Reality check 4 points off bottom this time next week

Steppskillie

'Quite likely' that we lose to St.Mirren, not so sure about that...how about next weekend we are 10pts clear of St.Mirren after beating them, and Hearts dont beat either of St.Mirren (probably a draw), and lose to Livi, and we are 12 pts off bottom, rather than 4.

That is the 'more likely' scenario imo at the moment.

We obviously wont make the top half after todays result, and yes, we definitely need points to be safe.....but could take a huge step towards that next weekend.

Edited by Jedi2

2 hours ago, Steppskillie said:

It could happen 

Hearts beat St Mirren on Wednesday and Livi next week they will have 29 points

Hamilton beat County away they will have 29 points

We lose to St Mirren which with our bottle merchants in the squad is quite likely then St Mirren have 29 points 

We have 33.

Playing good football though. 

Points don't matter. 

So i keep hearing anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Playing good football though. 

Points don't matter. 

So i keep hearing anyway. 

Think that's a bit unfair on our fans to be honest. Don't think I saw anyone suggesting that just because the performances were better everything was fine. 

I'd count myself among those who weren't too concerned with the Hibs and Aberdeen results because I thought that performance level would see us best teams like Accies. 

Seeing that it hasn't, and the manner of today and some of the decisions, makes me re-assess. 

Understand that fans are feeling raw - but some of the comments from fans (not you, to be clear) are way OTT. Dyers performance has been nothing like watching us get played off the park by County under McCulloch or look completely lost like under Locke. We looked utter s**t under Clarke against Accies on a few occasions. Seems Dyer just isn't all that good and we should be getting someone better. 

Flipside the original post here is that we could end next Saturday a point away from the top six. After the comedown from Clarke I didn't think that sort of position was at all unlikely before the season started. 

5 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

But unfortunately the results aren't much better

Not disputing that for a moment - but when there's a thread on the go calling him a fraud it just doesn't sit well with me. All I meant was that it wasn't ridiculous for fans to take a bit of hope from the results since the turn of the year. I thought he could be the man with a better squad under him, I now strongly suspect that's not the case and we need someone new. 

22 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Understand that fans are feeling raw - but some of the comments from fans (not you, to be clear) are way OTT. Dyers performance has been nothing like watching us get played off the park by County under McCulloch or look completely lost like under Locke.

While this is true there is something to be said.about the fact that we are not getting results. In my mind missing out on top six this season when teams like Hearts and St Johnstone have/still are on terrible runs is a massive missed opportunity. I think if you asked most people what their expectations were for the season a cup run and top six would tick most peoples boxes. The fact is since we sacked our apparently rubbish Italian coach that no one liked we have went from being a team with a decent chance of being a six team to one that with 9 games to go is threatened with relegation and out of the Scottish cup.

1 hour ago, Secret Squirrel said:

While this is true there is something to be said.about the fact that we are not getting results. In my mind missing out on top six this season when teams like Hearts and St Johnstone have/still are on terrible runs is a massive missed opportunity. I think if you asked most people what their expectations were for the season a cup run and top six would tick most peoples boxes. The fact is since we sacked our apparently rubbish Italian coach that no one liked we have went from being a team with a decent chance of being a six team to one that with 9 games to go is threatened with relegation and out of the Scottish cup.

To be fair football under AA is the worst ive ever had to watch (not a dyer fan) but a least were scoring goals and games are more exiting. Top six or not dont think i could have lasted the season watching killie under AA.

11 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

To be fair football under AA is the worst ive ever had to watch (not a dyer fan) but a least were scoring goals and games are more exiting. Top six or not dont think i could have lasted the season watching killie under AA.

Totally agree with you here ya muppett lol.

4 hours ago, Panman said:

I said at start of season if we avoid bottom 2 it’ll b a successful season and looks like I was right 

Ive never read such an incorrect post. 

1. Avoiding bottom 2 isnt successful

2. You were the only person who said its successful to avoid bottom 2 so you're only correct in comparison to your own prediction 

3  We've not avoided bottom two yet

Sorry panman is the muppet.

Outwith the OF and  the other 3 big city teams and maybe dundee utd wee are the biggest of the rest. Thinking wee should be happy too just stay up is fecking crazy i know wee had bad times but wee got through them were debt free a set up most teams would die for wee should be top 6 or thereabouts every year anything else is a failure in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

Sorry panman is the muppet.

Outwith the OF and  the other 3 big city teams and maybe dundee utd wee are the biggest of the rest. Thinking wee should be happy too just stay up is fecking crazy i know wee had bad times but wee got through them were debt free a set up most teams would die for wee should be top 6 or thereabouts every year anything else is a failure in my eyes.

Wee ??????

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yes.

Plenty have said we're better to watch under Dyer/improving etc. 

I was meaning the points don't matter part. 

I never saw a single bit of the game yesterday so I'm in no place to comment on it. Just feel that the 2 Aberdeen games and Hibs after a decent wee run of wins there were still major signs of improvement from the s**te we were watching pre winter break.

Points certainly do matter though. A statement that we're playing well or defeats being deemed as unlucky shouldn't be taken as meaning that the points don't matter. 

As stated elsewhere though, I had hoped that relative decent performances in these games would turn into points eventually, starting at Hamilton. That it never happened is more than a cause for concern. 

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I was meaning the points don't matter part. 

I never saw a single bit of the game yesterday so I'm in no place to comment on it. Just feel that the 2 Aberdeen games and Hibs after a decent wee run of wins there were still major signs of improvement from the s**te we were watching pre winter break.

Points certainly do matter though. A statement that we're playing well or defeats being deemed as unlucky shouldn't be taken as meaning that the points don't matter. 

As stated elsewhere though, I had hoped that relative decent performances in these games would turn into points eventually, starting at Hamilton. That it never happened is more than a cause for concern. 

Could've played all day yesterday and not scored. 

Hamilton had better chances, even with 10 men.