Doubts over the board

Guff92

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Gutless keyboard warriors. 

I didn't create either of those threads, but given that this is an online fan's forum, what did you expect ? Fans are angry and rightly so. Did you expect logical, reasoned, debate immediately after a hugely damaging defeat against a side that lost two players through injury and had a player sent off ? Everything that could go wrong on the footballing side of the club, did go wrong this season. The only thing which we did right was reach fifth place in the league, and the manager whose points are keeping us in the league, was sacked. None of the appointments which BB made have worked out or made any perceived improvement on recruitment, results, or team morale. You would think Bowie would have learned something after praising AA at the start of the season, but no, he went on to give AD his verbal support to become permanent manager. We're not asking for miracles, I think most of us expected this to be a season of transition, but I don't think anybody expected the footballing side of the club to be so publicly humiliating. 

4 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Correct. 

The Dyer-Fraud thread is equally as cringeworthy as a title. 

It makes you wonder if any of those that start these threads would have the guts to say it to Alex Dyers or Billy Bowies face? 

Gutless keyboard warriors. 

Keyboard warriors? 

37 downvotes and counting and only a couple of members with a set of baws to actually say anything. The mods of this website have made it far to easy for folk to agree/disagree without having any sort of input. The whole thing should be scrapped that way people can actually explain why they disagree like a real man/woman.

I’ll be the first to admit I shouldn’t have labelled the thread the way I did and maybe I can appreciate what BB has done so far for the club but you canny disagree with my actual points. If you do, you need to seek help. 

3 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Keyboard warriors? 

37 downvotes and counting and only a couple of members with a set of baws to actually say anything. The mods of this website have made it far to easy for folk to agree/disagree without having any sort of input. The whole thing should be scrapped that way people can actually explain why they disagree like a real man/woman.

I’ll be the first to admit I shouldn’t have labelled the thread the way I did and maybe I can appreciate what BB has done so far for the club but you canny disagree with my actual points. If you do, you need to seek help. 

There is a Trust meeting on Thursday night .

Go along and put your points across to Cathy. I'm sure you won't be the only one present that feels the way you do.  

3 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

There is a Trust meeting on Thursday night .

Go along and put your points across to Cathy. I'm sure you won't be the only one present that feels the way you do.  

Not in the trust.

You could speak on my behalf because surely you agree with my points? 
Sacked the manager of the month, no plan B, players who wanted AA out haven’t performed, lack of activity in the transfer window....also ask if we are currently taking CV’s for the managers job. Cheers

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Not in the trust.

You could speak on my behalf because surely you agree with my points? 
Sacked the manager of the month, no plan B, players who wanted AA out haven’t performed, lack of activity in the transfer window....also ask if we are currently taking CV’s for the managers job. Cheers

I was at the Q and A with Angelo but won't make this Thursday.

Dont disagree with some of your points, and along with a hell of a lot of fans I'm as frustrated as you are at how this season has panned out.

Especially after the joy of last season and the optimism that finishing 3rd and being in Europe brought.

We as fans can only hope that the board realise that they have made mistakes and learn from them. They have certainly lost the feel good factor and confidence in them is fragile.

I got slaughtered a few weeks ago for posting that we were Scotlands oldest professional club but were being run like Scotlands newest amateur club.

It pains me to say that but for me it's the brutal truth, when you compare us to similar sized clubs ( Motherwell , St Mirren) . The difference is night and day.

I also have to say that both those clubs have similar schemes to TIK and Killie Trust and the membership of those schemes puts ours to shame.

Motherwell going into administration and maybe St Mirrens time out the top league has perhaps galvanized their supports into realising what they could have lost/missed.

I'd hate to think that Killie being relegated/being in financial bother is what it would take to rouse some fans out their apathy.

So if you can afford it, then join the Trust/TIK . Go along make your points at meetings.

As Jock Stein said "Football is nothing without fans"

20 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I was at the Q and A with Angelo but won't make this Thursday.

Dont disagree with some of your points, and along with a hell of a lot of fans I'm as frustrated as you are at how this season has panned out.

Especially after the joy of last season and the optimism that finishing 3rd and being in Europe brought.

We as fans can only hope that the board realise that they have made mistakes and learn from them. They have certainly lost the feel good factor and confidence in them is fragile.

I got slaughtered a few weeks ago for posting that we were Scotlands oldest professional club but were being run like Scotlands newest amateur club.

It pains me to say that but for me it's the brutal truth, when you compare us to similar sized clubs ( Motherwell , St Mirren) . The difference is night and day.

I also have to say that both those clubs have similar schemes to TIK and Killie Trust and the membership of those schemes puts ours to shame.

Motherwell going into administration and maybe St Mirrens time out the top league has perhaps galvanized their supports into realising what they could have lost/missed.

I'd hate to think that Killie being relegated/being in financial bother is what it would take to rouse some fans out their apathy.

So if you can afford it, then join the Trust/TIK . Go along make your points at meetings.

As Jock Stein said "Football is nothing without fans"

Well said.

Remain unconvinced by “everything Bowie has done for the club”. End of the day, his introductory involvement with KFC was as a business partner of the most derided figure in our history, and one which he benefited from massively. What is his rough investment? I’m not sure that it’s the gargantuan figure many think. Has his investment been entirely benevolent or has he gotten any of it back? Seems to me that we had a massively increased income last season and it’s not entirely obvious where that has gone.As regards Steve Clarke, if you think it was Billy Bowie’s idea or contact who got him up here you’re delusional. I do respect the fact that those responsible don’t take all the plaudits for that one though, cos they deserve it more!

Totally concede most of above is conjecture, but no more conjecture than “Billy Bowie is the saviour of our club”. And perhaps more balanced than “BB is a fraud”. He’s at best somewhere in the middle. And we are - tellingly - still without a chairman.

48 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

When it comes to football matters, I neither have confidence in the board nor trust that they have learned from their mistakes. 

The peripheral stuff around the club is relatively easy to do if you have money to spend. But the football side is paramount. 

All the fancy lounges and play zones will count for nothing if the team isn’t functioning on the pitch.  

To me, it’s symptomatic of the board that they will not elect a chairman. It’s like nobody wants to take responsibility. 

1 hour ago, aumgn said:

Remain unconvinced by “everything Bowie has done for the club”. End of the day, his introductory involvement with KFC was as a business partner of the most derided figure in our history, and one which he benefited from massively. What is his rough investment? I’m not sure that it’s the gargantuan figure many think. Has his investment been entirely benevolent or has he gotten any of it back? Seems to me that we had a massively increased income last season and it’s not entirely obvious where that has gone.As regards Steve Clarke, if you think it was Billy Bowie’s idea or contact who got him up here you’re delusional. I do respect the fact that those responsible don’t take all the plaudits for that one though, cos they deserve it more!

Totally concede most of above is conjecture, but no more conjecture than “Billy Bowie is the saviour of our club”. And perhaps more balanced than “BB is a fraud”. He’s at best somewhere in the middle. And we are - tellingly - still without a chairman.

We need a chairman.....a striker..... a centre mid....a 3 goalies.......a left back.....a grass park ......a manager.....a hundred other things 

....what will we get?     I'll  take suggestions.  On the back of a postage stamp please. 

10 hours ago, Guff92 said:

The mods of this website have made it far to easy for folk to agree/disagree without having any sort of input. The whole thing should be scrapped that way people can actually explain why they disagree like a real man/woman.

I'd argue that the voting system makes it much easier for users to have an input. It lets people have their say on a topic or post without being drawn into a combative discussion.

I think most people with a "people who gave me red cards; why am I wrong" attitude are seeking conflict rather than enlightenment. Something most people wisely want to stay well clear of.

11 hours ago, aumgn said:

End of the day, his introductory involvement with KFC was as a business partner of the most derided figure in our history, and one which he benefited from massively. 

Don't forget he was announced as a board member .... then those announcements disappeared .... then later the bank deal went through and they (MJ & BB) had done an 'arms length' deal with the hotel.

There was plenty of posts about it at the time ....

10 hours ago, skygod said:

When it comes to football matters, I neither have confidence in the board nor trust that they have learned from their mistakes. 

The peripheral stuff around the club is relatively easy to do if you have money to spend. But the football side is paramount. 

All the fancy lounges and play zones will count for nothing if the team isn’t functioning on the pitch.  

To me, it’s symptomatic of the board that they will not elect a chairman. It’s like nobody wants to take responsibility. 

Spot on

9 hours ago, chubbs said:

Don't forget he was announced as a board member .... then those announcements disappeared .... then later the bank deal went through and they (MJ & BB) had done an 'arms length' deal with the hotel.

There was plenty of posts about it at the time ....

was and still is his priority imo.