Hamilton away, Fred

CB

37 minutes ago, Monty97 said:

Consistency is a huge part of the game, if we demand that the manager/players/board get changed every time we get a bad run of results then things just go from bad to worse. We've not played too badly recently but results are not coming our way and individual errors have cost us as well. The summer was a disaster, we lost too many key staff and were ill-prepared to replace them. That was down to the board of course, but they should never have given in to player and fan power and sacked Alessio. The fans are already trying to get them to sack the interim manager as well, like that's going to do any good at this stage, that's frustration and anger talking, quite understandable but will only make things worse for us. I'm as downbeat and angry as everyone else but you have to be pragmatic about the situation we find ourselves in as you can't change the past no matter how often we go on and on and on about it. There wasn't much available in the last window and Dyer chose not just to add bodies for the sake of it, it would only compound our problems, we have to stick together and get to the end of the season in one piece, success now is finishing above the bottom two places and the board have to be assessing what will happen in the summer right now. I have my doubts about Dyer, leaving subs too late, Broadfoot over DDF, Kiltie not starting when we are crying out for a goal scoring midfielder, Dicker remaining captain, but I refuse to pillory him based on whether his hands are in his pockets or not and will support him and his team as long as they representing our club. That's not blind faith, that's just what fans do.

I wasn't aware that fan power had any sway in Alessio being sacked, most of the people that I spoke to were shocked that he was sacked with no apparent reason other than Broadfoot's comments and rumours of player unrest. Likewise, the fact that Bowie backed AD to become permanent manager before knowing how the season pans out was surprising to most of us and opened the door for the kind of comments being posted today. If Bowie does want Dyer to get the job he could have kept his thoughts to himself without adding to the pressure on an inexperienced manager. Unless results improve before the end of the season then it's only the lack of an outstanding candidate and the finance to attract them that would keep AD in the job as far as I'm concerned. 

16 minutes ago, Ktid1869 said:

I thought he did well today, a few good  overlapping runs and defensively solid. Probably subbed due to match fitness but did well.

difficult to judge in one game , I thought he played very safe, A lot of simple passes the findlay and Dicker , But his forward passing was not great. Does not look very quick, He was out of position a few times. Couple of tackles which he won. one or two okay crosses.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Unless results improve before the end of the season then it's only the lack of an outstanding candidate and the finance to attract them that would keep AD in the job as far as I'm concerned. 

There was an outstanding candidate even before Alliso was appointed  and he wouldn't have cost anymore than the present manager or Allessio .The present manager  of Livvy 

Edited by Killiepies

Once again only ourselves to blame. That’s 5 points we should have had chucked down the drain this week. Didn’t actually think we played badly at all, but we were rotten in the final third. Final ball was so poor and I never felt confident we were going to score.

Agreed with Dyer saying the players were unprofessional - I could have forgiven us drawing the game as Accies are always tough, but losing it in that manner against 10 men is unforgivable. We seem to have totally lost the ability to manage games properly, which we were so good at previously. Massive game next week now - lose and we are back in serious danger.

Edited by killie89

10 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Hibs , Aberdeen and Hamilton are all games were the forums have been full of " This is a must win game"  and not a win from any of them. 

....... if we wanted to secure top 6 football....... present squad and management team are not good enough to achieve this imho.

3 hours ago, cdj said:

....... if we wanted to secure top 6 football....... present squad and management team are not good enough to achieve this imho.

I think the biggest issue is that we do not have a squad. It's been obvious since the summer,certain positions not filled and was no addressed in January either.

When you look at the bench in some games there is nothing there that looks as if it could change a game.

Last season was the perfect example to kick on, europe, finishing in third should have gave killie an edge to bring in/attract better players but the club stood still. 

8 games left. St Mirren, Motherwell, Livingston, then a combination of home/away to hearts , Hamilton, st John's, st mirren and county. At best it will be four home games. Probably looking at winning minimum 3 home games or all four to keep away from bottom 2. Can we confidently say that's going to happen ???

28 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

8 games left. St Mirren, Motherwell, Livingston, then a combination of home/away to hearts , Hamilton, st John's, st mirren and county. At best it will be four home games. Probably looking at winning minimum 3 home games or all four to keep away from bottom 2. Can we confidently say that's going to happen ???

I didn’t think it was unreasonable for us to go unbeaten after the Aberdeen game last week. Not expecting us to win every game but we should have had enough about us to avoid defeat. I don’t think that’s the case now. I’m not convinced the players the players have the hunger or desire in them to do it. God help us if we get drawn into the dog fight.