Ayr Utd worth £8.6m to local economy.

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

No, I know it isn't. Surprised to hear that, don't really know about the walking football side of things but I thought our football memories set-up was pretty good. 

Yeh, my old man sponsors quite a bit through the Fair Trade movement. I'm sure him and Grant from the community coaching team were at the Scottish Parliament recently to get recognised for the work they do. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

No, I know it isn't. Surprised to hear that, don't really know about the walking football side of things but I thought our football memories set-up was pretty good. 

They’ve got a very big WF set up at Pro Soccer in Ayr. But they’ve also promoted it in Maybole, Prestwick, Troon, Girvan and Cumnock. 

8 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I have a good few mates that are involved with the Ayr United Football Academy, and I can tell you they are way ahead of us with reaching out to the smaller communities with stuff like walking football, football memories etc. Their walking football set up is probably about ten times bigger. 

Reaching out to the communities was good under the Kenny Shiels era. Certainly from what you are saying Killie could be doing much more in that respect.

On 1 April 2020 at 5:17 PM, Mclean07 said:

They’ve got a very big WF set up at Pro Soccer in Ayr. But they’ve also promoted it in Maybole, Prestwick, Troon, Girvan and Cumnock. 

My cousin and husband (Cumnock) opted for their son to sign for them instead of Killie a few years back - was still MJ era so our investment/resources were probably poorer then, but I would have hoped we were in a better position now.

9 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

My cousin and husband (Cumnock) opted for their son to sign for them instead of Killie a few years back - was still MJ era so our investment/resources were probably poorer then, but I would have hoped we were in a better position now.

I’m hoping you didn’t marry your cousin, unless you’re a minister or celebrant of course!? :S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...