Eammon Brophy

Ayrshire Killie

He's now the second highest Scottish scorer in the SPL over the past three seasons. Only Forrest has scored more (and only 2 more, so Brophy may pass him soon).

Not bad for someone many were writing off before Christmas. I thought he was outstanding last night and is very much back to his best. The shape of the team and the introduction of Kabamba clearly suit him, and we know from the first half of the season what he can't do, but let's celebrate what he can. Skill, strength and attitude.

It would be great to try and tie him into a deal with a release clause. I guess certainty around a manager might help that, but if he continues his current game a goal strike rate he's likely to be off in the summer. Very difficult to replace.

Edited by Ayrshire Killie

2 hours ago, Bbk said:

Hopefully we can extend his stay with us but I get the feeling some clubs will be sniffing around for him next season and dare I say that may even include the dreaded mr mcinnes.

There will be clubs looking at him and we have to sell him, we really can't afford another JJ situation. I would be very surprised if there aren't bigger clubs than Aberdeen wanting to sign him.