Dyer - fraud

Killie lad

6 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Absolutely no way that someone like Dyer should be called a fraud. He stepped up and took the job when he clearly didn't want it, and is doing what he can. He's the last person I blame in this debacle.

If he didn’t want the job then he shouldn’t have taken it. Taking it without wanting it isn’t helping it. Why didn’t he want it? Didn’t think he’s got it in him? That kind of thing transfers to the squad pretty quickly. Dyer deserves plenty of criticism for where we are. Labelling him a fraud is going too far but he has to shoulder plenty of responsibility.

1 minute ago, piffer said:

If he didn’t want the job then he shouldn’t have taken it. Taking it without wanting it isn’t helping it. Why didn’t he want it? Didn’t think he’s got it in him? That kind of thing transfers to the squad pretty quickly. Dyer deserves plenty of criticism for where we are. Labelling him a fraud is going too far but he has to shoulder plenty of responsibility.

I wouldn't absolve him of any blame. But it was pretty clear the club had no plan in place to replace Alessio, they leaned heavily on Dyer as a result. Perhaps a decision he will regret in the future

Given the transfer window shambles it was apparent that AD's remit was to keep us above the bottom 2 places in the League, rather than secure a top half finish.  If there had been a serious aim for top 6 we would surely have brought in more players. The idea of 'just get to the end of the season and make do', comes from the boardroom. 

We don't know how many players AD 'knocked back' in January from Fowler's suggestions, nor do we know if AD suggested targets which weren't either followed up, or chose not to join the club.

In January there is half a season still to go, when a manager is sacked as AA was, there has to be a longer term plan in place, which we know there wasn't.  For all the 'we were sitting comfortably in 5th place.'..we had just lost to Livi, Ross County and failed to beat St.Johnstone at home. The 5th places position could well have disappeared pretty quickly had AA remained in charge..maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't..but form at that time was not indicative of a team who were 'comfortable' in that position.

If AD were to be removed in the near future, a replacement would have to be lined up to come in right away. It is clear that if we were to lose next weekend, that the remainder of the season will be a fight to avoid the bottom 2 spots. Any new manager takes time to hit the ground, and put their ideas across, also they would have to work with the squad we currently have, with essentially next to no options from the bench. 

It looks like we will just have to hope that some wins are put on the board fast to ensure safety, and then review the whole situation when the split comes around. The track record of being able to find the right man and recruitment over the past year has been shambolic to say the least and doesn't engender confidence of getting it right either post-split or early summer. 

Edited by Jedi2

18 minutes ago, diamond_geezer said:

I think this is a disgraceful title for a thread . I don’t think he should be our manager next season but folk need to have a word with themselves. 

I would agree that it’s totally inappropriate but the team selection on Saturday was proof, if any more was needed, that he is not manager material. 
The decision to drop Kiltie after his man of match performance on Wednesday night shows a guy who doesn’t know what he is doing. And you can add dropping Del Fabro in favour of Broadfoot to that. 

On 3/8/2020 at 10:11 AM, KillieBoys1869 said:

In Angelo's last 15 games, we got 22 points, in dyers first 15 games, we have got 10. If the reason why aa was sacked was due to performances, then surely we cant sign AD full time

I think its time to realise that AA was probably not sacked for footballing reasons.

I don't get a lot of the decisions made by Dyer but it is over the top calling him a fraud, he has not exactly got a lot to work with, though I suppose he is partly responsible for that. The winter transfer window is mainly full of players other clubs want rid of, there are not too many match winning creative midfielders up for grabs.

I also don't get where the notion that the club didn't support AA or AD in the transfer windows comes from. Of course both windows were rubbish for us, but at no stage were deals knocked back on a financial basis...the budget was increased, the fact not much happened was not due to money not being available. There is plenty to be critical of but that's not one of them.

A lot is being made of Billy Bowie saying that he'd be happy for AD to take the manager's job on full time. Seriously, if he's asked the question what do you expect him to say? Anyone in that position would publicly back the man in situ at least until the (interim) job is done and we are in no danger. He binned the "best manager in the league" when he thought it was required, why would that be any different with AD?

I hope that a lesson was learned when we dragged our heels a bit waiting to see if SC would stay on, and are looking at the summer already. We have to consider all options and do what is best for the club long term as this revolving door stuff is killing us. I don't believe for a minute that decisions have been made already, regardless of what is said in the press, we don't do our business in public.

In my opinion I think the Club Board should be looking to expand and get more people involved, forget all that minimum entry requirement stuff and get people in the door that can spread the load a bit and bring something new to the table. I think Fowler was a good appointment and we'll see the benefits that will bring when he's had the chance to put stabilise things, and a bigger board and more people with football knowledge/experience would benefit him as well.

7 hours ago, baz said:

I also don't get where the notion that the club didn't support AA or AD in the transfer windows comes from. Of course both windows were rubbish for us, but at no stage were deals knocked back on a financial basis...the budget was increased, the fact not much happened was not due to money not being available. There is plenty to be critical of but that's not one of them

The notion comes from what happened during the two transfer windows and the fact that we are running with the smallest squad in the league.

From what I’ve seen, read and heard about football managers over the years they almost always want more money to spend and they almost always want to bring in more players, regardless of where they are in the league and regardless of how big the squad is.  

It’s a remarkable coincidence that we seem to have employed two of the most financially prudent and cost conscious managers in football if they didn’t really want to spend the funds the board made available to them. No one can tell me that Sow and Jackson were ever on a target list of potential signings. 

Or perhaps that’s just a load of spin and the funds were never there to spent in the first place. Or worse still, there was some money to spend but the club didn’t have the current infrastructure to spend it - either in the summer or even in January after a totally inexperienced Director of Football was appointed.

Either way something doesn’t add up. 3rd place in the league, increased home attendances, SC compensation money and the Taylor transfer fee certainly hasn’t been reflected in the squad. 

The lack of investment, due to money available, lack of scouting, players not wanting to come/play on our plastic pitch or whatever has hindered our performance this season big time. It is a shame because virtually everything that has been achieved in the last two seasons has now depreciated. Support is lower, we have a very good first 11 but too much is asked of them.countless times in our bad run or games midweek then weekend we have been crying out for a small change in personnel but there is none so we've played 90, sometimes 120 mins with the same 11.

To most this seems obvious and to most even a bit of planning and organisation could have prevented this. 

Was away all weekend so missed the usual turgid game with Hamilton fortunately. 

Read through the points and some really good ones raised but to call AD a fraud is absolutely ridiculous and i think that patter needs reigning in. 

I take the point about Alessio not deserving the sack all day long but in my humble opinion, from the CQN game onward I began to hate going to the football on a Saturday, it was absolutely brutal to watch. I also think we need to remember that yes our record of points and league standing was pretty decent but a rut had set in and we were without a doubt on a downward spiral which we are still in. 

I do agree that Dyer hasn't done enough to be given the job but i think he should be under consideration along with any other candidates who come forward. 

15 hours ago, superfan said:

I think its time to realise that AA was probably not sacked for footballing reasons.

I heard yesterday it all came to a head after AA ranted to the players in Italian with Donati involved and Dyer sitting silent. A delegation of players approached the Board and he was sacked the next day. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the Board concluded things weren’t going to get better. That would help explain the turnaround from the Trust meeting days before. 

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I heard yesterday it all came to a head after AA ranted to the players in Italian with Donati involved and Dyer sitting silent. A delegation of players approached the Board and he was sacked the next day. Whatever the rights and wrongs, the Board concluded things weren’t going to get better. That would help explain the turnaround from the Trust meeting days before. 

Good to see the players have stepped up with results since then.

15 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

That particular rumour surfaced not long after he was sacked. 

12 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I heard yesterday it all came to a head after AA ranted to the players in Italian with Donati involved and Dyer sitting silent.

But everybody who raised the "communication" issue got shot down as racist, sexist and heaven knows what.

Being a fitba manger is about managing fiba players, some of whom are not the sharpest tools in the box. Communication is key.

Anywhere else in Europe but here they would be used to hearing 5 or 6 different languages and if they didn't understand the manager it would be expected that they made it their business to learn. This is Britain where if somebody doesn't speak English the accepted wisdom among the masses is that they are thick. That is an unpleasant unpalatable truth we have to live with. 

18 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I heard yesterday .......

I personally heard it was down to the board having to pay a significant amount more in termination if he managed any more games.

Most folk I speak to are fairly certain it was nothing to do with the crap football or the results.

38 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

But everybody who raised the "communication" issue got shot down as racist, sexist and heaven knows what.

Being a fitba manger is about managing fiba players, some of whom are not the sharpest tools in the box. Communication is key.

Anywhere else in Europe but here they would be used to hearing 5 or 6 different languages and if they didn't understand the manager it would be expected that they made it their business to learn. This is Britain where if somebody doesn't speak English the accepted wisdom among the masses is that they are thick. That is an unpleasant unpalatable truth we have to live with. 

Bielsa seems to be doing alright at Leeds.

It’s pretty laughable to think we sacked AA and kept faith with AD. 

At least we’ll have a nice wee garden at the back of the Moffat. 

our current squad of players are not good enough. That comes down to recruitment as much as investment. We are where we should be in the league right now. Thank god AA got the points we did before he got the bullet for getting below average players to try and play an effective system. If he hadn’t wed be bottom of table by now.