Hamilton

gdevoy

This is an "auld classic" I know but I plan to go on Saturday assuming they will take my money at the gate. I know I am "jist an auld git", it's a chronic progressive condition with no cure.

Can anybody confirm they huvenae done a "Livi" and it will take me 2 hours on their website to get an e-ticket or anything daft like that?

10 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

I don't think we're in much of a position to criticise other teams. 

Considering Hamilton has a larger population than us, i think we can criticise it all we want. Blame their proximity to Glasgow but Motherwell's numbers aren't as bad as Accies.

Edited by KennyH80

2 minutes ago, KennyH80 said:

Considering Hamilton has a larger population than us, i think we can criticise it all we want. Blame their proximity to Glasgow but Motherwell's numbers aren't as bad as Accies.

Starting to sound like OF entitlement criticising the support of whoever we regard as diddy teams. 

36 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Starting to sound like OF entitlement criticising the support of whoever we regard as diddy teams. 

Spot on. I’ve argued this for years when our fans start slagging clubs like Hamilton. The reality is they are a small club by Premiership standards - people need to get over it.

1 hour ago, gordon4418 said:

I know the club have been guilty in the past of making info like this tricky (but not impossible) to find.

But the club website does have this on the front page:

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/ticket-information-hamilton-a/

Cheers but that's why I posted here first. Somebody on here can usually cut to the chase. I don't find the club site very "user friendlly" and only go there as a last resort.

2 hours ago, KennyH80 said:

I think being out of Hamilton for nigh on 10 years killed their support.

My memories of old Douglas park suggest it was no different to cappielow or brockville etc for attendances.

Strange how some supports for smaller clubs have really dwindled over the years and some are still healthy.

I would say Morton , Ayr , QoS , Raith all had bigger support 20 years ago . Yet Falkirk , Pars, Dundee and Thistle are pretty good when you think that no top teir football for years....execpt Dundee last year.

1 hour ago, Bigdaw said:

Strange how some supports for smaller clubs have really dwindled over the years and some are still healthy.

I would say Morton , Ayr , QoS , Raith all had bigger support 20 years ago . Yet Falkirk , Pars, Dundee and Thistle are pretty good when you think that no top teir football for years....execpt Dundee last year.

Not just senior clubs that crowds are dwindling juniors r also 

Some places are footballing towns and some just aren't. There's also the issue of close proximity to bigger clubs. No coincidence that Bury went and nearby Oldham are in deep trouble. 

Down here Harrogate are on the brink of league status but it isn't and never has been a football town. Don't think it can buck the trend long term especially as when I went on half the crowd were following Leeds games. 

Maybe Killie is just far enough away from Glasgow and thankfully offers something distinct from those clubs? It also has a decent catchment area and a great tradition. Needs to work hard at keeping and attracting new support but seems to be doing better on that side of things these days. 

Don't agree with those who are sympathetic to Hamilton really don't like them at all but fair play to them for surviving. Would prefer a Falkirk, Morton or Dunfermline (maybe even Partick) in the top league but those clubs don't seem to be progressing quite the reverse. 

19 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Agreed. Nothing but respect for folk that have stuck with Acccies for years and years of that dross 

It’s certainly not the time to slag off the Accies. Loved to see them dump Sevco at Ibrox. Would have been a wonderful night for the small number of their fans who made the trip. 

21 hours ago, red_dug said:

I think being out of Hamilton for nigh on 10 years killed their support.

My memories of old Douglas park suggest it was no different to cappielow or brockville etc for attendances.

FWIW The Tommy Burns Douglas Park gig many moons ago, when he was being considered as manager,  was a superb Killie memory. 

2 minutes ago, BILL97 said:

FWIW The Tommy Burns Douglas Park gig many moons ago, when he was being considered as manager,  was a superb Killie memory. 

Was that the one that the fans chanted his name for the whole game, and basically cemented his place as manager?