Derek McInnes

Stuart

The higher your profile the more you get away with.

After every foul the Dons player stays down, suggesting the challenge is worse than it actually was.

This has to be coached.

Add the melee that ensues as players gravitate to the incident then you can see the pressure that the ref is put under to take some action.

This is also coached (the keeper too makes sure he takes a turn, after all it is a team game).

So unless the officials stand up to these tactics - see point 1 - Aberdeen (also Infirm, Naismith etc) get a distinct advantage. Whereas Power, Dicker, Ross County  etc rarely get the benefit of the doubt re. bookings

Why would they change if it continues to brings them success?

4 hours ago, rm0199 said:

Having just watched the highlights again, I am led to wonder what schooling was like back in the day when McInnes was growing up, claiming that the ball hit the defender on the back. His definition of back is very different to the one I have...

Chick Young was  Sportsound VAR correspondent (watching Sevco games cos they'll no go in) said after match McInnes had a point. Unbelievable! 

13 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

The higher your profile the more you get away with.

After every foul the Dons player stays down, suggesting the challenge is worse than it actually was.

This has to be coached.

Add the melee that ensues as players gravitate to the incident then you can see the pressure that the ref is put under to take some action.

This is also coached (the keeper too makes sure he takes a turn, after all it is a team game).

So unless the officials stand up to these tactics - see point 1 - Aberdeen (also Infirm, Naismith etc) get a distinct advantage. Whereas Power, Dicker, Ross County  etc rarely get the benefit of the doubt re. bookings

Why would they change if it continues to brings them success?

It worked for Ferguson when he had Miller, McLeish, and Strachan refereeing games. Refs. knew they were going to challenge every decision. To be fair it broke the Celtic Rangers dominance so it was a valid tactic, now they just don't have the players to employ it successfully. At times we are naive though, taking the player out gets you a yellow card if you keep doing it, but it also stops the attack before it gets in the box. Neither of our full backs are particularly good at tackling and without Power and El Makrini our midfield lacked bite on Wednesday. 

I wish he was our manager, consistently has his team in top four, cup runs and is able to influence officials in order to gain results. 
He got Cosgrove from Carlisle, we got Dicker.

He got Ferguson from Accies, we got Brophy.

He has Matthew Kennedy playing the way we know he can.

Only SC can get a tune out of Greg Stewart, but still McInnes managed to talk him into going there.

Seriously I would take him in a minute if the sheep decided to offload him.

4 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I wish he was our manager, consistently has his team in top four, cup runs and is able to influence officials in order to gain results. 

Only SC can get a tune out of Greg Stewart, but still McInnes managed to talk him into going there.

It has little to do with McInnes's skill and more to do with his budget and the wages they pay. He has wrecked players by not recognising their strengths, Greg Stewart is a great example.

43 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Having the third highest budget in the league might be the reason he got the players you mentioned...

47 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

His team are horrible to watch

54 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I’m not sure this is the persuasive argument you think it is.

Almost everything you credit him for, apart from getting Cosgrove, is down to having a comparatively huge budget and using it to flat track bully the smaller teams.

And for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t even consider swapping Brophy for Ferguson. We did well to get him.

Edited by NorfolkG

1 hour ago, Big sexy said:

His team are horrible to watch

Honestly? Is that your reason not to have him as manager? Let me say this, if I were to promise you Europe every year, third or at worst fourth in the league regularly and cup runs, are you telling me you would rather we played Alex Dyers pretty football but were throwing away points like confetti ? 

17 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Honestly? Is that your reason not to have him as manager? Let me say this, if I were to promise you Europe every year, third or at worst fourth in the league regularly and cup runs, are you telling me you would rather we played Alex Dyers pretty football but were throwing away points like confetti ? 

Fair point wont argue with that .but at same time aberdeen fans seem desperate to get rid of him there basically hamilton with a bigger budget

As much as I can't stand him or his tactics, they get him points and results. 

If Dyer reacted with even half the amateur dramatics that Mcinnes does, the Hamilton player would have seen a straight red for that lunge on SoD on the touchline yesterday. 

I've said this a few times, but we need to start matching other teams s**thousery - we're being bullied and "cheated" off the park by teams like Aberdeen/Hearts/Hamilton. 

Edited by jesper

Just now, jesper said:

As much as I can't stand him or his tactics, they get him points and results. 

If Dyer reacted with even half the amateur dramatics that Mcinnes does on that lunch on SoD on the touchline, the Hamilton player would have seen straight red. 

I've said this a few times, but we need to start matching other teams s**thousery - we're being bullied and "cheated" off the park by teams like Aberdeen/Hearts/Hamilton. 

Couldn’t agree more. If we played like McInnes Aberdeen we would likely be looking forward to europa league draw to avenge last season. I understand why folk don’t like him as a person but he’s effective