AD has a problem for Hamilton

KillkieBoab

26 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

How did the goalkeeper get included in this criticism?

2nd goal, Kennedy did well to get the cross in and O'Donnell could have done better, but if it was at the other end do you think Lewis would have stayed glued to his line? I don't and any half decent keeper would have collected the cross without a fuss IMO.

Just as Kabamba in the team has enabled Brophy to do his best work with a partner, so it is with Power and Dicker. 

Power in the team enables Dicker to sit deeper and protect the back four. His strength is his positional sense which compensates for his lack of pace. There is less onus on him to get further forward, which minimises the risk of getting caught upfield if we lose possession. Power does the midfield ball winning so well. 

While Kiltie and McKenzie have their respective merits, Kiltie has a creative edge. 

43 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

2nd goal, Kennedy did well to get the cross in and O'Donnell could have done better, but if it was at the other end do you think Lewis would have stayed glued to his line? I don't and any half decent keeper would have collected the cross without a fuss IMO.

I disagree.

As a 'keeper for over twenty years, my opinion is that that cross was not one Branescu could have come for. He was at the front post (correctly) when Kennedy sent his, fairly low, cross onto the centre of the six yard line and, not for the first time, our central defenders were second best. The goal though came from our failure to stop the cross being delivered.

13 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

I disagree.

As a 'keeper for over twenty years, my opinion is that that cross was not one Branescu could have come for. He was at the front post (correctly) when Kennedy sent his, fairly low, cross onto the centre of the six yard line and, not for the first time, our central defenders were second best. The goal though came from our failure to stop the cross being delivered.

And he was still at the front post when the ball reached the six yard box.

O'Donnell could have stopped the cross but no defender can expect to win every battle against a good winger.

Burke stood off Kennedy and forced him down the line into a more dangerous position.

Kiltie did not track back.

Broadfoot was covering space that Dicker had covered.

Findlay did his job with Main.

Hamalainan was always going to come off 2nd best against McLennan's momemtum, not much he could do, not his fault.

So yes others could have done better however I'll agree to differ, in my opinion it is a keeper's ball.

33 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

And he was still at the front post when the ball reached the six yard box.

O'Donnell could have stopped the cross but no defender can expect to win every battle against a good winger.

Burke stood off Kennedy and forced him down the line into a more dangerous position.

Kiltie did not track back.

Broadfoot was covering space that Dicker had covered.

Findlay did his job with Main.

Hamalainan was always going to come off 2nd best against McLennan's momemtum, not much he could do, not his fault.

So yes others could have done better however I'll agree to differ, in my opinion it is a keeper's ball.

SoD could have fouled Kennedy, I'm sure an Aberdeen player would have done in the same position. 

Both Aberdeen goals came from players being unmarked and our defenders taking up “General” positions. I understand an automatic reaction is to guard the front post but we didn’t need Dicker and Broadfoot a few yards from each other with no Aberdeen player near them. Space doesn’t score goals, players do. 

Agree that the crosses were let in far too easy as well so hopefully the defence do the basics better tomorrow 

I wasnt at the game on Wednesday, But...

The issue with dropping Dicker is that when we have the ball, he drops back to create a back 3 allowing the full backs to go forward, if you remove that, the  either the fullbacks dont attack, or we risk getting caught on the counter. 

Power dosent suit that role, his game is winning the ball, breaking up the play and I think he is soo important to the team and a better player than Dicker as well as alot more vocal. Probably should have the armband. 

On that note, I noticed it in the cup game, Dicker never says anything to the ref, dosent complain etc, and while this can be a good thing, I think it shows that we can be pushed over, he needs to tell the ref when he's wrong, have a conversation and find out why a decison has been given. 

16 hours ago, CBFC said:

I would rest GD. Got caught a few times in possession on Wednesday and gave away the ball needlessly a couple of times. I think on the bench, he is an option when we need to close the game down if we are 2 up with 10 or 15 minutes to play.

Aye because we are good at closing games out .