Hamilton away, Fred

CB

I'm not going to jump on the Dicker-hating bandwagon that seems to be gaining momentum, he's done well for us over the past few seasons. But... 

I don't think being club captain exempts you from being dropped. He's not playing well just now and if it was any other player, they would be dropped. We have a more than able (actually, a bloody fantastic) player in Power to take the reins in midfield. Let's give El Mak a game and see what happens.

1 minute ago, jesper said:

I'm not going to jump on the Dicker-hating bandwagon that seems to be gaining momentum, he's done well for us over the past few seasons. But... 

I don't think being club captain exempts you from being dropped. He's not playing well just now and if it was any other player, they would be dropped. We have a more than able (actually, a bloody fantastic) player in Power to take the reins in midfield. Let's give El Mak a game and see what happens.

He’s a terrible captain. Power would be a far better option at the moment, or even Burke since he’s the most experienced and always gives us 110%. 

• CB unpinned this topic

One of the worst games ....yes was awful conditions but the lack of skill and creativity throughout the team was awful...we relied on set pieces to even work the keeper 

Has been said so often , when Burke is not on his A game we have very little else in terms of genuine consistent creativity in this team and squad ......was crying out for a creative better midfielder to be signed last summer , we brought in another defensive midfielder .......we needed to find one in January and we got....more excuses about deals not working out...

And then we have a Manager who does not seem able to react to events in games or find something different even with those limited options on the bench .

40 minutes ago, jesper said:

As much as I want Gary to be Killie manager, why on earth would he take it? 

The worst thing that would happen is we don't get our s**t sorted out behind the scenes and somehow convince him to take it, and fans start calling for his head the same as is happening to AD. 

We seem lost, we need to stop pissing about spending time planning memorial gardens and other non-important s**te and start focusing on finding a manager/getting players found and/or re-signed for next season. 

That was dreadful today. 

This.

44 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

Beginning to suspect the dressing is being controlled by Dicker and Broadfoot. If so time for both of them to be shown the door.

A strong manager when AA left would have parked Dicker on the bench for a couple of games. Right or wrong about Alessio’s time in charge he was out of order on more than one occasion.

I don’t like him as a captain as I’ve said on here many times. To quiet for me. I don’t like him in a two either. He was dropped plenty by Clarke when playing a two but Dyer doesn’t have the balls to drop him.

Broadfoot was trouble before he left so why bring him back. Del Fabro has done nothing to deserve his spell on the sidelines while Broadfoot hasn’t done much to walk into the team

58 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

staring playoffs in face big time

My big worry. I think it was under AJ we went on and on about top six this and top six that. At no point was it recognised what was going on behind us. Was that the season we beat Hibs on the last day to avoid the playoffs.

Its not what people want to hear but priorities always start with avoid relegation, then the playoff, then fight for top six and see what you can do when you get there. This league has shown us many times no one is too good to go down.

Totally fed up how we  continually find new ways to f**k up ! Dominated games at home to Hibs,Aberdeen twice and now today but zero wins ,we are punchless up front with no creativity and always liab!e to give something away defensively, love big Findlay to bits but hes now cost us against CQN ,Aberdeen cup game and now today.

Consistency is a huge part of the game, if we demand that the manager/players/board get changed every time we get a bad run of results then things just go from bad to worse. We've not played too badly recently but results are not coming our way and individual errors have cost us as well. The summer was a disaster, we lost too many key staff and were ill-prepared to replace them. That was down to the board of course, but they should never have given in to player and fan power and sacked Alessio. The fans are already trying to get them to sack the interim manager as well, like that's going to do any good at this stage, that's frustration and anger talking, quite understandable but will only make things worse for us. I'm as downbeat and angry as everyone else but you have to be pragmatic about the situation we find ourselves in as you can't change the past no matter how often we go on and on and on about it. There wasn't much available in the last window and Dyer chose not just to add bodies for the sake of it, it would only compound our problems, we have to stick together and get to the end of the season in one piece, success now is finishing above the bottom two places and the board have to be assessing what will happen in the summer right now. I have my doubts about Dyer, leaving subs too late, Broadfoot over DDF, Kiltie not starting when we are crying out for a goal scoring midfielder, Dicker remaining captain, but I refuse to pillory him based on whether his hands are in his pockets or not and will support him and his team as long as they representing our club. That's not blind faith, that's just what fans do.

In a Season of disappointments , That was disappointing. Never looked like we were up for the scrap , Hamilton were fighting for every ball. No creativity , Everything was down the flanks as usual and Hamilton central defenders had no problems dealing with the crosses. Far to much long ball , I know Kabamba is 6.3 but everyone can see he is not great in the air.

Love to know why Kiltie was dropped, After a very good performance moidweek.

Love to know why Dicker get into the side when his form is poor. Today he had very little impact.

We don't deserve  top six.

BTW , Hamilton have a couple of players who could really do a job for us.....Right back , Bauld guy no 13 and Smith on the right wing.....Also though n0 25 the one every killie player was trying to get sent off , looked ok.

24 minutes ago, piffer said:

A strong manager when AA left would have parked Dicker on the bench for a couple of games. Right or wrong about Alessio’s time in charge he was out of order on more than one occasion.

I don’t like him as a captain as I’ve said on here many times. To quiet for me. I don’t like him in a two either. He was dropped plenty by Clarke when playing a two but Dyer doesn’t have the balls to drop him.

Broadfoot was trouble before he left so why bring him back. Del Fabro has done nothing to deserve his spell on the sidelines while Broadfoot hasn’t done much to walk into the team

Agree with this, JF stated they wanted a younger squad then re-signs Broadfoot, Del Fabro should partner Findlay and try and get him signed for next season. The only change today should have been Power for Dicker. Smacks of the auld pals together bit.

In context Hamilton had only won 5 League games all season before today (one of them obviously against us), which shows how disappointing the result is.

Not sure we are 'staring the play-offs in the face' quite yet though, although points are badly needed. Beat St.Mirren next week, and we are back to probably a 9 point cushion on them....they also have to play Rangers and County (away) pre-split which is not easy.

Hearts meanwhile have an atrocious manager, operating with the 4th biggest budget in the League, despite which he has managed 5 wins out of 15 games...every time they look like turning a corner, they take a step back, so they are really in the mire.

St,Mirren is clearly a massive game now and arguably our biggest of the season....its in the must win category thats for sure.