2 we are creating far more chances and have a more up tempo style than we saw under AA.......but it needs to be turned into wins ....

the poor January and summer window again is costing us as AD has little options to change things during games ..and he also has to stick with any underperforming players too 

Really enjoyed the 60 minutes where we dominated. Was great to see Kiltie drifting into space all over the park and dragging defenders all over the place. I thought he had a wonderful game. Yet again Kabamba got bullied out of it. Kept trying and it's good to have as an option but he's not physical enough and his first touch at times was terrible. 

Not doubt we should have won the game but if you don't stop crosses coming in then you are asking for trouble. You can't complain if a full back gets beaten by a nice piece of skill, that happens, but our full backs were beaten far too easily for both goals.  It was a shame because the players never gave up and got themselves back into after losing the two goals.  As has been said earlier when we needed a sub to go for it in the last 15 mins or so we really didn't have an option we could rely on.  

It was an adventurous attacking line up and I'm beginning to warm to the idea that Dyer is worth a shot. I never thought I would ever say that after St Mirren but he got his team spot on tonight

Appalled by that tonight, we basically threw it away again, For the whole game we were by far the better team bar 15 mins before and after half time. Apart from their goals they created nothing. We should easily have won that and once again it was our own making. It feels like a defeat I must say. Our record against Aberdeen, bigger budget aside is unacceptable. I could be wrong but in the last two or three seasons we must be the only premiership team not to have beaten them.

Yes it is a point but I really couldn't clap the players off after that one.

2 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Appalled by that tonight, we basically threw it away again, For the whole game we were by far the better team bar 15 mins before and after half time. Apart from their goals they created nothing. We should easily have won that and once again it was our own making. It feels like a defeat I must say. Our record against Aberdeen, bigger budget aside is unacceptable. I could be wrong but in the last two or three seasons we must be the only premiership team not to have beaten them.

Completely agree with this. 

With a 2-0 lead we should have ran over the top of that lot and sent them home with their tails between their legs. The players shouldn't have needed any motivating or incentive for that tonight, least of all they should have made it up to the fans for the cup defeat. 

Just now, Ayrshire Killie said:

Scored in the cup game. Tonight it was his Knock on for Brophy to run on to when he hit the post. Set up Brophy for the shot that Lewis saved well. Not perfect but he’s a big part of the team’s transformation and a vital player. Great signing. Let’s not start to get on his back.

Kabamba is playing a huge part in our goal threat turnaround since Christmas.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

Scored in the cup game. Tonight it was his Knock on for Brophy to run on to when he hit the post. Set up Brophy for the shot that Lewis saved well. Not perfect but he’s a big part of the team’s transformation and a vital player. Great signing. Let’s not start to get on his back.

There are some things that he does, but not many. He scored a tap in during the cup game. He runs about half the time like a headless chicken, a lot of the time is out of position and can't challenge in the air, and when he is in position is easily muscled out of it. Looks easily intimidated by defenders and jogs around like out for a Sunday stroll. If you don't believe me watch him the next time when we get the ball and are on the break

2 minutes ago, stewartonpie said:

There are some things that he does, but not many. He scored a tap in during the cup game. He runs about half the time like a headless chicken, a lot of the time is out of position and can't challenge in the air, and when he is in position is easily muscled out of it. Looks easily intimidated by defenders and jogs around like out for a Sunday stroll. If you don't believe me watch him the next time when we get the ball and are on the break

He’s also scored four times since arriving from non league football. 

2 minutes ago, stewartonpie said:

Yes you are right and I was quite excited at first...……..Do you honestly think that he was great tonight / in the cup game / vs Hibs?

What I’m saying is he is bringing something to the team in attack - even if he’s not playing brilliantly all the time. And tap ins count the same as every other goal. 

Kabamba has been a great signing, transformed Brophy. He’s up there as foil for brophy and generally it’s working. That said I don’t think he had a good game tonight. 

sadky he seems to be another hate figure for our fans though, personal favourite in the FB tonight was “ya big awkward skinny bastard ye”.....to our own player...could’ve been worse I suppose! 

36 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

So we were the better team for two thirds of the game..........

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Probably the lowest home attendance of the season (Killie fans), yet an attractive match, season tickets valid, best weather in a while.......strange one.

Agreed. I thought the crowd was pretty disappointing. 

only thing I would say is the winter break is seeming a bit pointless with all these midweek games squeezed in now.
also I don’t know about others but in my group we take the kids every Saturday but we never take them to the run of the mill midweek games as it’s too late for them getting home, all under 7. 

Such a frustrating game. Seems like we just don’t want to beat that team. Played really well for most of the game, but decided to let them dictate things for some reason either side of halftime and it cost us dear. As with the cup game we only have ourselves to blame. Lots of really good performances, but it feels a bit like a defeat. Mcinnes talked utter pish after the game too, don’t know what game he was watching.