Dyer - fraud

Killie lad

27 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

15 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 11 defeats. I'm sorry Mr Bowie but if you think this is good enough then you have to think again. Worrying think is the fact that Billy expects him to be manager next season. Performances have been better but unless we won the majority of our last games he needs to go

Those stats are really damning.

7 hours ago, skygod said:

Calling Dyer a fraud is harsh.

He didn't push himself forward for the job and, in his pre-match interviews, he modestly says we'll try to get a win or a draw.

He sets his sights low and the players seem to be responding accordingly.

Blame lies higher up than Dyer.

Absolutely.

We didn’t do what needed to be done in January. A couple of decent signings, even loans, and we would have made the top six. 

The squad (which I think is now the smallest in the league) is running on empty. 

Where did the money go? No one can tell me we didn’t have something available to bring a couple in. 

9 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Those stats are really damning.

They are also, I think, wrong! 

Played 15

Won 4 (QP, Ross County, Hearts, Rangers)

Drawn 3 (Aberdeen x 3)

Lost 8

Two draws and nine defeats if you consider the extra-time to be a defeat. 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Played 15

Drawn 3 (Aberdeen x 3)

Lost 8

Two draws and nine defeats if you consider the penalty shoot-out to be a defeat. 

An almost identical win ratio to Lee McCulloch and Gary Locke. 

He's not the man for the job. 

8 hours ago, skygod said:

Played 15

Drawn 3 (Aberdeen x 3)

Lost 8

Two draws and nine defeats if you consider the penalty shoot-out to be a defeat. 

Apologises they are wrong. I don't know where I got those numbers, It was late and I was still in shock from hearing Gavin Wallace on killietv say 'ten man hamilton have a penalty'

This is more accurate if you just consider the league.

Lost

1 Motherwell home

2 Rangers away

3 st mirren home

4 St Johnstone away

5 Celtic home

6 Hibs home

7 Hamilton away

Drawn

1 Aberdeen home

Won

Ross County home

Hearts away

Rangers home

Still pretty horrific reading. Listening to Dyer he sounds raging at the players

Edited by kfc_superteam

I think it's harsh to call Dyer a fraud. He's clearly a decent guy doing the best he can in a s**te set of circumstances. We have two forwards on our books and a manager who wants to play two up top. We only have three central midfield players in the current squad. 

For whatever reason we spoke about increasing the budget this year and then sold a player to Celtic for what must have at least been a 7 figure sum. In spite of this neither manager has been given backing to increase the size of the squad. 

The board wrote this season off when they appointed AD...a good coach and excellent man...at a point where he himself was sending them a message that they had to get someone in to manage the club.

The players have been treated like heroes and been told all season they are not the problem but the reality is their performances are nowhere near good enough...and we don't have the personnel for a manager to change things because of this. 

AD is no fraud. But there is no way he should be given the job long term on recent showings. We need someone with experience and respect in the game to come in and clear out a few players to break down the mentality around the club and start again. That man would need backed by the board (even if it was only to get some loans in) to do so. I don't see that happening and with Dicker, Power, Broadfoot, Burke all a year older next year I really fear for us.

The result against Rangers is the only one that was unexpected but then look at the run of firm they have gone on since then. We beat Hearts away but they are in turmoil. 

The performances are better but the players can’t put games away and make stupid mistakes. 

Presume we brought Broadfoot back to sort out the defence but it’s been a bit of a shambles. Time for a clear out. Too many players are getting over the hill. Also feel there are some senior players with too much power who aren’t delivering. Issue is that we have limited squad depth to drop them. If we get safe it’s time to give some of the younger players some game time but we may be playing to avoid relegation to the end of the season.

if we had beaten Aberdeen and Accies which you can argue we should have done them we’d have been in a good position for the top 6. 

4 minutes ago, livvy said:

For whatever reason we spoke about increasing the budget this year and then sold a player to Celtic for what must have at least been a 7 figure sum. In spite of this neither manager has been given backing to increase the size of the squad.

It was mentioned at the AGM that Dyer knocked back the chance to sign a number of players for a variety of reasons. He’s not exactly innocent in the whole recruitment situation. 

30 minutes ago, livvy said:

The board wrote this season off when they appointed AD...a good coach and excellent man...at a point where he himself was sending them a message that they had to get someone in to manage the club.

We really needed to be decisive and appoint a new.permanent manager when Alessio left.

If the board had reservations about AA, they could have lined up a replacement before firing him. The new man would then have had the benefit of the January break to recruit and to familiarise himself with the squad.

Now we face the prospect of the same issues as last close season - no manager and few players left under contract

The board has bent over backwards with AD, keeping him on last summer, giving him an extended period as interim manage, and BB rashly endorsing him as his pick for permanent manager. 

For the good of the club, they need to show they have the will to make the unpalatable decisions which are part and parcel of the game.

10 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

15 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 11 defeats. I'm sorry Mr Bowie but if you think this is good enough then you have to think again. Worrying think is the fact that Billy expects him to be manager next season. Performances have been better but unless we won the majority of our last games he needs to go

Those stats are horrendous I didn't realise it was as bad. Can't defend that at all imo

The guys not a fraud, just not the man for the job. Form since he took over is worrying and although we should be safe enough it is worrying times again.

Form in last 15 matches.

1525178824_Formlast15games.jpg.a24cd30fbfb3d052252b40179acf7489.jpg

Edited by GCM
Added what table was

53 minutes ago, GCM said:

The guys not a fraud, just not the man for the job. Form since he took over is worrying and although we should be safe enough it is worrying times again.

Form in last 15 matches.

Yet still people think Dyer is the man for the job. Most worryingly our club majority shareholder.

This table is the damning evidence of Dyers tenure so far and should end any debate as to whether he should be here next season. 

He's not a fraud in the slightest. He's just a guy who wants to do his best but unfortunately for him his inexperience is showing through and the signs have been there since the start of his reign for me. 

I really really like the guy but I don't want him as manager. If it's true the board are to appoint him, he should be man enough to admit he isn't up to it. Similar mould to mcculloch, without the rangers connection. 

59 minutes ago, GCM said:

Form in last 15 matches.

That form isn’t worrying. It’s terrible. If we hadn’t put some extra points on the board under AA we’d be bottom of the league.