Sat 4th April biggest game of the season ?

Killiekranky

Fixture list has thrown up a storming final pre split fixture this season. Kilmarnock v Livi on 4th of April could be winner takes all decider for a top six place this season.

Now would be the ideal time to start selling it, reduced prices, season ticket holders bring a friend for free, free kids tickets and heavily promote a mini season ticket for the post split tickets.

Probably need 7 out of the next 9 points to set it up but that's certainly possible.

How many more times will we say this is a must win game , Its every week now since the turn of the year. We don't have the Squad. Last nights bench is a perfect example , Only Del Fabro that could have came on. The others are filling spaces on the bench. I hope when the split arrives some of these players get game time.

Good luck trying to promote a Killie v. Livingston match a month in advance! 

Too much can happen between now and then - it could be Hibs we need to catch, for example. 

As others say though, it’s likely to be meaningless because we are not good enough at present to get the points we need. Ten points from four matches? I can’t see it. 

More than Top Six, it’s important that we sort ourselves out for next season. Manager, players in, players out. 

We will have failed this season because of what happened last summer. 

The fact the board won’t mention it, let alone accept it, doesn't reassure me that we have learned a lesson.   

By the way, Livingston deserve to be in the Top Six. They have had a fantastic season and they don't get the credit they deserve. 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBH, any chance of top six/European push went out the window when we lost 7 on the spin.

This, and when the Board and JF decided to muddle through till the end of the season and start again. Two of any four of Bachman, Stewart, Mulumbu or Jones quality would almost certainly have turned some losses into draws and draws into wins. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

This, and when the Board and JF decided to muddle through till the end of the season and start again. Two of any four of Bachman, Stewart, Mulumbu or Jones quality would almost certainly have turned some losses into draws and draws into wins. 

I know we tried to get Bachmann and Mulumbu.

Watford said no and Mulumbu wasn't interested.

I'd not have touched Jones with a bargepole.

As SH says I will be amazed if this game is anything but a dead rubber.  Livi (with their manager who Bowie thinks is not good enough for us...) will have top 6 wrapped up by then.  With our threadbare squad I will be surprised if we pick up enough points to stay in the mix.  Saturday is crucial to retain any hope and also stop us getting dragged into a relegation battle if we lose - Accies would only be 6 behind us,.

With all due respect to the players sat on it, our bench last night was a joke and the board should hang their heads in shame letting the squad get into this state after last season.

12 hours ago, skygod said:

Good luck trying to promote a Killie v. Livingston match a month in advance! 

Too much can happen between now and then - it could be Hibs we need to catch, for example. 

As others say though, it’s likely to be meaningless because we are not good enough at present to get the points we need. Ten points from four matches? I can’t see it. 

More than Top Six, it’s important that we sort ourselves out for next season. Manager, players in, players out. 

We will have failed this season because of what happened last summer. 

The fact the board won’t mention it, let alone accept it, doesn't reassure me that we have learned a lesson.   

By the way, Livingston deserve to be in the Top Six. They have had a fantastic season and they don't get the credit they deserve. 

Well said .

On 3/5/2020 at 9:06 PM, PrestersKtid said:

Image result for office close door gif

The Connahs Quay game was Killie's first in European competition for almost 20 years. 

If we had won, not only would we have had a trip to Belgrade, but we would have been three games away from playing Man Utd and AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.